The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good win to start the season. Actually looked solid and hard to beat which makes a change from recent seasons.
Can't believe Wednesday managed to grab a draw. Second game in a row they've come from 2-0 down :redface:
Epic comeback by Wednesday against Derby
Solid start to the season for the mighty Oxford United. 2-0 against Bristol Rovers! A good solid performance, without many opportunities for the Gas crafted, due to meeting a wall in defence, even without Dubes!

Jake Forster-Caskey (on loan from Brighton) had a good game with a lush chip:drool:and good creative play in the middle of the park. Any opinions on him from any seagulls fans?
Original post by alex_hk90
Indeed! :smile:

Just back from the MK Dons game - we looked a bit rusty but Oldham look like they might be involved in a regulation battle. Comfortable 2-0 win only marred by a red card after the final whistle (where the player involved on theirs ran away down the tunnel before the ref could talk to him!).

I thought Oldham would be pushing for top 6 this season but obviously wrong!
Who do you have midweek?
Original post by ipswichblade
I thought Oldham would be pushing for top 6 this season but obviously wrong!
Who do you have midweek?

We've got Bournemouth away. And you?
Sheffield Wednesday are home to Birmingham, not gonna lie, would dearly love Wednesday to stuff them.
Original post by Rock Fan
Sheffield Wednesday are home to Birmingham, not gonna lie, would dearly love Wednesday to stuff them.

Will be a tough game.

I cannot believe you lost to West Ham! :angry: How did Lowton do? :love:
Original post by ipswichblade
Will be a tough game.

I cannot believe you lost to West Ham! :angry: How did Lowton do? :love:

Yeah won't be easy at all, yeah I was so angry about us losing to West Ham, appaently Lowton did ok though.

Lee Clarkes men will get their first win of the season mate :wink:
Original post by original_username
Lee Clarkes men will get their first win of the season mate :wink:

Not gonna lie it will be tough, kinda cheering for Wednesday with my girlfriend being the fan of them, nothing malicious towards Birmingham :biggrin:
Not gonna lie it will be tough, kinda cheering for Wednesday with my girlfriend being the fan of them, nothing malicious towards Birmingham :biggrin:

Not going to pull this stunt are you?

Yeah won't be easy at all, yeah I was so angry about us losing to West Ham, appaently Lowton did ok though.

That's good. Thought you may have got a point at West Ham to be fair!

well come to think of it it's given me an idea :ninja:
Great start to the season for Burnley.

The whole team looked good from back to front (Lee Grant probably the only exception in net with some dodgy catching and diving around) and the new players seemed to fit right in. For once, the defence actually managed to avoid conceding any daft goals and the partnership between Jason Shackell and David Edgar looks solid. Joseph Mills (on loan from Reading) is certainly one to watch - likes to get forward and puts some quality crosses in.

For all the hype about Bolton being favourites to win the title/gain automatic promotion I have to say they looked pretty average after the first 15 mins. Without doubt they have some class players (Chung Yong Lee, Martin Petrov and the like) but the tactics were wrong and they seemed intimidated by the fiery atmosphere.

Overall a great game of football to watch and Turf Moor was back to its noisy best (first time since the Premiership season really!). Tough away trips to M'boro tomorrow night and Huddersfield on Saturday though will be an indication as to whether we can actually be consistent this season.
theres only one MFC!! should av won on saturday ref was a disgrace. any other fans here??

Can't decide if that's brave or stupid but certainly is funny.
Original post by alex_hk90
We've got Bournemouth away. And you?

Coventry away tomorrow and Colchester Saturday. I would be so happy with 4 points!
Football league fixtures Tuesday

Championship
Brighton V Cardiff
Bristol City V Crystal Palace
Charlton V Leicester
Huddersfield V Nottm Forest
Middlesbrough V Burnley
Peterborough V Millwall
Sheff Wed V Birmingham
Watford V Ipswich
Wolves V Barnsley
Blackpool V Leeds United
Bolton V Derby

League One

Bournemouth V MK Dons
Brentford V Yeovil
Carlisle V Tranmere
Colchester V Portsmouth
Coventry V Sheff Utd
Doncaster V Bury
Leyton Orient V Stevenage
Notts County V Hartlepool
Oldham V Walsall
Scunthorpe V Crewe
Shrewsbury V Preston
Swindon V Crawley

League Two
Accrington V Port Vale
Aldershot V Exeter
Bradford V Fleetwood
Burton Albion V Wimbledon
Chesterfield V Rochdale
Dag & Red V Plymouth
Morecambe V York
Northampton V Rotherham
Oxford Utd V Southend
Torquay V Cheltenham
Wycombe V Gillingham
Barnet V Bristol Rovers
Tough game for us tomorrow night against Blackpool. Expecting us to loose so would be delighted with even a point.

Latest