The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can't believe we're already on a new thread!!!! R.I.P Old uni thread!

On a total other note... first week back at uni and not even started studying yet *sigh* When on earth will I learn the lesson!?
Totally watching Toddlers and Tiaras rather than doing anything with my life. I feel just so 'zombified' and glazed over.
Okay so I have an essay due on monday and I'm tidying my room.

Gosh this procrastination will be the death of me.
Reply 23
Why are applications so hard? :frown: I have to write a 500 word essay and yet i have no idea what to write or how i can sell myself.
Reply 24
Exams are over time to sleep and then finish sorting out my room it was a tip but it's slowly coming back to order. Also got loads of things I need to get done which I've been putting off during the exam period.
So I'm trying to do my lab report right now.. and none of it is making any sense whatsoever! My yield is just sooooo odd! :| Now I have no idea what to do!
I have a scary amount to do this week. Going to post in here in the hopes that it'll force me to actually do the work.

By Friday, I must must must:

-Read Foe
-Read Great Expectations
-Read Robinson Crusoe
-Do background reading on all of the above
-Come up with essay topic, get it approved, research it and write it
-Come up with some sort of topic and vague plan for other essay
-Read set poetry for Friday's tutorial
-Actually start working on French rather than constantly putting it off and setting myself up for failure come exam time

Time management tips, anyone?
Reply 27
Room sort of tidied. I went for a lie down and ended up sleeping for about 3 hours.

Plan for tomorrow:

- Sort laundry
- Food shopping
- Do reading
- Go to library and work on essay
- Sort finance for placement year.
(edited 12 years ago)
oooooooh, shiny new thread :biggrin:
Reply 29
New thread :worm2:
I just found £10 laid in the middle of the car park outside my hall!

Epic win :biggrin:!
Reply 31
New thread! Super exciting.

Right, I have an essay due in Wednesday, when I thought it was due in a week from Wednesday. This slightly puts a damper on my mood.
Reply 32
Original post by Choccielatte

Original post by Choccielatte
I just found £10 laid in the middle of the car park outside my hall!

Epic win :biggrin:!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of my friends who dropped it whilst running around on Campus 14 :rofl:
This is the third night in a row that I've done an all-nighter lol :biggrin: Have a 3000 word essay due in tomorrow and I'm at about 1800 so far - want another 900-1000 words before I finish and then edit the whole shebang.

Need to email one of the seminar tutors about that Politics essay feedback. Will do it either later today or tomorrow morning depending on when I've completely finished and edited this assignment.
Reply 34
I have no idea how to begin to write this application or how to start :frown:
Reply 35
I`ve been following the old thread for about a year >_< hope no-one minds me actually joining in this time ^^

My course is Linguistics with Japanese and I`m so excited for semester 2 to start :biggrin: New modules look really interesting.
Reply 36
I think the owner of 'Pop Classics' blog is my second semester lecturer! Her name is the exact same as the name on the blog and they're both covering the same module information.... *_* I follow that blog religiously, oh dear fandom.
Reply 37
Original post by IBzombie
I`ve been following the old thread for about a year >_< hope no-one minds me actually joining in this time ^^

My course is Linguistics with Japanese and I`m so excited for semester 2 to start :biggrin: New modules look really interesting.

Welcome! I'm trying to learn Japanese too... any tips for starting out? :colondollar:
Reply 38
Original post by IBzombie

Of course not. All uni students welcome.

Your 2nd semester starts late. A lot of unis seemed to start last week or the week before.
My second semester doesn't start til tomorrow. *sigh*

Latest