The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Unit 1 - 12th January 2012

Scroll to see replies

it means you got 69 UMS. They covert your grade to UMS (its out of 100) but you were only 1 off a B!
im a bit confused.. would it be worth getting my biology paper remarked, because I got 88, and 90 is an A* right? I don't know if I should bother or not
Original post by TheLalallama
im a bit confused.. would it be worth getting my biology paper remarked, because I got 88, and 90 is an A* right? I don't know if I should bother or not

I got the same!

I was speaking to my teacher and I think I'm just gonna try and ace unit two to average an A*.....although remark does sound tempting...
Reply 143
Original post by TheLalallama

don't remark! i'd definitely resit over remarking, there's such a big risk of the paper coming back with a lower mark and then there's nothing you can do! except resit of course, but then you might as well have just done it to start with :wink:
I got an A in chemistry and A in biology and a B in physics, i was 2 marks off an A but awell. And it was very difficult to get an A* because only 3 people in my whole year 295 students got one A*
Reply 145
I got a C (69 UMS). I'm getting it re-marked and going to re-sit as I was predicted an A and got As in Physics and Chemistry (81 and 82 UMS). Out of my year group Biology by far saw the worst results out of the three sciences.
Reply 146
Original post by DerMe
I got a C (69 UMS). I'm getting it re-marked and going to re-sit as I was predicted an A and got As in Physics and Chemistry (81 and 82 UMS). Out of my year group Biology by far saw the worst results out of the three sciences.

our school all sciences averaged 61% A*-C Apparently
Original post by tintin330
don't remark! i'd definitely resit over remarking, there's such a big risk of the paper coming back with a lower mark and then there's nothing you can do! except resit of course, but then you might as well have just done it to start with :wink:

but even if it did go down, its quite unlikely it would drop to a B because i am close to an A* right? but then if that does happen i will be sad :frown: hmmm definiately not resitting though as I'm still happy with an A :smile:
Reply 148
My re-mark went up by 1 UMS so I've now just scraped a B! Still re-sitting...
Reply 149
I got 83 UMS in Biology. After the remark it stayed at 83. LOL
I had an A in Chemistry and in the Biology, I was really close to an A but I had a B even though I found the Biology easier than Chemistry. I looked on the AQA website and found that the Biology grade boundaries were harder than Chemistry even though I got the same kinda UMS mark in both. Gutted! Guess I'll have to try just that little bit harder in the next Biology exam.
Reply 151
Does anyone know how many marks 84 UMS points coverts to?
Reply 152
Original post by mojiba
Im in Yr 9...we took our GCSE early. this was my first ever exam- my result...(69)C.... im so upset with it considering im predicted an A.. Please give me some advice

also in the brackets the (69)---what does it mean?

Don't worry about it, your only in year 9 and its your first exam. You can retake it anyways, so good luck the second time. And you shouldn't be upset because if your taking additional science, or triple science, your UMS (69) points will be added and you'll hopefully get a good grade. (69) this means that you have 69 UMS points. AQA convert the marks into UMS points, so you must of had around 41/60 in the exam which is quite good.
I'm really confused because our unit 1 Biology GCSE is in June but will it be the same as the January one? :confused:
Reply 154
Resits anyone? :wink:
Reply 155
Original post by Firuza1029
I'm really confused because our unit 1 Biology GCSE is in June but will it be the same as the January one? :confused:

If you mean questions no (well not EXACT ones but who knows, maybe some questions might pop up that were on the january one).

Exam boards change questions for every new exam to be taken for the subject in question.
(otherwise it would be to easy)

Hope that helps! :biggrin:
im ashamed i found that exam soooo easy i expected tocome out with an A at least i answered every question and i used correct terminology and i came out with a C i was very disappointed and yet i think they got my paper mixed with someones ;D :s-smilie:.... im resitting in june !!!!!!
Hey guys I got the question paper and mark scheme:

Question paper

Mark Scheme
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by shibucool
Hey guys I got the question paper and mark scheme:

Question paper

Mark Scheme

Hey me and my friend bought our biology papers back, and got the mark scheme off our teacher, and it seems wierd where I've dropped marks but (following the mark scheme) it seems I should have got them?
I dont suppose you have the physics mark scheme?
Original post by Hattie0912
Hey me and my friend bought our biology papers back, and got the mark scheme off our teacher, and it seems wierd where I've dropped marks but (following the mark scheme) it seems I should have got them?
I dont suppose you have the physics mark scheme?

I do have physics and even chemistry

Physics Unit 1: Question Paper | Mark Scheme

Chemistry Unit 1: Question Paper | Mark Scheme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending