The Student Room Group

Boots Interview

Has anyone had a boots interview for a sales assistant job? I've got an interview on Monday and they said it will last approx 35 mins, im so nervous and dont want to mess it up, does anyone know what i should expect? any help appreciated, thank!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just the usual questions. tell me about yourself. errm they may ask you do you know what your role is in the job. tell them about your work experience. maybe even product knowledge. working in a team. how are you self motivated. etc.
Reply 2
Well it is quite an interesting interview at Boots. I won't ruin the surprise, but make sure you know your way around the store before you start the interview :p:
LOONG time ago now, almost 3 years, but when I had mine:

I had 10 minutes to look around the store and put together several products for a customer situation (mine was a hen party weekend away :p:) This was the worst part tbh, I go in the store several times a month, but I didn't know my way around THAT well. So go and look around first and work out where everything is.

After that then you have a basic interview with all the usual questions, why do you want to work here, examples of customer service, telling them a little about yourself.

Boots is the only interview I ever failed actually, purely because my interviewer worked at my previous employment and the words "I hated (insert name of boss here)" fell out of my mouth. I had only left a few weeks previously as well, ah to be young and naive :p:

Edit: Ooooh and the task thing! I completely forgot about that, like sprout said below me, I had 12 questions about offers, brands etc on a sheet and had to answer them all in 12 minutes. While they were saying, "so why would you like to work here?!" That was a bum.
Errrmm... well mine wasn't so much an interview at all!
I had this thing where i had to do 12 tasks in 12 mins.. then a scenario card and talk about a product for 10 mins.. (they ask u questions while ur doing the tasks)
All for a saturday job.. i got it though.. :smile:
Reply 5
Sprout_hair
Errrmm... well mine wasn't so much an interview at all!
I had this thing where i had to do 12 tasks in 12 mins.. then a scenario card and talk about a product for 10 mins.. (they ask u questions while ur doing the tasks)
All for a saturday job.. i got it though.. :smile:

You spoiled the surprise for her !

I can remember some questions if that helps.

"how many till points in the store"
"find me the cheapest toothpaste"
"tell/show me what the opening hours are"
Ed.
You spoiled the surprise for her !

I can remember some questions if that helps.

"how many till points in the store"
"find me the cheapest toothpaste"
"tell/show me what the opening hours are"

Ohhh..
Well im glad that didnt just happen to me..
Everyone i know literally just spoke to the manager..
I had to battl 40 people..

Yes.. and
"Do we sell fruits?"
"give someone as basket"... etc..

Btw.. Ed.. did you get the job?
Reply 7
Sprout_hair
Ohhh..
Well im glad that didnt just happen to me..
Everyone i know literally just spoke to the manager..
I had to battl 40 people..

Yes.. and
"Do we sell fruits?"
"give someone as basket"... etc..

Btw.. Ed.. did you get the job?

Yeah, well I got a Christmas temp job Oct 06 then when that contract was finished I got a permanent one. Boots :love:
Ed.
Yeah, well I got a Christmas temp job Oct 06 then when that contract was finished I got a permanent one. Boots :love:

:smile:
Boots rules! They pay so well!
Iv been there hmm about 3 months now!
We're such a good Boots.. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Sprout_hair
:smile:
Boots rules! They pay so well!
Iv been there hmm about 3 months now!
We're such a good Boots.. :biggrin:

It is true (I assume recent pay raise was universal.) What annoys me though is that I've been there 1 and 3/4 years but because I'm not 18 yet people who have just started get paid more :frown: sad times. The Boots were I work would kick your ones arse :p: :yep:
Ed.
It is true (I assume recent pay raise was universal.) What annoys me though is that I've been there 1 and 3/4 years but because I'm not 18 yet people who have just started get paid more :frown: sad times. The Boots were I work would kick your ones arse :p: :yep:

Grrrr yes! Never mind though, less than a month to go. And hopefully then the silly people will send me my healthcare test so I'll get ANOTHER pay rise muahaha!
Reply 11
lazzyfuzzylou
Grrrr yes! Never mind though, less than a month to go. And hopefully then the silly people will send me my healthcare test so I'll get ANOTHER pay rise muahaha!

:p: Whatever !

My 18th is end of August and I leave in September so I won't ever get paid 18 wages :frown:
Ohh that sucks - luckily I'm gonna be 18 for my month of extra duties so that should bring in quite a bit! Ahh Boots, the best employers.
Reply 13
There are three employees on this thread and we do all seem to agree that they are the best employers :love:
12 tasks in 12 mins! that sounds hard :frown: im nervous now.... is it a group interview?
so cheeky question :smile: what do they pay for over 18?
toffeepoppet
so cheeky question :smile: what do they pay for over 18?

I have no idea, i was looking but cant find how much anywhere..
Reply 17
i had an interview last week.

for over 18's pay is £6.17 per hour i think

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=13279070&highlight=boots+interview#post13279070
Well right now I'm under 18 and I get £6.26 an hour.
Reply 19
lazzyfuzzylou
Well right now I'm under 18 and I get £6.26 an hour.

nice! they told me in my interview that the pay of an 18 yesr old was £6.17 and under 18 was probably £5.19 an hour

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending