Scroll to see replies

kestral
:hugs: lucky!
3 more exams to go!

:hugs:

Good Luck!!
:wavey:

hello :smile:
:O a harry potter society!? im in heaven.
lol hey everyone, completely hp mad, so thought i'd say hi =]
A month to go woo can't wait.
I hate this finishing early thing, no-one's on TSR!! :p:
42 days to go!!! :wizard2:
harry potter= life
liked it since we got read it [ironically, by a teacher i positively despised] in year 3 :smile:
Reply 227
Hi everyone, just popping in to let you know I joined :smile:

Looking forward to talking rubbish with you! (And crying about how bad HBP when it comes out ^_^)
Hey, new soc member, but very old HP fan!

I'd like to go in:

... as I have been sorted into this house by lots of quizzes (yes I used to have free time! :eek: )!

To Study (can I do this many? Time Turner may be required - lol):

DADA - would be amazing
Transfiguration - ummm interesting
Herbology - enjoy science based subjects
Arithmancy - enjoys maths
Potions - yay
Astronomy
Charms
Ancient Runes - since I am rubbish at normal languages, I'd like to hope I would be able to at least get an A (acceptable)!
Care of Magical Creatures - I love dragons :love:

And just to contribute to discussion/soc:

Before LV commited any murders, he had one complete soul. So, when he killed for the first time, how did his soul know in what proportion to split? It would have split in half, because it (the soul) would not have know that LV was to create more murders, thus spliting the soul even more.There would now be half of the soul in the diary, and half in LV's body.

So when LV killed a secound time, he would have had to have split the half piece of soul that was in his body in half leaving the second horcrux with a quarter piece of soul, and LV's body with a quater. This would keep going for all the horcruxes that he made, and with each one, LV would have less and less soul remaining in his body. This would explain why he looked less and less like a human over the years - as was said in one of the earlier books.

Therefore, the first horcrux was more powerful than the second, the second more so than the third, and so on, until you get down to the piece that was in his body - which would now be the smallest part. So was his soul really different strengths?

Therefore when the diary possessed Ginny in CoS, she was being possessed by the strongest piece of LV's soul that was alive. And the second horocrux the ring (I think) would be the next strongest, and so on.

I think it went: Tom Riddle's Diary, Ring (aka The Resurection Stone), Slytherin's Locket, Huffelpuff's Cup, Ravenclaw's Diadem, Harry Potter, Nagini the snake, then LV himself.

This means that as the horcruxes are varing in strength, then some will be harder to kill than others. Is this why DD went after the ring first, then the locket? Because these would be the hardest to destroy as they had the highest proportion of soul left in them. Presuming they were created in that order. I think they must have been.

If you have read this and understood what I'm getting at, then well done - you are probably in the minority.

Does this mean the books have a huge flaw in them? :eek:
Anyone in here near dublin?

I don't like Harry Potter, but i have free tickets to the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Tour (“Event&#8221:wink: on thursday, Liffey Valley Shopping Centre... wondered if anyone would like these?
Reply 230
Hi,

I'm new and I'd like to go in here:

It is simply the best house for me. :woo:

The subjects I chose are the following,

Charms
History of Magic
Transfiguration
DADA
Arithmancy
Ancient Runes

All of them are very interesting and fascinating. :yep:

I have been a fan for many years. It's a shame that when the films are over as well there won't be anything new coming any more. :eek:
oooooooooooooo new members!!! :teeth:

But no hufflepuffians :sad:

Everyone wants gryffindor, hufflepuff is very under-represented :puppyeyes:
HAI GUISE can I join?

Griffindor.

Defence Against The Dark Arts
Charms
Herbology
Transfiguration
Care of Magical Creatures

Kthnx
Reply 233
Magickal_Faerie
oooooooooooooo new members!!!

But no hufflepuffians

Everyone wants gryffindor, hufflepuff is very under-represented
It's because Gryffindor is better.

Maybe you should start taking entry forms and evaluating applicants properly?

Is this a good time to ask if there is a position open for me yet? I'd like to have a go at teaching :smile:.
I have one spare ticket (admits two) for this monday, for the harry potter tour, in Lewisham London.
Tootles
It's because Gryffindor is better.

Maybe you should start taking entry forms and evaluating applicants properly?

Is this a good time to ask if there is a position open for me yet? I'd like to have a go at teaching :smile:.

Gryffindor is not better!! :hmmm:

and in the break between the next Harry Potter film and the last book, I've sort of got used to Twilight as a substitute!!
Reply 236
Magickal_Faerie
Gryffindor is not better!!

I'm sorry you think so :p:.

I still want a job. I haven't got two Knuts to rub together.
Tootles
I'm sorry you think so :p:.

I still want a job. I haven't got two Knuts to rub together.

I'm not sorry I think so :p:

Ah, I've a job till the end of July. then I have to go and grow up and be an adult with a normal, boring job :woo:
:hello:

I've been a fan for years (9 years now, I think) and I'm rereading the books right now and love them more than ever. I'm at my favourite part of POA right now (when they use the Time Turner) and I can't wait to continue reading. The last time I real GOF was quite a while ago as well. :love:

Aaanyway, I think I'd probably be in Ravenclaw (I hope at least :o: if not that then Huffelpuff) Hufflepuff it is, then! :awesome:

Subjects I'd like:
DADA
Charms
Transfiguration
Potions (yes, seriously)
probably Arithmancy
aaand (just pretending I'm not a Muggle) Muggle Studies

Do I still have to send a PM? I already joined the soc :dontknow:

Edited: I guess I'll go for Hufflepuff, if even fb says so :p:
Reply 239
Good on you for taking potions :jumphug:

Quick Reply