Medicine 2012 hopeful entrants II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vulpes
:tongue:

My exams are for getting into my SECOND year of med school. :colondollar:

Oooooh right haha, well good luck for those :biggrin:
Reply 5461
Hi everyone,

Although I didn't get any offers for medicine, I did get two offers for medical sciences at Edinburgh (B100) and Newcastle (B902). I was wondering, which university is better in your opinion?

Thanks, and congratulations to anyone who has an offer.
Original post by HishamG
Hi everyone,

Although I didn't get any offers for medicine, I did get two offers for medical sciences at Edinburgh (B100) and Newcastle (B902). I was wondering, which university is better in your opinion?

Thanks, and congratulations to anyone who has an offer.

Depends what you're looking for, I know nothing about the courses but I'd choose Newcastle over Edinburgh since I prefer the city, but Edinburgh is probably more prestigious, if that's a factor you're considering.
Reply 5463
Original post by Vulpes

Though tbf, I'm freaking out about exams atm.

Rep for Hobbes!
can anybody recommend to me a decent text-to-speech thingy? all the ones ive found are horrific, they cant pronounce the words right, or understand punctuation, but i'd like to have my essays and essay plans in speech form so i can listen to them when i'm travelling :smile:
Original post by laurie:)
can anybody recommend to me a decent text-to-speech thingy? all the ones ive found are horrific, they cant pronounce the words right, or understand punctuation, but i'd like to have my essays and essay plans in speech form so i can listen to them when i'm travelling :smile:

This is one my Spanish teacher recommended to the class: http://www.robobraille.org/frontpage
I've only tried it out once and it seems to pronounce words fairly well. The speech is just a little disjointed, but that's understandable. I hope it's at least some use to you.

As opposed to music? :lolwut:
Reply 5467
DONE IB. :biggrin:

Graduation in 2 days, so excited.

(hope people remember me). :ninja:

ALL THE BEST FOR A-LEVEL EXAMS. :biggrin:
Reply 5468
Original post by ViceVersa
As opposed to music? :lolwut:

Hey you :smile:
Original post by apple17
Hey you :smile:

YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK! :woo: :woo: :woo:
Reply 5470
YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK! :woo: :woo: :woo:

I know. after 100 hours of lost sleep, came out alive. :biggrin:.

How are you? :smile:
Reply 5471

:hi:

I is back. :biggrin:
Hopefully, all is going well. Just saw that u firmed St.A's. :eek4:
Original post by apple17
I know. after 100 hours of lost sleep, came out alive. :biggrin:.

How are you? :smile:

So they went well then? :smile:

I'm really good thanks! How's you? :h:
Reply 5473
So they went well then? :smile:

I'm really good thanks! How's you? :h:

Nah, except for biology, everything was pre much brutal. Not sure if that is the actual feeling/paranoia or pressure of doing well. just trying to resin myself to a canadian uni to avoid disappointment on result day. :cry2:

Yay! awesome to hear that. :woo: At the moment awfully tired but its officially summer 2012, the one summer I have been waiting for so prepped up for grad this thursday and then lounging around with books and TV. :biggrin:
Original post by apple17
Nah, except for biology, everything was pre much brutal. Not sure if that is the actual feeling/paranoia or pressure of doing well. just trying to resin myself to a canadian uni to avoid disappointment on result day. :cry2:

Yay! awesome to hear that. :woo: At the moment awfully tired but its officially summer 2012, the one summer I have been waiting for so prepped up for grad this thursday and then lounging around with books and TV. :biggrin:

Oh hun :frown: :console: If have confidence in you though.

Reply 5475
Oh hun :frown: :console: If have confidence in you though.

Thank you. :jumphug: How are A2 exams going, i think you had 4/5 exams?

Definitely, putting off all celebrations till I sleep. :lol:
Original post by apple17
Thank you. :jumphug: How are A2 exams going, i think you had 4/5 exams?

Definitely, putting off all celebrations till I sleep. :lol:

:hugs: and not started them yet, but trying to get used to the idea of failing :sigh:

Good! :laugh:
Reply 5477
:hugs: and not started them yet, but trying to get used to the idea of failing :sigh:

Good! :laugh:

shush you, I am sure you will do awesome and I am guessing you have some room to make mistakes seeing that I know one guy who only needs a high D to get an A overall. All the best, so confused as I saw some A level threads circulating around. :sigh:

Ohh, and you firmed barts! Congrats. :party:
Reply 5478
Original post by apple17
DONE IB. :biggrin:

Graduation in 2 days, so excited.

(hope people remember me). :ninja:

ALL THE BEST FOR A-LEVEL EXAMS. :biggrin:

Hey, how did they go? :smile: Congrats on graduating :smile:
Reply 5479
Original post by Revent
Hey, how did they go? :smile: Congrats on graduating :smile:

Hey you. :smile: Missed you.

THANK YOU. :biggrin: The official ceremony is in 2 days.

Except for bio, everything was brutal. I am thinking its either due to really high expectations/paranoia or it was actually horrible. :cry2:

Hows revision going?

Quick Reply

Latest