Oh... I got 6.3 and 6.3
Reply 2
polthegael
Oh... I got 6.3 and 6.3

Are we supposed to be impressed? :tongue:
Reply 3
MentallyIll
Are we supposed to be impressed? :tongue:

By no means... The only other person I have spoken to about this got 6.2 and 6.5, clearly better than me!

I just want to know were my marks put me in relation to the other Cambridge med/vet students. I know I'm in the top 5% or so OF EVERYONE WHO TOOK IT, but I have no idea where I would be in relation to THOSE ACCEPTED...

I'd have a lot of this to say if I was trying to impress people, and my BMAT would not be one of them!
Reply 4
Looking like a bouncer would though :biggrin:

What's the top possible score out of interest?
Reply 5
polthegael
By no means... The only other person I have spoken to about this got 6.2 and 6.5, clearly better than me!

I just want to know were my marks put me in relation to the other Cambridge med/vet students. I know I'm in the top 5% or so OF EVERYONE WHO TOOK IT, but I have no idea where I would be in relation to THOSE ACCEPTED...

I'd have a lot of this to say if I was trying to impress people, and my BMAT would not be one of them!

wow, top 5%. Impressive.

Why is there two scores? and what does it really mean?
Reply 6
Acaila
Looking like a bouncer would though :biggrin:

What's the top possible score out of interest?

9... ONE person got 8.7 on ONE paper, but my marks (two 6.3s) were within the top 5% on both papers, so it's not unfair to say that the 9 is an unattainable and theoretical maximum.

Anyway, I do smile sometimes (like if I see someone get hurt [evil grin])! :smile:
Reply 7
MentallyIll
Why is there two scores? and what does it really mean?

Means nothing really, from what I could figure out (other than you are good at guessing!)

There are two multi-choice papers with lots of similiar answers and not very long to do them (I only finished one of them, and was only one at the college I sat it at to finish either!), and then an essay to write in 30 mins on one side of A4 with thick lines! Only the first two papers get marked. First one is logic and second one is science.
Reply 8
It's funny how threads always seem to quickly veer off-topic! :smile:
Reply 9
Wow that sounds rather hard! Glad I'm not a medic.
Reply 10
:wink:
Reply 11
Remember your vows shiny :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Acaila
Remember your vows shiny :rolleyes:

Just saying Hello :smile:
Reply 13
Couldn't you say hello rather than spamming?
Why do you never come on msn anymore?
Reply 14
Acaila
Couldn't you say hello rather than spamming?
Why do you never come on msn anymore?

I ain't got MSN on this laptop.
Reply 15
Oh alright :frown:

I'm trying not to talk on msn anyway. Officially I'm working atm :wink:
Reply 16
Acaila
Oh alright :frown: I'm trying not to talk on msn anyway. Officially I'm working atm :wink:

You are? Where? Is this the job you interviewed for? :biggrin:
Hmm I looked at the Logic practice paper on some website just for fun, didn't look too hard (though was long and I would guess that is where the problem lies). Some of the questions were fairly basic maths (there was one about a taxi driver that was just simultaneous equations) but then there were a few tricky ones. I didn't look at the Science one as I haven't done any science for over a year now.
Reply 18
magicalsausage
Hmm I looked at the Logic practice paper on some website just for fun, didn't look too hard (though was long and I would guess that is where the problem lies). Some of the questions were fairly basic maths (there was one about a taxi driver that was just simultaneous equations) but then there were a few tricky ones. I didn't look at the Science one as I haven't done any science for over a year now.

I agree completely. The questions were all easy enough on the logic paper! The problem is having about 30seconds per question. It is all to easy to start to panic and that is demonstrated by the fact no one got even nearly a 9 out of the thousands who took it!

On the science one, some of the physics questions were over my head (I never did GCSE science of any type and some of these "basic" questions were about stuff I'd never come across!). The biology, chemistry and maths were ok though.

I'm quite fast in exams (always seemed to finish way before everyone else in school/college), but I ended up having to randomly guess some of the questions when I had like ten seconds left (not to mention the ones I had taken an "educated guess" on so as not to hold myself back too much!)!

I think that its something you could practice and get better at. My major problem was having left college (got my results last year by which time I hadn't decided to apply to Cambridge), I took the BMAT externally and no-one had told me about the BMAT website. So I never got to see what the papers would be like :frown:
Reply 19
5.9, 6.7

it wasnt really intellectually challenging but i was sooo pressed for time. probably the hardest exam ive taken in my life :s

do you remember which essay you wrote for part 3? i think i did the organ trafficking one.

the fact that i broke up with my gf of just over 50 weeks about 10 minutes before the exam didnt help much either :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending