The Student Room Group

What's your best charity shop find?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaylafrances
hahaha a cancer research shop

Nice one! :P
Reply 21
Probably a few unworn J-Crew virgin wool jumpers and dior jeans..
In terms of what I bought myself, it's probably the £60 River Island jacket I bought for £7.50. Trying to find an opportunity to wear it on a night out xD

In terms of what I've seen...a £350 silk designer fashion top for £10.
A red Jacques Vert blazer for £2.50
I found Duran duran's last CD (or I think it was their last one) from 2004 for £2.50 earlier! A quite decent price!
Original post by __IWalkTheLine
Hello thrifty folk of TSR :smile:

Today I found this

FCUK dress in the Cancer Research shop for 7 pounds; the website said it should have been £115!

This has inspired me to make this thread. :biggrin: What's the best thing you've ever found in a charity or second-hand shop?

that dress is gorgeous :love: I once found a really nice pair of black high heels for about £3
Reply 26
I think the annoying thing about charity shops is when you find something you would love and dirt cheap, but it's the wrong size.
Original post by Pride
I think the annoying thing about charity shops is when you find something you would love and dirt cheap, but it's the wrong size.

This. :frown: There's only so much I can do with safety pins, haha. :redface:
Don't think I've found anything spectacular, but I've found a few nice jumpers and tops over the years.
Reply 29
A full tuxedo/DJ that could have been tailor-made for me for £10.
My prom dress! Green with green polka dots, kind of fifties style, £2.99 :awesome: And some girls spent that much without the decimal point...
£1.75 for a pair of cream patent peak toe shoes! They were in mint condition to!
Reply 32
A pair Ralph Lauren jeans for £21 still tagged :smile:

It's the ones that don't fit that breaks my heart hehe
Reply 33
I found a brand new Karen Millen jumper for £10 in my exact size, which would usually retail at around £110 - It's beautiful and I love it :smile:

I've also found a velvet dress for £2, and a velvet skirt for £3 (I adore velvet so I was very happy :biggrin:)
Teach yourself bass
Spanish novel
French novel
20p each :smile:
Reply 35
I need to get myself down to the charity shops.
Reply 36
Barbour quilted jacket for £8 from a charity shop in pangbourne.

And my mum bought Prada (!!!) Brogues for £50 at the oxfam on King's Road.
Got this H&M dress BNWT last week from PDSA, for £5.99 (admittedly it was only £20 to start with :tongue:). Looooovely :biggrin:

My sister and I found two Franz Ferdinand t-shirts. At the till, the lady said that the drummer of the band had handed them in about half an hour prior to our visit! :eek:
The best purchase I've ever made from a charity shop was a vintage limited edition Louis Vuitton clutch bag from the Sally's Army. The zip's broken, but it doesn't matter to me and cos it's genuinely vintage (and not a modern piece with a "retro" twist) I've never seen another copy.
Other successful purchases include various pieces of jewellry, an Abercrombie and Fitch shirt and loads of pretty dresses, all at a fraction of the original price.

Quick Reply

Latest