The Student Room Group

How common is oral sex in relationships?

My ex never gave oral, but given her reasons I can't blame her.

However she has been my only gf/sexual partner so I'm curious: how common is oral in a relationship? I ask because I see a lot of threads about it on here but from my own knowledge (see below) it seems really uncommon.

I only really have 1 female friend I'd talk about this with and she doesn't because the one time she did her bf came in her mouth after promising he wouldn't, so she imposed a blowjob embargo as punishment (and apparently she didn't like the idea much anway).

Amongst my male friends we have an unwritten rule that we never discuss our own sex lives, and frankly they're all liars anyway :tongue:

Thanks in advance,
H-S

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oral sex is very common in relationships.
Reply 2
Pretty ****ing common tbf.
erm as common as you want?
What's with all these threads on oral in H&R? They're coming like buses. :getmecoat:
Reply 5
Original post by History-Student
because the one time she did her bf came in her mouth after promising he wouldn't

Bahaha.

But yes, common.
Fairly common, among the friends I have and myself. About 1/5 of girls don't like it, but about 1/2 of those who don't will do it in return for something they like in return / as a bargaining chip.
More common than paki(stani)s having rotis.
My ex never gave oral, but given her reasons I can't blame her.

However she has been my only gf/sexual partner so I'm curious: how common is oral in a relationship? I ask because I see a lot of threads about it on here but from my own knowledge (see below) it seems really uncommon.

I only really have 1 female friend I'd talk about this with and she doesn't because the one time she did her bf came in her mouth after promising he wouldn't, so she imposed a blowjob embargo as punishment (and apparently she didn't like the idea much anway).

Amongst my male friends we have an unwritten rule that we never discuss our own sex lives, and frankly they're all liars anyway :tongue:

Thanks in advance,
H-S

You all seem as uptight as the Royal Family. Let things go, let things blow, and let things cum!
Pretty common I'd say.

I don't see why it's such a big deal tbh. I have no idea why so many girls don't like doing it.
Reply 10
depends on your own preferences, I don't mind giving or receiving but I wouldn't say I do either that much.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but often.
Original post by Bubbles0ox
erm as common as you want?

You mean as common as she wants :

More realistically anyway.
Reply 13
Oral sex in my opinion is pretty much essential to all relationships.
Reply 14
Pretty common I though :/

I enjoy giving my boyfriend oral... Am I doing something wrong?!
very common - ive only been with one girl who wouldnt
Reply 16
how common is oral in a relationship?

Actually I ended up having oral Sex in all my RS until now. Imo Sex without condom > Oral without condom > Sex with condom > Oral with condom. Also all the, except one, I know of are having oral sex in in their relationships.

I only really have 1 female friend I'd talk about this with and she doesn't because the one time she did her bf came in her mouth after promising he wouldn't.

Guess one can't blame her, although coming in a girls mouth is one of the greatest pleasures she can give you.
Reply 17
I think it's pretty common usually but depends on the relationship. My last boyfriend LOVED giving (and receiving) oral sex and it happened almost every sexual encounter we had. 69ers are a must. Just sayin'.
Reply 18
Original post by Arielle
I think it's pretty common usually but depends on the relationship. My last boyfriend LOVED giving (and receiving) oral sex and it happened almost every sexual encounter we had. 69ers are a must. Just sayin'.

Agreed, 69 is always best.

Just... wow. :smile:
It's quite common, but obviously it depends on the individuals involved; some people dislike giving oral and some dislike recieving oral.

Personally, I love going down on girls, as long as they're clean. All girls taste different so it's obviously a much nicer experience if they taste nice.

My current girlfriend loves giving head so oral is part of every sesh we have. By contrast, my first ever girlfriend didn't like giving head so I only got it as a kind of "treat".

Latest

Trending

Trending