The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Primary PGCE, Edge Hill

Hi everyone :smile:

I know there is the 'I'm applying for a PGCE thread' but I was wanting to speak to others who have applied to Edge Hill for Primary teaching.

My application was sent on the 18th October and I haven't heard yet (3 weeks later). Getting a bit worried as some of my colleagues who have applied for a PGCE at Edge Hill around the same time have already had their confirmation of interview (although they have opted for secondary teaching).

Just wondering how everyone is getting on, if they have heard back about interviews, when they applied etc. Feeling slightly neurotic but I think it's the not knowing which is the worst, and I'm very conscious of the fact that in a weeks time it will have been 28 days :s-smilie:

Go!

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I have Edge Hill down as my second choice (Manchester first choice). Have heard back from Manchester saying they have received my application. Still waiting for my gttr welcome pack to arrive. I'm sure you will hear back soon, if not give them a ring to see if there is a problem.

Good luck :smile:
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello, I applied for pgce pscyhology at edge hill, the university received my application on the 10th of october, but I didn't hear anything for a few weeks and decided to ring them last week(start of november), I was informed that the tutors were only receiving the applications to read last week from the admissions office. I received an interview date today ( 8th of november 2011) so try not to worry yet hope this helps x
Reply 3
Hi all, thanks for the reassurance!

I received an e-mail from Edge Hill today inviting me for interview, which I'm obviously chuffed about :biggrin:

When is your interview date then? x
Reply 4
Hey, I've got an interview at MMU on 23rd Nov 2011 for Primary PGCE, so like you I am :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by JH2011
Hello, I applied for pgce pscyhology at edge hill, the university received my application on the 10th of october, but I didn't hear anything for a few weeks and decided to ring them last week(start of november), I was informed that the tutors were only receiving the applications to read last week from the admissions office. I received an interview date today ( 8th of november 2011) so try not to worry yet hope this helps x

Hi, how did you get on with your interview at Edge Hill on the 8th?? I've got mine on the 18th and I'm mortified, have you got any tips??
Reply 6
Original post by JH2011

Original post by JH2011

Hi, how did your interview at EdgeHill go? Ive got mine on the 18th and I'm mortified, any tips would be most welcome.
Reply 7
Original post by JacquiF
Hi, how did your interview at EdgeHill go? Ive got mine on the 18th and I'm mortified, any tips would be most welcome.

Hello, sorry I don't have my interview until the 21st of November, I mean't that I heard off them then. What are you applying for,? good luck x :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by JacquiF

Hoping today went well for you!
Just wondering if you have any advice from today? I have an interview for edge hill on the 23rd of January.
Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I meant the 25th!
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi all!

I got an interview for Primary PGCE at Edge Hill on 25th Jan, which is ages away! Does anybody know if they give places away on first come basis? Im worried that by then they will have barely any places left!!

Im also REALLY nervous! I cant get in the classroom any more between now and the interview so the section needing knowledge of current classroom techniques really scares me! If anyone has already done the interview, please please I would really appreciate some advice about how it is, and how to prepare! xx
Reply 10
Original post by Katherinelivesey
Hi all!

I got an interview for Primary PGCE at Edge Hill on 25th Jan, which is ages away! Does anybody know if they give places away on first come basis? Im worried that by then they will have barely any places left!!

Im also REALLY nervous! I cant get in the classroom any more between now and the interview so the section needing knowledge of current classroom techniques really scares me! If anyone has already done the interview, please please I would really appreciate some advice about how it is, and how to prepare! xx

I was quite happy about it being January, it means that we have enough time to prepare! Although It has worried me a little bit after reading that some people have already had interviews and been offered places.

The most important thing is they've offered us an interview, it must mean that they like us! They're also not going to expect everyone to have got extra classroom experience because they haven't given us a lot of time! Fortunately I had already set up 5 days work experience at the start of January for a module I'm doing at uni!

Have you been told to get there for 10am as well? x
Original post by Jenny_G

Yeh they have asked me there at 10am. It says it can take up to 6 hours though!! Are you on the 25th too?

I have managed to speak to a few teacher friends I have about stuff. All my classroom experience was in July so Im concerned by January things will have changed yet again. Oh dear.

I know what you mean though, plenty of time to prepare!!! Haha. Eeeekkk!! My friend has got rejected from Manchester without interview, so yeh Im happy to even have an interview though :smile: xx

Original post by Jenny_G
I was quite happy about it being January, it means that we have enough time to prepare! Although It has worried me a little bit after reading that some people have already had interviews and been offered places.

The most important thing is they've offered us an interview, it must mean that they like us! They're also not going to expect everyone to have got extra classroom experience because they haven't given us a lot of time! Fortunately I had already set up 5 days work experience at the start of January for a module I'm doing at uni!

Have you been told to get there for 10am as well? x
Reply 12
Original post by JacquiF
Hi, how did you get on with your interview at Edge Hill on the 8th?? I've got mine on the 18th and I'm mortified, have you got any tips??

Hello did you have an interview for pgce psychology at edge hill university on the 18th? how did you think it went. I had mine yesterday, thought it went fairly well ? x
Original post by JH2011
Hello did you have an interview for pgce psychology at edge hill university on the 18th? how did you think it went. I had mine yesterday, thought it went fairly well ? x

Hi, did you have yours this week? How was it? When will you find out if you have a place?

Congrats on thinking it went well :smile: Fingers crossed! xx
Reply 14
Anyone else got an interview for Primary @ Edge Hill on the 14th December? :smile:
Reply 15
I had my interview on 16th November 2011 at Edge Hill. I believe some people have had unsuccessful replies from my interview day but I have heard nothing so far.
Just wondering if anyone who's had an interview so far have heard back, successful or not?
Reply 16
I had interview at EH on 16th November also and heard today that I was unsuccessful - 3 people I was with have not heard yet though. I am devastated as no idea what more I could have done, been volunteering for over 5 years in all key stages, I plan lessons, do assessments, take intervention groups plus run after school activities. I felt interview went well, am on line for a first and my degree has involved all teaching related modules plus 2 block placements from which I had fab references from the teachers I worked with. Am clueless and although they will give feedback I've heard they'll say whatever they have to! So cheers Edge Hill!
Reply 17
Hi there,
I also found out yesterday that I was unsuccessful and I'm gutted. I'm looking forward to hearing the feedback, as I had mixed feelings on how the day went. I get really nervous and it always gets in the way of my true abilities!

I dare say that if you are in line to get a first, then you should have a good chance if you apply elsewhere or even end up clearing, whereas with a 2:2 I will struggle, especially if I apply again for 2013!

Maybe those people who havent heard yet will have better luck than us...:frown:

Do you have any other choices?
Reply 18
To DJ8765 & KylerS1 - I too had an interview on the 16th and have found out that I was unsuccessful (I can't tell from your member names who you may be, I was sat on the corner table to the far left of the door as you entered) needless to say I'm also gutted. I have put Liverpool Hope down as my second choice, but to be honest I feel disheartened now and haven't heard from them yet either.
Have any of you put a second choice down?
Reply 19
I was on the nearest table on the left as you walked in - the 'older' table. I was the one who asked Ann-Marie about how the PGCE Masters works, think it was one of the only questions so you may remember! I've put Hope as 2nd but am really disheartened now. Will speak to my head tomorrow about GTP as think that's only option for me now, although only about 9 funded places in Cheshire and Merseyside I understand! so very competitive. Couldn't go through another interview day like that! Ironic thing is I am doing my degree at Edge Hill and was originally on a different degree, but was advised to swap at the beginning as this one would give me better chance of getting onto PGCE!! All the modules I've studied for degree are those which are covered on PGCE too - Inclusion, Assessment, Creativity etc. everything mentioned on the powerpoint!! I really can't think of a bad point to the interview, yes I was nervous but think I got across what was needed. Feeling very rejected right now :frown: hope some others get better news - only one other from my table has heard and she was also unsuccessful :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest