The Student Room Group

Orthodontics messed up! What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by fnm
How old are you? If you're 18 it's fine. I got mine when I was 18 in the last few months of sixth form...my ortho kept asking are you sue you want them even when at uni, i said of course. well worth it. good luck.

I'm 19.
Brace yourself!
Reply 22
Just to update and close this thread, I went back to my orthodontist and I'm having braces again for a fixed price of 200 pounds under the NHS because I qualify under band three and four. Mainly due to the fact he was meant to put on the bottom brace and didn't and a life time retainer was supposed to be fitted too and it wasn't - which I had no idea about. I believe I'm having them fitted around september/october time for a period of 12 to 16 months.

Thanks to everyone who answered this thread.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by SugarPuddle
Just to update and close this thread, I went back to my orthodontist and I'm having braces again for a fixed price of 200 pounds under the NHS because I qualify under band three and four. Mainly due to the fact he was meant to put on the bottom brace and didn't and a life time retainer was supposed to be fitted too and it wasn't - which I had no idea about. I believe I'm having them fitted around september/october time for a period of 12 to 16 months.

Awesome:biggrin:
Without being too patronizing...make sure you wear your elastics and retainer when you should:wink:
Any other orthodontist would of fixed it on no matter what.

Nope, on a 14 year old that would be assault.
Original post by digitalis
His laziness and mistakes? Sounds to me you are just bitter about your own teeth and are taking it out on him mate.

Teeth move. Your face and jaw develops as you grow older and most orthodontic treatment isn't permanent.

He asked you what you wanted, your mother was present and you refused. What did you expect him to do? Get out a G clamp and clamp open your mouth and fit the lower set? :s-smilie:

What do you mean you can't save because you are going to university? Get a part time job! Work in your holidays! That's a ridiculous thing to say.

You're just as poisonous as your name! Have you ever had orthodontic treatment or had to go though that stress. Be ashamed of yourself and realise that if you have no kind words or helpful comments, don't post silly things! This forum isn't a place for you to take out your bitterness on others, and before you comment on things, make sure that you know what you're saying and that you're not belittling or hurting anyone. With that attitude to people- good luck!

That's great! I've just got my braces removed 10 days ago after 2 years and my teeth are great. As I'm sure you know it takes a lot of effort but I hope it went well.

My retainer only arrived yesterday and is awful, it doesn't fit AT ALL and I don't know what to do. It isn't aligned to my teeth and hurts doesn't even fit over my teeth. If you have any insight, I'd really appreciate it!
My journey with braces went from 'nice overbite' to a 'ugly underbite' in a long 5 years. My teeth were always staight and I was always complemented about them before I had braces...
I have had a brace on the back for 2 years and it was made wrong the orthodontist has admitted the company was in fault and they made the brace wrong. They took the brace off then refitted a new one. And I ask for compensation. And I got offered £120z the brace nearly come £3000. What should I do? I'm so upset.

Quick Reply

Latest