The Student Room Group

Where can I find a decent guy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I am desperate to find a nice, kind, caring, understanding, patient, reliable, loyal guy but I have no idea where they hide out. Or why I am currently with a douchebag. Any tips?

Erm, sorry for not being perfect.

You probably aren't an angel yourself.
Reply 41
Lmao he texts you everytime he sees a hot saying saying how he'd like to do her?

Either incredibly stupud or a bona fide G tbh lol.
Reply 42
Reply 43
Nice guys are everywhere, you just overlook them..
You should probably dump him he sound like an arse really and doesn't treat you well at all.

You can find nice genuine guys everywhere I doubt you can really live in a place with all douches just keep an eye out next time.
Reply 45
in your friend zone
Original post by RequiemForADream
where can I find a decent girl?

hello :wink:
Reply 47
A gay club. Full of nice guys.
Reply 48
Original post by Rory :)
I think she want's a man who respects her for being a women. Not one that will cover her up.

That is very disrespectful of you, what do you know about Islam? I live in a Muslim community, although not a Muslim myself, and I see how respectful they are with everyone and I know how Islam values women because of what's written in their holy book not what we hear from haters. Your comment is such an ignorant, Western stereotype dude, come on we have to be more educated. Yes, there are fundamentalists who use religion as a tool and they abuse it but don't generalize..
Reply 49
Original post by Juman111
That is very disrespectful of you, what do you know about Islam? I live in a Muslim community, although not a Muslim myself, and I see how respectful they are with everyone and I know how Islam values women because of what's written in their holy book not what we hear from haters. Your comment is such an ignorant, Western stereotype dude, come on we have to be more educated. Yes, there are fundamentalists who use religion as a tool and they abuse it but don't generalize..

You're right what do I know about Islam???
Having visited three mosques, my best friends being Muslim and having seen the lack of respect for women myself through him and other Muslim friends I think I know enough to make my own judgement.

Let's start with the time I went round one of my friends houses, him being Muslim but not strict (drinks occasionally etc) as soon as I walked through the door he made his mum put on her head scarf. I have witnessed similar things many times.

Another one of my friends was raped who was a Muslim and said she could not do anything about it because the guy was Muslim too
Reply 50
Having visited three mosques, my best friends being Muslim and having seen the lack of respect for women myself through him and other Muslim friends I think I know enough to make my own judgement.

Let's start with the time I went round one of my friends houses, him being Muslim but not strict (drinks occasionally etc) as soon as I walked through the door he made his mum put on her head scarf. I have witnessed similar things many times.

Another one of my friends was raped who was a Muslim and said she could not do anything about it because the guy was Muslim too

Exactly, people misuse and abuse religion because of the lack of its understanding.. Those are not true Muslims.. if they were, they wouldn't act in this absurd manner. All I have to say is that they have not understood or even read their Holy book and just inherent the wrong image and the wrong way of practicing it.
Reply 51
Original post by aeterno
A gay club. Full of nice guys.

Thats supposed to be a secret, now everyone will try to poach my guys :angry:
Reply 52
Most guys are dicks tbh. Decent guys are a rarity but usually pass under the radar of most girls.
Reply 53
Original post by BradP
Thats supposed to be a secret, now everyone will try to poach my guys :angry:

Sorry :ninja:

Spoiler

I am desperate to find a nice, kind, caring, understanding, patient, reliable, loyal guy but I have no idea where they hide out. Or why I am currently with a douchebag. Any tips?

Nice guys tend to be the ones you think of as friends rather than partner material, because they're reliable, kind and caring, they're not necessarily the one's who make your heart race because they're so exciting or the most handsome guy in the place.

You'll probably find him when you're not looking and least expect to, know what you do and what you don't want in a guy, if you meet one then take your time to getting to know him before committing to a relationship, a nice guy will wait.

Raven
if you're unhappy, should be obvious as to what you need to do. that being said, you're not actually asking for any advice, just complaining about your boyfriend. you should talk to him instead of trying to line up another guy on an internet forum. i don't mean to knock you, but not sure very many of the decent ones would respect the fact that you're going about this in such public a way. good luck.

He also texts me everytime he sees a pretty girl and tells me what he would like to do them (his ideal girl is skinny blonde).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 56
Don't try to look. You'll bump into one sooner or later when you least expect it
Sigh. Another day, another stereotype appears :yawn: You don't want a decent guy, you'll find him boring soon enough. As always. Enquiries like this are ten a penny and are always from the very type of women "nice" guys waste time complaining about on a regular basis.

Don't pretend to act like you don't think what I've said is the truth :nah:

Oh shut up with your stupid generalisations.

See the news recently? Paodiphile ring uncovered. This is how white people behave....why are most paedos on TV white people? oh seee what I did there :rolleyes:

His mother putting her scarf on is a good thing, it's a sign of respect. This is different culture and obviously something very foreign to you so it must be 'bad'? I know many muslims women who are just fine thank you very much.

I can pick particular cases to justify anything.
There are bad people in the world. Bad people-- they could be any colour or creed. Get over yourself.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mad Cat Lady
hello :wink:

How you doin'? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending