The Student Room Group

Why do girls like taller guys?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ct2k7
Being 5'2", people think that I can't protect people with me. A girl who declined me for my height watched in horror as I knocked her 6 ft something boyfriend down.

I can tolerate people making fun out of my height.
I can tolerate people using me as an armrest.
I can't tolerate anyone testing my masculinity, and I will not use force until I have to.

ah short man syndrome, i believe curly had this when he started a fight with lenny in of mice and men :rolleyes:

ah seriously though, beating up someone doesnt make you a man
Reply 61
Original post by Stryder402
ah short man syndrome, i believe curly had this when he started a fight with lenny in of mice and men :rolleyes:

ah seriously though, beating up someone doesnt make you a man

If you read the rest, it was justified. The police declined to take further action as did the man himself.

That said, fighting is no indication of "short man syndrome" which doesn't really exist.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by ct2k7
Being 5'2", people think that I can't protect people with me. A girl who declined me for my height watched in horror as I knocked her 6 ft something boyfriend down.

I can't tolerate anyone testing my masculinity, and I will not use force until I have to.

Sounds like you have shortman syndrome. Other variations include, being ginger and being from an ethnic or religious minority. For everyone else's sake, try and develop some strength of character.
Reply 63
Original post by ct2k7
But where does that leave the smaller guys?

hehe, I dont make up these rules! Its just what I have learnt about from Psychology and sexual selection theory! honest! :tongue:

As for shorter guys...I think personality seems to be a big factor too; they tend to need to overcompensate in other ways;

For example I have a friend that is really short (I think about 5'3 and what he has done to compensate is work out and become really physically strong and attractive (muscular with six-packs) and he gets a helleva lot more women than most guys I know.
His personality is quite easy going too and "joking" and fun and it works for him.

Other research suggests that women are attracted to guys more on an emotional level than physical so if you show a good personality then it works well.
But women are complicated creatures...which reminds me of a good joke:

Paddy was in england and finds a magic lamp; he rubs it and a genie comes out and says to Paddy; "for freeing me I shall grant you one wish, and one wish only - what would you like?"

Paddy thinks about it and then says "well..what I would really like...is a bridge between england and ireland for me to drive up and down as I really hate going by plane or by boat and it would make things easier for me really"

The genie looks at Paddy confused and says "err...well..a bridge...thats quite complex...I mean you need to think about the structure of it all, the shipping lanes, the flight paths for aeroplanes..and its one helleva long bridge your asking me to build...I mean..is there anything else I can do for you instead??"

Paddy thinks for a moment and then says "well..in that case..I have always wanted to know the workings of a womans mind?"

The genie replys " Right..about that damn bridge then.."
Original post by ct2k7

Original post by ct2k7
Don't want to impress her - I have no business with someone who discriminates me using my height.
As I said, I will tolerate things, but there is a certain point. I will not tolerate being tested to such a low level and being called out as being incapable or doing things and being called something that's not a man.

What do you do when you are threatened, hide from it, or fight it? I will not hide from it. People don't dictate me.

Perhaps she 'discriminated' against you because she already had a boyfriend and not due to your height?
Reply 65
Original post by BACTSR2
Sounds like you have shortman syndrome. Other variations include, being ginger and being from an ethnic or religious minority. For everyone else's sake, try and develop some strength of character.

Didn't know that defending yourself makes you have short man syndrome... For everyone's sake, at least read the whole thread before commenting on a post.

Original post by Mephestic
hehe, I dont make up these rules! Its just what I have learnt about from Psychology and sexual selection theory! honest! :tongue:

As for shorter guys...I think personality seems to be a big factor too; they tend to need to overcompensate in other ways;

For example I have a friend that is really short (I think about 5'3 and what he has done to compensate is work out and become really physically strong and attractive (muscular with six-packs) and he gets a helleva lot more women than most guys I know.
His personality is quite easy going too and "joking" and fun and it works for him.

Other research suggests that women are attracted to guys more on an emotional level than physical so if you show a good personality then it works well.
But women are complicated creatures...which reminds me of a good joke:

Paddy was in england and finds a magic lamp; he rubs it and a genie comes out and says to Paddy; "for freeing me I shall grant you one wish, and one wish only - what would you like?"

Paddy thinks about it and then says "well..what I would really like...is a bridge between england and ireland for me to drive up and down as I really hate going by plane or by boat and it would make things easier for me really"

The genie looks at Paddy confused and says "err...well..a bridge...thats quite complex...I mean you need to think about the structure of it all, the shipping lanes, the flight paths for aeroplanes..and its one helleva long bridge your asking me to build...I mean..is there anything else I can do for you instead??"

Paddy thinks for a moment and then says "well..in that case..I have always wanted to know the workings of a womans mind?"

The genie replys " Right..about that damn bridge then.."

My significant other tells me that he fell in love with me because I'm unique. Apparently I'm confident in what I do, and I don't hesitate to do things -that and I'm kind as well. That said, I do get a lot of interest from guys.

Original post by Cinnamon_Twist
Perhaps she 'discriminated' against you because she already had a boyfriend and not due to your height?

Read the thread, she didn't have a boyfriend at the time. She specifically said height, but said that I was an awesome guy :frown:

Quick Reply