The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Yeah, thats pretty much it. I turned it off at half time after I nearly (literally, no joke) fell asleep twice.

I don't know how well Samaras is going to perform, he might do the exact same he done with City, start decently, then turn into a bag of ****e that shows a good run now and again then doesn't make the most of it. Like we saw in one of the pre-seasons (southampton?)

I hate the smoggies so glad we got a win out of it. Every fan of theirs I've ever met or spoke with have been unlikable ***** in every way.
Reply 81
Jim-ie
I don't know how well Samaras is going to perform, he might do the exact same he done with City, start decently, then turn into a bag of ****e that shows a good run now and again then doesn't make the most of it. Like we saw in one of the pre-seasons (southampton?)

Keep in mind that his past failure was in the Premiership, and that his £6m fee would have put pressure on him to perform.

He's still young (only 23), but I think he'll do a good job in the SPL. He said that he's settling in well and loving playing for the club, so hopefully he'll repay the trust we've put in him by becoming a top player.

Plus, it isn't that much of a gamble at a fee reported to be around £1m. If it doesn't work out, then he will still have some sell-on value.
Samaras should do well, can't argue at a million. If he's a pile of ---- then you've not lost much.
Reply 83
one million pound is a very expensive **** especially when i do mine for free....
Reply 84
I hope that Marc Crosas will go on loan to Celtic, a great club and will do him well as the SPL is more physical than La Liga. Hopefully will come back as a better DM and back up to Tower of Power :yep:
Reply 85
Barça
I hope that Marc Crosas will go on loan to Celtic, a great club and will do him well as the SPL is more physical than La Liga. Hopefully will come back as a better DM and back up to Tower of Power :yep:

Haven't actually seen Crosas in action. Is he any good, and is he a player who isn't afraid to go into a challenge (something we seriously lacked before Robson came)?
Reply 86
AndyK67
Haven't actually seen Crosas in action. Is he any good, and is he a player who isn't afraid to go into a challenge (something we seriously lacked before Robson came)?

He's from the Barcelona youth academy, course he is :biggrin: But yeah he is a crafty bugger and certainly a better passer than Robson. I reckon he is more of a CM than DM when I think about it but he can certainly tackle .He has even stated his desire to go on loan to Celtic.
Reply 87
Would certainly be good to have him at Celtic.
Reply 88
Certainly. Celtic and Barcelona have an excellent relationship and it should be built on with this loan.
Reply 89
Barça
Certainly. Celtic and Barcelona have an excellent relationship and it should be built on with this loan.

Agree with that. It wouldn't hurt to see what Crosas could do.

And in other news, Rangers drew 0-0 with Hearts Reserves (Kaunas) at home earlier.

:woo: :rofl2: :laughing: :rofl: :toofunny:
Reply 90
Haha. Gonna be an interesting season for that lot!
Reply 91
Jim-ie
This is the topic for Celtic football club. Talk all about the bhoys here. Would rather have a topic for the club instead of talking about them in a topic comparing the old firm!

Dunno how I go around getting it turned into a society I think we need a fair amount of people?

hey i got this turned into a soc, woo go me!! lol
Reply 92
hurrah! cheers, have joined up, everyone else do so too!

Thoughts on the Spuds match?
Jim-ie

Thoughts on the Spuds match?

Celtic weren't at the races, but they've been linked with a few new faces so that's positive...
Reply 94
Reply 95
Reply 96
Jim-ie

seeing as how you started this thread (and you also have celtic's logo as your wee pic) would you like to be one of the societies leaders??
Reply 97
Aye sure go for it.

Hahaha at the hun shouting "Espanyol, ****in real madrid, ye ****in fenian bastards".

Marc Crosas is looking to transfer to celtic and not just go on loan apparently.. £2 million? I'd go for it. Good bit of business.
Reply 98

:toofunny: that's quality mate, repped :smile:
Reply 99
Jim-ie
Marc Crosas is looking to transfer to celtic and not just go on loan apparently.. £2 million? I'd go for it. Good bit of business.

Very good piece of business considering that Rangers had to fork out £3 million on a relatively unproven 'talent' in Kyle Lafferty.

Should have a decent sell-on value if he doesn't make it big here, but I can't see that happening. He'll be coming from a club with great expectations and fanatical supporters to a similar type of club, and should be well equipped to cope with playing in the SPL 'goldfish bowl'.

Now Strachan, time to buy a (good) left-back!!!

Quick Reply