The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by magdaplaysbass
okay - thanks :smile: how long did it take for them to send the certificates back? just because I need to send the certificates to another uni...

They came back a week later.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Perhaps we should all consider writing a letter of rejection for Imperial. LOL
Original post by Zottula
They came back a week later.

Original post by AAD
question: when is the deadline for giving offres? because im running out of patience already :s

I recently had a Interview for EEE and in the induction they mentioned that 26th March was the last date to send of any offers. I'm not sure about other departing, guessing it'll be the same.
Original post by Beth1234
G103 MMath... how about you?

im applying to msc in environmental engineering and sustainable development.. well i didnt get anything as for now so im considering that a rejection :frown:
Original post by singh224
I recently had a Interview for EEE and in the induction they mentioned that 26th March was the last date to send of any offers. I'm not sure about other departing, guessing it'll be the same.

m in the same department .. so if they didnt reply today, it means that i am rejected.. but shouldnt them at least send rejections?
Original post by AUBstudent
m in the same department .. so if they didnt reply today, it means that i am rejected.. but shouldnt them at least send rejections?

they'll probably send the result tonight.. as I got my offer at like 10:30 pm... soo Good luck :smile:
Reply 3147
Original post by AUBstudent
im applying to msc in environmental engineering and sustainable development.. well i didnt get anything as for now so im considering that a rejection :frown:

I wouldn't be too disheartened... If they'd decided to reject you, then they'd probably have done so a while ago. Chances are they're still considering you :smile:
just got my offer....A*Aa :yawn: they took their time
Reply 3149
anyone got an offer from math department
I still havent
should consider it as rejection?
Original post by h850925
anyone got an offer from math department
I still havent
should consider it as rejection?

I'm in the same position -.-
Is it possible to defer an offer from imperial for a year?
Original post by angelicsuccubus
Is it possible to defer an offer from imperial for a year?

I assume so since they accepted my application as deferred, but it will probably depend on the department. You're better off contacting the admissions guys and asking them :smile:
I received an offer for computing from IC in december but I soon realised (mostly thanks to the interview lol) that this wasn't the right subject for me. Do you think I could send an email to switch this course for another one (I'm considering mathematics with statistics for finance) Also, my PS has a strong emphasis on management/business...could it help for my switch ? oh and to which email address should I send this email ? Thankss
Hello everybody!

I've been offered an interview for a PhD at Imperial. It's the first time I will have this type of interviews, can anybody give me some recommendations/advice?

Thank you!
Original post by clara.aranda
Hello everybody!

I've been offered an interview for a PhD at Imperial. It's the first time I will have this type of interviews, can anybody give me some recommendations/advice?

Thank you!

the purpose of this thread was to actually get advice/recommendations from people like urself. but if it helps, remember to have ur breakfast and just relax. uve got this far, it means they really like ur academia. just trust urself and answer their questions with confidence. read ur application statement and why u want to do the Phd thoroughly bcoz chances are that will be ur first question. the rest will follow.
what is ur phd in.?
Original post by iluvmaths
what is ur phd in.?

Well, you will not believe it but to be honest I don't know the "official" name of the PhD. It is at the Institutefor Global Health Innovation. There is little information on the website, and I wrote a proposal on a topic I am interested on but is not 100% related to what is described on the website. I am happy to know that I got an offer for an interview, but I have no idea what they will ask. Even if the ask me something like "what research methods would you use", I mean, that's what I want to learn! So I am a bit worried about it! :redface:
Well, you will not believe it but to be honest I don't know the "official" name of the PhD. It is at the Institutefor Global Health Innovation. There is little information on the website, and I wrote a proposal on a topic I am interested on but is not 100% related to what is described on the website. I am happy to know that I got an offer for an interview, but I have no idea what they will ask. Even if the ask me something like "what research methods would you use", I mean, that's what I want to learn! So I am a bit worried about it! :redface:

i'll tell you something my chem teacher told me. he has a Phd and his research was in bacteria and diseases in milk and how these diseases can be eliminated without inducing impurities in the sample of milk. i think you may be doing something related to that. (it was about health) he said that being calm, and KNOWING why u want to do a Phd in a certain area is the reason why you get chosen for the course. if u are firm on ur area and can show that you will help contribute to the world, you should be fine. the other technical stuff im unaware of.
Reply 3159

During a group lunch, we ended up working through what we would look for in a possible PhD student - it was quite interesting.

I never had an interview, as I knew the group from a previous UROP, so I'm no use for first-hand experience.

You'll be expected to go through the usual "Why do a PhD?" "Why come to me/Imperial?" "Why do you want to become a world-class expert in this one specific subject?" which you should be able to get through without a problem.

As a PhD is much more about independent study, and not cramming for exams, your interviewers will probably get you to talk about what you know in the prospective field already, and probably not ask you a lot of questions relating to your undergrad/masters.

One of the clusters of reasons we came across, for PhD interviews, was based around the fact that you can't convey everything through text - meeting someone is a much better way of understanding how they'll react to the stresses of a PhD.
It may be that you look great on paper, and they just want to meet you face-to-face to make sure that you're as normal as normal can be (to Imperial standards, at least :biggrin:).

Sorry I'm not of much help.

Good luck with your interview!

Latest

Trending

Trending