The Student Room Group

Girls, have you rejected a guy who approached you, only to regret it later?

Quick question for the ladies here. Have you ever been approached by a guy and you rejected him, only to regret it later that day or some time afterward? Say you were attracted to the guy, but you just 'rejected' him because you were in a hurry or in a bad mood or his approach took you by surprise or something....and you didn't exchange numbers, so you have no way to get in touch with him....and then a day or so later you were thinking 'damn, if only I'd got his number/given him my number!'. And then you were kicking yourself and couldn't stop thinking about him.

You ever experienced this?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes. I still remember his face when the elevator was closing, good times. :moon: :love:
Reply 2
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Yes. I still remember his face when the elevator was closing, good times. :moon: :love:

Could you elaborate on what happened? Did he approach you/start a conversation with you? Why did you 'reject' him? How did you feel afterward when you realised you'd never see him again?

Thanks.
Original post by Beadle's About

Original post by Beadle's About
Could you elaborate on what happened? Did he approach you/start a conversation with you? Why did you 'reject' him? How did you feel afterward when you realised you'd never see him again?

Thanks.

He asked me about something while in the elevator and I was grumpy because I think I forgot something and I don't like being bothered when I'm thinking of something so I responded to him with only a yes and no. He asked for my number and I said not right now. So when he was getting off from the elevator I immediately changed my mind and I want his number so I can at least talk to him to say sorry about how I responded to him but it's too late cos the elevator was closing and I couldn't go back because I'm almost late for a meeting and he was on his way to work by the way he is dressed. I wanted to visit him in that building but meeeh...
no.
Never.
Yeah. Someone pulled up next to me in a car and started trying to sweet talk me. He was absolutely lovely but I said no and hurried away because the initial shock of thing I was being kidnapped hadn't gone.
Nah... in general, even if I'm in a bad mood, if someone tries to chat me up I play along a bit if I like the look of them. Usually I meet people when I am a little drunk though so anyone can have my number, even if I later forget what they look like.
That has happened to me, but there's plenty of other guys so I don't beat myself up about it.
Reply 9
A really nice, clever, articulate and good-looking guy in a bar wanted to kiss me but I said no, simply because I didn't want to kiss someone I'd only just met. Whilst he was polite and accepting about it, the embarrassment factor meant I quickly made my excuses when I had to go to my friends, but he said he'd be around when I came back, but then I didn't see him again :frown: I was kicking myself in the weeks afterwards because he seemed like an incredible person but then I was like, no, you were right not to kiss someone you'd only just met, and if he wanted the kiss before he'd even asked for your number, he was probably only after one thing!
Yes, definitely quite a few times when I was younger. Though, I was only aged 13/14 at those times, very young, naive and shy, with zero experience with guys, and it was that sort of age where guys are still quite childish and can joke about when asking you out, so I wasn't sure whether to give in. And then I started fancying some of them some time afterwards :colondollar:, but by that time they acted uninterested :facepalm2:. To this day, I still do not understand guys, at all :sigh:. Nor do I even understand myself sometimes.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Yes. I rejected him because he got one of his mates to ask me out on his behalf. Looking back the next day I felt like I should have been more sympathetic, because he may have just been shy.

I don't regret it now though, there's nothing to be gained from regret.
Reply 12
Yes. :frown:

We went to the same school, we only spoke 1 on 1 a couple of times and very briefly. He approached me at a school party in a club, I couldn't hear a word and it was sooo awkward because I actually did want to talk to him, also I had just got drinks for me and my friends, who was impatiently staring at me for the whole time, so I left. Don't know why, I still regret it 3 years later, I really liked the guy. I also regret never approaching him later at school:facepalm:

Approaching people in clubs sucks:angry:
Reply 13
I've only been blatantly hit on face-to-face twice: once was with a guy who was okay looking but I'm taken so I said I had a boyfriend. I don't regret that 'cause I'm not a cheater. The other time was a guy who must have been at least in his mid-thirties. This was when I was 16 or so, but younger looking. He said I had a lovely smile and asked where I was from and generally tried to hit on me. Needless to say, outside the walls of someone's underground dungeon, do not ****ing regret. :mmm:
Original post by abc101
A really nice, clever, articulate and good-looking guy in a bar wanted to kiss me but I said no, simply because I didn't want to kiss someone I'd only just met. Whilst he was polite and accepting about it, the embarrassment factor meant I quickly made my excuses when I had to go to my friends, but he said he'd be around when I came back, but then I didn't see him again :frown: I was kicking myself in the weeks afterwards because he seemed like an incredible person but then I was like, no, you were right not to kiss someone you'd only just met, and if he wanted the kiss before he'd even asked for your number, he was probably only after one thing!

What's wrong with kissing someone you've just met? You sound quite frigid lol.
Reply 15
Original post by Fragile_Illusions
Yeah. Someone pulled up next to me in a car and started trying to sweet talk me. He was absolutely lovely but I said no and hurried away because the initial shock of thing I was being kidnapped hadn't gone.

Sounds a bit rape-y to me.
Reply 16
bitch I would never such a piece of dumb **** like that
yeahhh i have and regretted it after he stopped speaking to me
Yeah.
no.

Latest

Trending

Trending