The Student Room Group

Forever 21 Group Interview!

Help!!!! I have been called to go to a group interview, next Monday. I think the interview is in the store (Oxford Street) I'm not sure. How will it go? What do I wear? What do I say! HELP ME! I am 18 years old, unemployed. I need this JOB!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tell Them "put your hands up for detriot"
Reply 2
Original post by Abassk
Tell Them "put your hands up for detriot"

Loool Thanks, I needed that :smile:
Reply 3
Good luck! First of all, relax! Retail stores will often hire those who are unemployed, especially because it means they can train them in to act exactly how they want them to act, not how they were trained by other stores. Make sure you're incredibly out-going and friendly. Dress in Forever 21 clothes if you can - don't go too simply, but don't be a fashion victim either. A good thing to wear is a dress with tights and brogues, or shorts and tights with a top. Do NOT wear a suit or anything like that, your pieces of clothing don't really matter but just make sure they're trend-aware and fashionable, not stuffy or too conservative, Forever 21 clothes are all about affordable, trendy pieces you WANT to wear.

Seeing as how it's a group interview, they will need to notice you (for the right reasons), so try to just talk as much as you can and say things that the others haven't already said - but don't try talk them down either.

You'll likely be asked questions like - who is a fashion icon you look up to and why? What was something you noticed from the Forever 21 store you recently visited? What are the qualities of a good sales associate?

At some point, they're likely to ask you what you know about the store. Try to provide a little more unusual details - things like who set it up (Changs), brands within the store, etc.

They'll want you to be bubbly and happy. Be professional, obviously, but don't be boring or guarded. Top tip - no matter WHAT you do, bring it back to customer service, it is ALL they care about. If they give you scenarios about something happening in the shop, make sure you prioritise the customer and providing excellent customer service. Say how much you love the idea of bringing american style customer service to the UK, and how that's something different the store does over its competitors. I cannot stress this enough! They have an acronym for FOREVER which is to do with customer service - make sure you're giving the customer as best an experience as possible, while trying to sell more for the company (for example, if you help a customer pick out jeans, then also suggest a top that would look great with it. If they're looking at lingerie, make sure they know about the lingerie promotions they have on an ongoing basis)

How do I know exactly what they want? I'll leave it to you to guess :wink:

EDITING FOR OUTFIT EXAMPLES:
http://www.forever21.com/images/model_front/00048354-02.jpg this dress, with black tights and brogues.

http://www.forever21.com/EU/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=top_blouse_shirts&ProductID=2019572268&VariantID= this blouse, with black ankle skinny jeans and pumps
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Jessticles
Good luck! First of all, relax! Retail stores will often hire those who are unemployed, especially because it means they can train them in to act exactly how they want them to act, not how they were trained by other stores. Make sure you're incredibly out-going and friendly. Dress in Forever 21 clothes if you can - don't go too simply, but don't be a fashion victim either. A good thing to wear is a dress with tights and brogues, or shorts and tights with a top. Do NOT wear a suit or anything like that, your pieces of clothing don't really matter but just make sure they're trend-aware and fashionable, not stuffy or too conservative, Forever 21 clothes are all about affordable, trendy pieces you WANT to wear.

Seeing as how it's a group interview, they will need to notice you (for the right reasons), so try to just talk as much as you can and say things that the others haven't already said - but don't try talk them down either.

You'll likely be asked questions like - who is a fashion icon you look up to and why? What was something you noticed from the Forever 21 store you recently visited? What are the qualities of a good sales associate?

At some point, they're likely to ask you what you know about the store. Try to provide a little more unusual details - things like who set it up (Changs), brands within the store, etc.

They'll want you to be bubbly and happy. Be professional, obviously, but don't be boring or guarded. Top tip - no matter WHAT you do, bring it back to customer service, it is ALL they care about. If they give you scenarios about something happening in the shop, make sure you prioritise the customer and providing excellent customer service. Say how much you love the idea of bringing american style customer service to the UK, and how that's something different the store does over its competitors. I cannot stress this enough! They have an acronym for FOREVER which is to do with customer service - make sure you're giving the customer as best an experience as possible, while trying to sell more for the company (for example, if you help a customer pick out jeans, then also suggest a top that would look great with it. If they're looking at lingerie, make sure they know about the lingerie promotions they have on an ongoing basis)

http://www.forever21.com/images/model_front/00048354-02.jpg this dress, with black tights and brogues.

http://www.forever21.com/EU/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=top_blouse_shirts&ProductID=2019572268&VariantID= this blouse, with black ankle skinny jeans and pumps

Thank you soo much. You have helped me a lot!
Reply 5
How do you know this btw?
Reply 6

OMG, Thank God for this forum and this message! You have helped me soo much. I was myself. It seemed they loved my personality and offered me a job! My first job, well proper one! And it is in Oxford Street! WOO ... So easy to get to aswell, Forever 21 is right opposite Bond Street Tube Station :smile: It is soo comforting, being well prepared and informed. THANK YOU!
Reply 7
Original post by JShelley10
Help!!!! I have been called to go to a group interview, next Monday. I think the interview is in the store (Oxford Street) I'm not sure. How will it go? What do I wear? What do I say! HELP ME! I am 18 years old, unemployed. I need this JOB!

May I ask how did you apply for the job?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8
How did you apply for the job ? was it online :O

Anyways good luck !
Reply 9
Original post by VanessaXD
How did you apply for the job ? was it online :O

Anyways good luck !

Original post by Swindon
May I ask how did you apply for the job?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hey Guys, I got the job btw! I only have charity shop experience as well ... so I was well lucky. I applied with a CV and sent it to [email protected]. Hope this helps! If you want to know what the process is like please write back to me!
Reply 10
Hey Guys, I got the job btw! I only have charity shop experience as well ... so I was well lucky. I applied with a CV and sent it to [email protected]. Hope this helps! If you want to know what the process is like please write back to me!

Thank you very much! And well done on getting the job :biggrin: How was the interview process? And what is the pay like there?
OMG, Thank God for this forum and this message! You have helped me soo much. I was myself. It seemed they loved my personality and offered me a job! My first job, well proper one! And it is in Oxford Street! WOO ... So easy to get to aswell, Forever 21 is right opposite Bond Street Tube Station :smile: It is soo comforting, being well prepared and informed. THANK YOU!

You're welcome. I was there when they were training the managers of Oxford Street so... it's safe to say I know what I'm saying. And charity shop experience is actually all that I had as well when I was hired. Congratulations, it's a great place to work - the pay is the best in retail, at least it is in Dublin. Be prepared for absolute crazyness come Christmas! :wink:

also you will likely be on probation for 3 months and they WILL be watching you. Listen to everything they say during your induction and remember my original post if you're ever having doubts. Enjoy your new job and again, congratulations!

How did the interview actually go?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
You're welcome. I was there when they were training the managers of Oxford Street so... it's safe to say I know what I'm saying. And charity shop experience is actually all that I had as well when I was hired. Congratulations, it's a great place to work - the pay is the best in retail, at least it is in Dublin. Be prepared for absolute crazyness come Christmas! :wink:

also you will likely be on probation for 3 months and they WILL be watching you. Listen to everything they say during your induction and remember my original post if you're ever having doubts. Enjoy your new job and again, congratulations!

How did the interview actually go?

Thank you again, I start on the 5th as a Cashier. Got paid for the induction process as well. Not too bad. It went really well, I knew a lot about the store and the background of it. I said how it's all about customer service for, which it is!!! I got my lanyard today, I am hoping I won't get fired though in the probation period. :frown: I'm quite scared of that.
Reply 13
Original post by Swindon
Thank you very much! And well done on getting the job :biggrin: How was the interview process? And what is the pay like there?

Hiya, well there were 3 stages to the process. It varies sometimes, depending on which store it is.

1st Stage - The Ice Breaker, Getting to know your personality. Give three facts and one has to be a lie! They went round the room, asking the group of about 15 to 20 people, what are your three facts?

2nd Stage - Selling the dress or piece of clothing and having good customer service. Display your knowledge about what is in!

Then they went outside to talk for like forever ...

They came back in read a list of names and asked those people to walk outside for a minute. Whoever was left was onto the next round.

3rd Stage - One to one interview, Why F21? Why should we hire you? ... They also asked me what kind of animal would you be? LOL

And that was it! The induction was 4 hours long, and I did pay attention but I hope that my memory does not fail me lol.

And you get paid 7.50 an hour.
Hi! :-)

I had my telephone interview last week & I've been invited to an 'induction' tomorrow...

I'm not sure what it involves as I thought you have an induction when you get the job?

Can anyone help please!

Thank you xxxxxxx

Hey! thank you so much!

But what did you email them, just your CV?
Reply 16
Hiya, well there were 3 stages to the process. It varies sometimes, depending on which store it is.

1st Stage - The Ice Breaker, Getting to know your personality. Give three facts and one has to be a lie! They went round the room, asking the group of about 15 to 20 people, what are your three facts?

2nd Stage - Selling the dress or piece of clothing and having good customer service. Display your knowledge about what is in!

Then they went outside to talk for like forever ...

They came back in read a list of names and asked those people to walk outside for a minute. Whoever was left was onto the next round.

3rd Stage - One to one interview, Why F21? Why should we hire you? ... They also asked me what kind of animal would you be? LOL

And that was it! The induction was 4 hours long, and I did pay attention but I hope that my memory does not fail me lol.

And you get paid 7.50 an hour.

Thank you for all the info, it helped a lot! I have my interview on Sunday :smile:
I just wanted to know what much discount do employees get there?
Reply 17
Hi I was wondering how did you know about the job and where did you get their email from? I was thinking if applying of another store elsewhere. Thanks.
Reply 18
Original post by Steffzz
Hi I was wondering how did you know about the job and where did you get their email from? I was thinking if applying of another store elsewhere. Thanks.

Hey, I used the email that JShelly10 sent me to apply for the Oxford street store. When looking on the website I couldn't find any vacancies, so in my cover letter I just stated many hours I am looking for and sent that along with my CV. So for me it was just the off chance that they called me as I forgot about the email I sent to them completely.

See if there is anything on there website, they only have two stores in the UK which is Oxford Street and Stratford. Which one are you looking to apply for?
Original post by Swindon
Hey, I used the email that JShelly10 sent me to apply for the Oxford street store. When looking on the website I couldn't find any vacancies, so in my cover letter I just stated many hours I am looking for and sent that along with my CV. So for me it was just the off chance that they called me as I forgot about the email I sent to them completely.

See if there is anything on there website, they only have two stores in the UK which is Oxford Street and Stratford. Which one are you looking to apply for?

There is a forever21 in Birmingham (bullring) too :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending