The Student Room Group

Sociology Basics Exam (Unit 1) 19th June OCR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jack Xerxes
I did all of the small questions first ans left question 5 and 9 for last; it was all going well until i left only 4 minutes for question nine and wrote only 2 things for "For" and one line for against... I think i did well on 5 though .... Anyone forget what to put for the queen and katie price picture? I realised it was achieved and ascribes AFTER THE EXAM!! :'(

That was easy. I only did terrible on the 2nd paper that i did :frown:
Reply 21
Original post by Freddy-Francis
That was easy. I only did terrible on the 2nd paper that i did :frown:

For the Katie Price/Queen answer. What order was it. I put Ascribed (as I think the Queen was source C) then Achieved (as Katie Price was source D). But I've got a feeling it was the other way around.

Also, for the second exam, for the first question, I wrote that the girl had been taught the female role was to do chores such as cooking and cleaning, is that an alright answer/
Original post by Kwaku_96
For the Katie Price/Queen answer. What order was it. I put Ascribed (as I think the Queen was source C) then Achieved (as Katie Price was source D). But I've got a feeling it was the other way around.

Also, for the second exam, for the first question, I wrote that the girl had been taught the female role was to do chores such as cooking and cleaning, is that an alright answer/

YOu will get marks.. I put for the 2nd one that they play with dolls while boys play with cars
We never had the second exam lol :/
Reply 24
Original post by Freddy-Francis
It is newspaper or newspaper article. They will accept both xD
And according to last years mark scheme they will accept media materials

For the prisoners POV, I wrote diary/qualititative data. For the other question, I wrote that prison was boring and that's why he disliked it so much.
Reply 25
Original post by Jack Xerxes
I did all of the small questions first ans left question 5 and 9 for last; it was all going well until i left only 4 minutes for question nine and wrote only 2 things for "For" and one line for against... I think i did well on 5 though .... Anyone forget what to put for the queen and katie price picture? I realised it was achieved and ascribes AFTER THE EXAM!! :'(

Yeah i'm in the same predicament, that really ticked me off! personally I don't think katie price has achieved anything!
Reply 26
Original post by aeodiakosa
Yeah i'm in the same predicament, that really ticked me off! personally I don't think katie price has achieved anything!

For that question, was the Queen the first part of the question and Katie Price the second part of question.

So, for example:

What status does Source C (Queen) have? - Ascribed

What status does Source D (Katie Price) have? - Achieved

Just want to double check.
Reply 27
Original post by jack xerxes
we never had the second exam lol :/

*air high five*
Original post by Kwaku_96
For that question, was the Queen the first part of the question and Katie Price the second part of question.

So, for example:

What status does Source C (Queen) have? - Ascribed

What status does Source D (Katie Price) have? - Achieved

Just want to double check.

Thats right.. Well thats what i put :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending