Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 21
Hi Linz, is that for the BA or MA? congrats by the way :biggrin:
Reply 22
costaerer......im concerned! are you?! why are they leaving it so late? :frown:
your ucas should get updated online first. then when you accept ucas will send you a letter.
Reply 24
I had an interview about 4 weeks ago for an MA...

Hillbillypete when was ur inteview? Have you recieved a letter?

I am nervous now.. you would think they would reject the people they didn't want staright away (wishful thinking).
Reply 25
getting confusing now with people applying for BA and MA. dont think anyones heard about the BA yet to be honest!

but theyre taking their time. i had my interview 6 weeks ago!!
Reply 26
Original post by costaerer
getting confusing now with people applying for BA and MA. dont think anyones heard about the BA yet to be honest!

but theyre taking their time. i had my interview 6 weeks ago!!

Wow I bet you are going craaaaazy!!
Reply 27
erm yep! Its getting really stupid keeping people waiting this long!!
Reply 28
Costaerer, spoke to the main lecturer via email, because of the high demand the points awarding has been raised from 30 to 33? if you understand what this means let me know! Apparently decisions should be made end of this week and next week so keep your eyes peeled on ucas :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by lc1975
Costaerer, spoke to the main lecturer via email, because of the high demand the points awarding has been raised from 30 to 33? if you understand what this means let me know! Apparently decisions should be made end of this week and next week so keep your eyes peeled on ucas :smile:

Did they say anything about the MA?
Reply 30
Original post by lc1975

No idea what this means!!!
Reply 31
Original post by MissMoo
Did they say anything about the MA?

no, although to be honest i didnt ask about that, have you tried phoning them?
Reply 32
I did indeed and I have got a place :smile: Just got to wait for my letter, them get my CRB and health check done :biggrin:
Reply 33
wow! congratulations :biggrin: its good they told you over the phone, theyre keeping very schtum on the phone about the BA :frown: so frustrating. 7 weeks since interview and counting...
Reply 34
argh, this is my only option as well. mmu rejected me after interview and ljm rejected me before interview so im sorta relying on salford!!
Reply 35
i only applied to salford and mmu. i got rejected before interview from mmu, so im in the same boat. i have applied for the access course though now at the manchester college as a fallback so if i cant get in this year ill make sure i get in next year! let me know how you get on Costaerer
Reply 36
what qualifications do you have? im doing the access course this yr at manchester college.
Reply 37
i have a levels and up to NVQ 4. im a mature student though at 35, well 36 today actually! i work in the NHS and alongside and assist social workers/psychologists with vulnerable young adults. have had work experience shadowing a psychosocial team in the outback in Oz too, not sure all that is enough though, problem is you cant actually properly work in the social work field unless you have the qualification to do so! what do you have? are you a mature student too? well if neither of us get on will be seeing you at college lol :smile:
Reply 38
do you have a place already on the access course?
Reply 39
ive been doing the access course over the last two years. only got about 4 assignments to go!!
im 22 but classed as a mature student.

mmu said i dont have enough experience to be accepted. well thats what it said on the rejection letter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending