The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mimimimi

Definitely Inception and Monsters Inc! :biggrin:

That reminds me, I said I'd write a review of Inception, didn't I? Oops.

You still have five days to do it!
TV ads' for Sucker Punch look so good :biggrin: Zack Snyder really knows how to get his films great advertising and promotion.

*Refer to the theatrical trailer for 300 for refrence
RIP Elizabeth Taylor
Reply 223
RIP Elizabeth Taylor. :frown:
Reply 224
Accidentally deleted a post I'd written with regards to the earlier issue of actresses. :frown: It was largely a concurrence with Phalanges, so it doesn't hugely matter.

Anyway, I'm sitting down to watch Blow now. I've heard good things about Johnny Depp in it.
Elizabeth Taylor: One of the most beautiful women to have graced cinema. R.I.P. :frown:
Original post by Phalanges
You still have five days to do it!

Well, I only have two really, I'm going to Helsinki on Saturday and leaving my computer behind! Hmm!

It depends how much I'm willing to procrastinate during the next two days, hehe... A lot, probably! :biggrin:
Oh darn. Still need to do that Inception review.

May add it to my blog too. hehehehe *people that add multiple 'hehes', it comes across oddly on the internet *shrugs*
Also, I haven't seen The Shining or The original Texas Chainsaw massacre.... quite want to see both. Make of that what you will
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Also, I haven't seen The Shining or The original Texas Chainsaw massacre.... quite want to see both. Make of that what you will

Ooh! Be sure to watch The Shining! So...much...tension...
Ooh! Be sure to watch The Shining! So...much...tension...

Hah yeah I can imagine. Must be great to see Jack Nicholson arguably at his best

*I've got a couple classic and old school horror films to watch actually, just need to get them on DVD or catch them when they come on TV
Hah yeah I can imagine. Must be great to see Jack Nicholson arguably at his best

*I've got a couple classic and old school horror films to watch actually, just need to get them on DVD or catch them when they come on TV

The Shining is one of very few movies which actually does scare me! Halloween is one of the others. Not a very good film but it's damn scary (for me at least)...

I find more 'believable' horror films scary, such as ones with serial killers and stuff, and the ones with monsters and things not scary at all...
The Shining is one of very few movies which actually does scare me! Halloween is one of the others. Not a very good film but it's damn scary (for me at least)...

I find more 'believable' horror films scary, such as ones with serial killers and stuff, and the ones with monsters and things not scary at all...

Hmm fair enough and the original Nightmare on elm street I'd imagine (just cos it fits with those classic slasher movies)

I'm generally the same recently, most horror films made nowadays just never scare me, Paranormal Activity I'm looking at you, it was like Jumpy and shocking at moments but really scary

then again not all modern horror / slasher films are bad, I thought the Friday the 13th 2009 remake wasn't that bad, also The Strangers is really good imo - can't wait for the sequel
Hmm fair enough and the original Nightmare on elm street I'd imagine (just cos it fits with those classic slasher movies)

I'm generally the same recently, most horror films made nowadays just never scare me, Paranormal Activity I'm looking at you, it was like Jumpy and shocking at moments but really scary

then again not all modern horror / slasher films are bad, I thought the Friday the 13th 2009 remake wasn't that bad, also The Strangers is really good imo - can't wait for the sequel

I haven't seen any of those :redface: I'm really rubbish with horror films, I haven't seen many at all, they just don't really appeal to me... I have a few friends who love almost all crappy modern horror films, and I have no idea why. So many of them are really similar and 'scare' you in exactly the same way. Don't even get me started on the Saw series :angry:
I haven't seen any of those :redface: I'm really rubbish with horror films, I haven't seen many at all, they just don't really appeal to me... I have a few friends who love almost all crappy modern horror films, and I have no idea why. So many of them are really similar and 'scare' you in exactly the same way. Don't even get me started on the Saw series :angry:

Haha fair enough, I can recommend ya some good ones if you're interested - the strangers and friday the 13th included :wink:

Lol yeah don't we all, some are ok just for a good laugh though, cos they're more unintentional comedy than horror like Drag me to hell (omg, it's so laughably bad but it was made bad on purpose I hear)... Mirrors, When a stranger Calls (remake of a Japanese film about getting a voicemail message... then you die, seriously xD)

The Nightmare on elm Street remake that was out last year, I was laughing out loud with my friend at the back cos it was so bad and so were other people so yeah you should go see some recent ones just for the Luls :biggrin:
Haha fair enough, I can recommend ya some good ones if you're interested - the strangers and friday the 13th included :wink:

Lol yeah don't we all, some are ok just for a good laugh though, cos they're more unintentional comedy than horror like Drag me to hell (omg, it's so laughably bad but it was made bad on purpose I hear)... Mirrors, When a stranger Calls (remake of a Japanese film about getting a voicemail message... then you die, seriously xD)

The Nightmare on elm Street remake that was out last year, I was laughing out loud with my friend at the back cos it was so bad and so were other people so yeah you should go see some recent ones just for the Luls :biggrin:

Oh yes, some definitely are laughably awful...

Please do recommend me some good ones, just in case I ever feel in the mood to be scared :tongue: There are loads of horror classics I haven't seen as well, hmm. Perhaps I'll try to get into horror films, we'll see.

About to watch True Grit now, exciting!
I am currently reading Sleazoid Express. A book all about NYC's grindhouse cinema. I need to rinse my eyes.

that is all.

P.S. PIRATES 4!!!! yeah.

P.P.S. Norweigian Wood made me want to commit suicide.
Original post by Sangha236
Just got four free tickets for suckerpunch on 31st March from IGN screenings. Looking forward to this. Only a day before but free so meh. It's one of them group ones. May have 1 or 2 spots for free for anyone who is close to Sherperds Bush. Depends on if any of my mates can't go.

Finally watched Amelie, it's brilliant. First french movie I actually watched. Downloaded Le diner de Cons now. I hope Dinner for Schmuks didn't use most of it.

Wow, nice.

I'm trying to figure out whether my friends would be up for going.

Original post by francescarella

P.P.S. Norweigian Wood made me want to commit suicide.

Is this a 'this film was so damn emotional' suicide or a 'they have utterly ruined the film' suicide?
3.5Nando
x

C_B_C
x

Tam_Diman
x

DLJ
x

Sashari
x

Welcome to the Film society and the chat thread, you guys. :h: Feel free to talk about any films you are excited for or have just watched.
Anchorman BBC3 9pm :biggrin:

Quick Reply