The Student Room Group

Help! Edexcel Live Text Solution Bank Stopped Working!

Has anyone else had this problem? My computer automatically updated to the new version of Windows Internet Explorer and the Solution Bank has stopped working now! I can open Live Text and click on the Solutions buttons but after it me whether I want to allow ActiveX blocked content (I click yes, which is what I always did before) it just gives me a blank screen...

I really need to get this sorted as I don't think I can pass A level Maths and Further Maths without it! Anyone know what to do?
Reply 1
Original post by Zolata
Has anyone else had this problem? My computer automatically updated to the new version of Windows Internet Explorer and the Solution Bank has stopped working now! I can open Live Text and click on the Solutions buttons but after it me whether I want to allow ActiveX blocked content (I click yes, which is what I always did before) it just gives me a blank screen...

I really need to get this sorted as I don't think I can pass A level Maths and Further Maths without it! Anyone know what to do?

Go to developer tools in internet explorer. Pressing F12 might pop up developer tools.
From there change the browser mode to ie8. Now refresh your page but don't restart internet explorer.
Reply 2
Original post by raheem94
Go to developer tools in internet explorer. Pressing F12 might pop up developer tools.
From there change the browser mode to ie8. Now refresh your page but don't restart internet explorer.

Thanks so much! You are a life saver :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Zolata
Thanks so much! You are a life saver :smile:

No problem, you are welcome.
Reply 4
An alternative way is to navigate to:
\content\sb\content on the CD and open the file with the same name as the unit e.g 'c4.html' in internet explorer.
Reply 5

thank you sooo much; you're a life-saver! :biggrin:
Reply 6
If anyone is still having some trouble understanding it, then see the video.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7

I cannot tell you how much I love you right now
Reply 8
when i press developer tools or F12...it shows "internet explorer has stopped working!!!!!!
what can i do?
i have ie10 on Windows 8

isn't it possible to run it on chrome or firefox??????
Reply 9
Original post by asifzahmed
when i press developer tools or F12...it shows "internet explorer has stopped working!!!!!!
what can i do?
i have ie10 on Windows 8

isn't it possible to run it on chrome or firefox??????

Have a look at this video for running it on firefox

[video="youtube;DvSL0Rnm1lg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvSL0Rnm1lg[/video]
Reply 10
Original post by Zolata

-

http://jonathanb.co.uk/cds/?q=C_3_7_A_19

I prefer this one:smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest