The Student Room Group

C3 January 2013 25/01/2013

There's a C4 thread so might as well create a C3 one :P.

Has anyone started any revision yet??

Scroll to see replies

I need to start revising for C3! Completely forgotten all maths! Need 82.
Reply 2
Original post by franzk
There's a C4 thread so might as well create a C3 one :P.

Has anyone started any revision yet??

I am doings c3 too !

The only chapter that i find hard is chapter 7!
Reply 3
I'm doing C3, S2, D1 and M2 in January. I'm doing M2 before I do M1. :colone:
Reply 4
Original post by kanojyoxx
I'm doing C3, S2, D1 and M2 in January. I'm doing M2 before I do M1. :colone:

crazy stuff :O

ive got this exam in jan and m1
start from Sept - so three months to prepare should be enough I hope :l feel like we're behind as we're starting chapter 6 and most people here are either on the last one or finished for c3 :l
Reply 5
Original post by MedMed12

start from Sept - so three months to prepare should be enough I hope :l feel like we're behind as we're starting chapter 6 and most people here are either on the last one or finished for c3 :l

shall we revise :smile: lets ask questions
Reply 6
I'm really worried about this exam, I'm pretty bad a C3 trig. Need to start revising I think!
Reply 7

We have finished M2 and are onto the last chapter of C3 so you're not the only one who hasn't finished.
Reply 8
Is everyone still completing the edexcel book? I would say I am but at the moment I'm all over the place with c3
Reply 9
any good tips on chapter 7
Reply 10
Original post by franzk
Is everyone still completing the edexcel book? I would say I am but at the moment I'm all over the place with c3

yeah except we do skim it, we do afew questions from each exercise and then move on. with M1 we do everything and it takes forever :l

Original post by kanojyoxx
We have finished M2 and are onto the last chapter of C3 so you're not the only one who hasn't finished.

ahh we've almost finished m1 half way through last one, and c3 yeah not too far off
:smile: c4 is only 6 chapters so to have 4 months for it, it shud be okay

Original post by otrivine
shall we revise :smile: lets ask questions

will that work on tsr? :s-smilie: I usually just revise everything and then do past papers nearer the time :P
erm lets try...
1 +cot^2x =
??

ahah and then the other chapters has afew more identities with
Sin(a +b)= ??
etc we havent done this chapter but ive had a look 8)
Reply 11
yeah except we do skim it, we do afew questions from each exercise and then move on. with M1 we do everything and it takes forever :l

ahh we've almost finished m1 half way through last one, and c3 yeah not too far off
:smile: c4 is only 6 chapters so to have 4 months for it, it shud be okay

will that work on tsr? :s-smilie: I usually just revise everything and then do past papers nearer the time :P
erm lets try...
1 +cot^2x =
??

ahah and then the other chapters has afew more identities with
Sin(a +b)= ??
etc we havent done this chapter but ive had a look 8)

no probs its like saying how u solve it so what is the question :smile:
Reply 12
c3 is finished for me :biggrin:
:/ but only done half of m2 :/.....peak..
Reply 13
Original post by ACBLISS
c3 is finished for me :biggrin:
:/ but only done half of m2 :/.....peak..

the only chapter i find quite hard is chapter 7 how did u do those ?
Reply 14
any good tips on chapter 7

Just memories all the identities...the addition formulas, double angle, half angle...you should be fine :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by ACBLISS
Just memories all the identities...the addition formulas, double angle, half angle...you should be fine :smile:

ok thanks want to do some revision asking questions ok tell me the method on how to solve
this

Cos2x = 5cotx
How do you find the range of a function? Hate functions :'( is it by plugging in the x-values?
even though it's one of the easiest chapters in c3. Don't think I'm gonna do to well in jan.
Reply 17
Original post by goldenfish
How do you find the range of a function? Hate functions :'( is it by plugging in the x-values?
even though it's one of the easiest chapters in c3. Don't think I'm gonna do to well in jan.

Range if you are asked to find the range for example in inverse in f-1(x) you look at the domain i imagine right guys? and if you are given a graph you find where the line stops , you look at the y axis
Reply 18
Doing C3 and D1 in jan. Only thing that really troubles me is trig but I have quite a bit of time to get it right. Need an A* for UCL so I better start working soon, anyone else going for an A*?
Reply 19
ok thanks want to do some revision asking questions ok tell me the method on how to solve
this

Cos2x = 5cotx

sorry about that i was playing fifa :tongue:
i did it but i dont know if im right because this question is quite long :/
Do you know what the answer is?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending