The Student Room Group

To those who haven't started revising yet.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Contrad!ction.
I'm still about half way through teaching myself FP3, haven't started any revision yet. Only done one chapter of the 6 in S4, might not do the exam. I don't actually need it anyway, it's my 15th maths module.

C1, C4, FP2, FP3, S4, M2, G495 are the exams I'm taking.

C1? Are you resitting?
Original post by When you see it...
C1? Are you resitting?

Yeah, my head of maths and I agree I underperformed and he's agreed to re-enter me. I'll need to get used to not relying on my calculator for uni :tongue:
Yeah, my head of maths and I agree I underperformed and he's agreed to re-enter me. I'll need to get used to not relying on my calculator for uni :tongue:

You're not allowed a calculator at uni? I assume you are studying maths.
Original post by When you see it...
You're not allowed a calculator at uni? I assume you are studying maths.

It's not that, I just seem to rely too much on my calculator for little things, my multiplication's atrocious and I tend to just type stuff in instead of thinking about it.

Stuff like 7x8 takes me too long :tongue:
Reply 64
Got an Art coursework deadline on the 27th April which I'm way behind schedule for so I won't even be looking at revision until then. Bright side is I only have 2 exams (Physics and English Lit.) and they're not until June so I have a month to focus on nailing those 2. Lets hope it pays off :tongue:
Reply 65
I do about 2 hours a day and have six examx, C1,C2,S1,Accounting ACCN2, Business BOS3 and ICT Applied exam!
Damn i am so dead....:eek:
Reply 66
Original post by ROYP
Idiot as in, it would take an idiot to read 'You gon' fail' and conclude that I can't spell

To be honest, if that is your argument as to why i'm an idiot, then i think it is you who is an idiot for writing 'You gon' fail' in the first place. Very bad grammar and spelling.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm still about half way through teaching myself FP3, haven't started any revision yet. Only done one chapter of the 6 in S4, might not do the exam. I don't actually need it anyway, it's my 15th maths module.

C1, C4, FP2, FP3, S4, M2, G495 are the exams I'm taking.

Good god. :gasp:

I struggled with C4 for months last year, I envy your maths skills. That's dedication.
Reply 68
I never understood why people start so early. Two weeks before your first exam is more then enough time.
Reply 69
Original post by Kravez
Just curious to see if I am the only one or not. I have a grand total of eight exams starting on the 15th of May. I also have to self teach two units before then which I have never looked at before.

Anyone else who hasn't started yet? (motivation seems to be my problem, not the difficulty of the work itself)

I've done a few bits & pieces but not really. I was feeling completely exhausted & couldn't stop crying at the start of the week, and now I have family staying. Hoping to make up for it after Tuesday! I'm really hoping for good UMS.

Original post by ROYP
You gon' fail

What about I pm you my results in August and we'll see :smile:
Original post by gernumblies
Good god. :gasp:

I struggled with C4 for months last year, I envy your maths skills. That's dedication.

Maths (6), Further Maths (6), +3 self taught units (S3, FP3 and S4)

The way FP3's going, I'm worrying about my maths skills. Anything involving visualisation and I'm struggling. :s-smilie:

I'm sure you're much better than me at other stuff though (judging by Vet Med, you definitely are :tongue:)
Reply 71
Original post by Ronove
Do NOT refer to writers by their first names! Everrrrrr! :eek: The god of academic writing will strike you down...

I didn't... Wilfred OWEN, Seamus HEANEY ... Oleanna is a play and The Great Gatsby is a novel. :smile: lol
Reply 72
Original post by ElizM_94
I didn't... Wilfred OWEN, Seamus HEANEY ... Oleanna is a play and The Great Gatsby is a novel. :smile: lol

Oh, thought you were talking about the Owen Sheers fellow, my bad! :redface: :tongue:

Edit: And I did A-level English Lit so I'm not a clueless numpty (though Oleanna I have never heard of).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by Ronove
Oh, thought you were talking about the Owen Sheers fellow, my bad! :redface: :tongue:

Edit: And I did A-level English Lit so I'm not a clueless numpty (though Oleanna I have never heard of).

Ah lol Owen Sheers is quite hot actually LOL. Random I know.
Ah are you at uni now?
Oleanna is worth reading if you've got any spare time lol it's a very frustrating play I must admit but I quite enjoyed it. Quick read.
Maths (6), Further Maths (6), +3 self taught units (S3, FP3 and S4)

The way FP3's going, I'm worrying about my maths skills. Anything involving visualisation and I'm struggling. :s-smilie:

I'm sure you're much better than me at other stuff though (judging by Vet Med, you definitely are :tongue:)

No word of a lie, I didn't get integration until three days before the exam. It just didn't make sense to me.

I spent the whole of Year 13 wishing I'd done English instead. :tongue:

Got an A in the end though, and that's what I needed. (But if you put a paper in front of me now and told me I had an hour and a half to get a pass grade, I'd probably cry.)

Biology was more my thing than Maths ever could be. I need obvious practical applications.
Reply 75
Original post by SecretCircus
I need 3 A grades to get into my firm choice university, yet for the past week or so I've been sat here procrastinating and doing anything other than revision.

I don't feel motivated at all which is a bit worrying.

^^ This

I've got 4 exams (3 A2, 1 AS) :frown:
Reply 76
Original post by ElizM_94
Ah lol Owen Sheers is quite hot actually LOL. Random I know.
Ah are you at uni now?
Oleanna is worth reading if you've got any spare time lol it's a very frustrating play I must admit but I quite enjoyed it. Quick read.

I spent several years at uni studying languages, should be in my final year right now but decided I didn't want to go back (I dropped down to one language during my year abroad so I could stay in that country longer and then decided I didn't want to be forced to study and graduate in only that language this year). Right now I'm on a kind of gap year and preparing to emigrate to Denmark, where I hope to study Medicine, hence the A-level Maths (weirdly you need Maths and Physics together with Chem or Biotech to study Medicine in Denmark).
Reply 77
Original post by Ronove
I spent several years at uni studying languages, should be in my final year right now but decided I didn't want to go back (I dropped down to one language during my year abroad so I could stay in that country longer and then decided I didn't want to be forced to study and graduate in only that language this year). Right now I'm on a kind of gap year and preparing to emigrate to Denmark, where I hope to study Medicine, hence the A-level Maths (weirdly you need Maths and Physics together with Chem or Biotech to study Medicine in Denmark).

Ah serious? That's really intriguing. So are you British/english or are you actually from Denmark?
lol That is odd that they require maths but maybe because of the complex problem solving nature of the subject? lol
Reply 78
Original post by Kalliope

What about I pm you my results in August and we'll see :smile:

Go for it

Original post by Fward
To be honest, if that is your argument as to why i'm an idiot, then i think it is you who is an idiot for writing 'You gon' fail' in the first place. Very bad grammar and spelling.

Staggering.
Thank God! It's not just me. I have four exams, starting on the 14th of May, although it's 5 papers in total. I've got an unconditional so I have no motivation, it's embarrassing. I've also got two investigations to write up in the next week. This week I've pretty much just watched films, haven't even opened a textbook. Cramming needs to be done.

Quick Reply

Latest