The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Whats all the trouble over Jo about?

Same as Tevez a while ago isn't it?

Stupid stuff...

£20m... Damn... That is going to rise...
Reply 101
ye basically although its allowed in other leagues such as france and spain. the premier league have a rule saying that players cannot be owned by a third party.

Tevez caused trouble over this.... so basically they are rumours that the ppl that owned tevez, own jo....so the papers had a fieldday and said city couldnt get Jo, but City Exec Gary Cooke spoke to them and reassured them that everything is ok......

And they are agreeing deals with Nike, so Ronaldinho can forfill his pre-scheduled commitments at events etc... meaning he will miss some games for city. but they will contribute to wages etc... Complicated haha
Very complicated. :ninja:

If Citeh do get Ronnie, he could end up missing vital games?...

Now i think if i was a Citeh fan, and that happened, i would be seriously pissed off.. But i suppose the sponsors come first, wherever he goes... Not the kind of thing anyone can buy out...

Do you think Ronnie will be signing for you then?
Reply 103
i think he will yes :smile:

rumour is that its just carling cup games that he'll miss and maybe a couple of games at christmas.

he already has commitments in spain you see, so they are trying to work around them, and rearrange dates to coincide with less important matches etc..

thats the stage theyre at at the moment and he's asked for the number 10 shirtm respectivley.

Fingers Crossed
Not too bad then..

Quite a bit of traveling will be involved, but i suppose that doesn't really matter, it;s only Spain.. (and possibly Brazil)..

Who has the 10 shirt atm at citeh?

Im just waiting for the massive announcement that Ronnie has signed... Surely can't be that far away now...
Reply 105
rolando bianchi, but he shud be leaving.....

not sure how far away it is. its a long process with nike.

whats all tht stuff about BWP??
Bianchi... I always thought he had so much more to offer... Shame..

Long & expensive.. Yet, im sure Ronnie will make the money back before long...

BWP thing: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2145283/Footballers-Bradley-Wright-Phillips-and-Nathan-Dyer-charged-with-burglary.html

I know he is an ex Citeh player.. But still.. :p:
Reply 107
haha what is he like lol
SWP is my hero lmaoo, BWP is a city reject hahahaha

Bianchi is a good player, but he wasnt happy, and even when the sun was out, he'de put his gloves n neckwarmer on ffs.

nvm, cant win em all.
Reply 108
.Andrew.
I think the rule is something like that...

No idea MLS confuses the fugde out of me...

Or something like 'the whole teams wages can only be a certain amount' per season.. Or something like that... With the exception of the ones who aren't 'drafted in'..

probably wrong.. but meh, gave it a go..

Sort of...

The MLS has a set salary cap which the total wages of all players in the side must fall under (round about $2mill). However, there's a "Designated Player Rule" (nicknamed the Beckham rule, though this was coincidental :p:) which can be applied to a player in the side; $400,000 of his wages count towards the cap and the rest does not. Every team had a designated player 'slot', but have the option to trade the slot the same as if trading a player; this means that it's possible for some teams to have two designated players while other teams aren't allowed any (if a team has two slots, only $325,000 of the second player's wages count towards the salary cap).

Only two teams currently have two designated player slots (and they're making use of both): Red Bull New York (who have Juan Pablo Angel and Claudio Reyna) and DC United (who have Luciano Emilio and Marcelo Gallardo).
Chivas USA (LA Galaxy's big rivals) and Colorado Rapids have no designated player slots.
Reply 109
Dalimyr
Sort of...

The MLS has a set salary cap which the total wages of all players in the side must fall under (round about $2mill). However, there's a "Designated Player Rule" (nicknamed the Beckham rule, though this was coincidental :p:) which can be applied to a player in the side; $400,000 of his wages count towards the cap and the rest does not. Every team had a designated player 'slot', but have the option to trade the slot the same as if trading a player; this means that it's possible for some teams to have two designated players while other teams aren't allowed any (if a team has two slots, only $325,000 of the second player's wages count towards the salary cap).

Only two teams currently have two designated player slots (and they're making use of both): Red Bull New York (who have Juan Pablo Angel and Claudio Reyna) and DC United (who have Luciano Emilio and Marcelo Gallardo).
Chivas USA (LA Galaxy's big rivals) and Colorado Rapids have no designated player slots.

Too complicated for my liking :toofunny:

ex-pl stars graveyard... :biggrin:
Reply 111
.Andrew.
Too complicated for my liking :toofunny:

ex-pl stars graveyard... :biggrin:

Complex as it is, I do admire the Americans' attempts to keep the teams on a fairly level playing field. A number of the rules are in place so you don't get a handful of teams completely dominating the league, as is the case in many European countries :smile: Imagine what the Premiership would be like if it had an enforced salary cap. An MLS team spends around £1.1m on players' wages over the course of a whole year...a few clubs in the Premiership top that in a single week.
The PL would fall apart.. :eek:

It would die as one of the best.. That's for sure..

Chelsea probably pay that every 20 minutes...
Reply 113
Another blue here! :smile:

I want to join :P
Man City are in deep, deep poo...

From an alleged employee at MCFC

I'm sorry to say this, as a life long fan and - for the last few (for me at least) unforgettable months - employee, MCFC as we know it is finished. Here are the FACTS, for those who really want to know. Thaksin is, as of midlnight 10th August, 2008, an international fugitive.

He now has to be found guilty of corruption in Thailand in his absense, offering no defence. Extradition requests will surely follow. The PL will then have to find him short of the fit and proper ownership rules (and believe me, the pressure for that from fellow 'members' has been growing since June).

Thaksin is trying to palm off City onto whoever will now take it, an insolvent mess of a business, completely incapable of sustaining itself. The truth is that the only interested party (until recently) - Wardle - is not now able to bail City out now , he cant come close on his own and no partners have been found. The wage bioll and committments due on the last 2 years' transfers have spiralled out of control.

The Corluka affair is the last straw - I personally worked on the deal and can assure anyone interested that he has already been transferred to Spurs. Spurs have this evening started legal action, and he will be barred from playing for City following an injunction in the courts tomorrow.

Personally I expect Hughes to then resign on principal (he has no choice now, he is on record as saying that he will have final say on all transfers). Many wont believe any of this, but a few will.

I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am pissed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk.

I am posting this message on a few sites - apologies for those that keep reading it, but I want City fans to know what is happening. The sad truth is we are finished, and that as a result, the PL will be facing its biggest challenge since inception within 2 weeks of now.

The news is spreading pretty quickly, and it's been confirmed by a number of news sites.

In a bitter, handwritten note read by newscasters on television, Thaksin said that he rode in bulletproof cars in Thailand, constantly fearing for his life, and that he had lost faith in the judiciary to hear fairly the many cases brought against him by a military-appointed panel after the military coup. His wife was recently sentenced to three years in prison for tax evasion and the couple faces other cases for corruption and financial misdeeds.

"This is what I get for serving the country, the monarchy and the people with hard work and dedication for six years as prime minister," Thaksin wrote.

Khamnuan Chalopatham, one of Thaksin's lawyers, confirmed the authenticity of the note.

Thaksin and his wife, who had been attending the Olympic Games in Beijing, flew directly to London instead of returning to Bangkok for a scheduled court appearance Monday, Thai media reported.

"I am not perfect, but I insist that I am not as bad as what they accuse me of," Thaksin wrote in his letter.

"I must apologize again for deciding to come to live in England," Thaksin added. "If I am fortunate enough, I will return and die on Thai soil, just like other Thais." http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/08/11/asia/thai.php

Wow.
The Thais have frozen close to a billion squid of his assets over there apparently. I doubt he'll get extradited though: would Britain send somebody back to a military junta? Doubt it.

Really interesting story unfolding.
Just when you lose your faith in comedy, City are there to take it to new heights. Really, what would we do without them?
I'm kinda disappointed, Seba. I was expecting a much more profound, "I told you foreign ownership is evil" statement from you. :p:
Overmars
I'm kinda disappointed, Seba. I was expecting a much more profound, "I told you foreign ownership is evil" statement from you. :p:

Sometimes the words write themselves!
Touche.

Latest