The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

So ummm... is thursday week 7 good for people? Probably around 8pm in a campus bar.
Just my proposal, I have no real reason for that other than my hardest weekly assignment is due in on wednesdays (by which point I am exhausted)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 541
Hi everyone!

I'm just here to do a cheeky promotion of my charity bake sale that I'll be holding on Tuesday 22nd in Alex Square :biggrin:

I'm raising money so I can go to Fiji next summer to volunteer in schools and villages so I can teach English, restore schools, build water catchment tanks and all that really helpful stuff :smile:

Soo... my first fundraising event is to sell lots of yummy cakes and biscuits for only £1 each, so if you're free between 10 & 4, come down and get your hands on some tasty treats :biggrin:

Thanks guys! Hope to see you on Tuesday! :smile:
Reply 542
Original post by Manitude
So ummm... is thursday week 7 good for people? Probably around 8pm in a campus bar.
Just my proposal, I have no real reason for that other than my hardest weekly assignment is due in on wednesdays (by which point I am exhausted)

Compsoc social, sorry. :frown:
Original post by BeccaCath94
I got my first offer on monday :biggrin: Well done on having 2!!! :biggrin: Yeah lancaster havent acknowledged me either...i dont think they do to anyone tbh...which is kinda scary!!
:eek: Loads of people have offers/interviews at my school....2 people have 5 offers!!!!! :eek: Yeah I know, I feel much better now its gone :smile:
Yeah that is very true..... :biggrin:

Ooh where for? I actually got my third offer for Hull!! I'm so happy!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
It's scary, but at least they've not done it for anyone. They are offering for psych though, there's people on the applicants thread with offers. It's killing me! Haha
Wow. That's quite an achievement for them! Apart from me, there' now three others with offers, and two oxbridge interviews, one nurse with three interviews and a dentist with an interview at Newcastle. She's just happy she has an interview somewhere! Haha
She got the email for the interview on Wednesday, and the interview itself is this Wednesday! It's a bit short notice, so she's cramming for it this weekend. :tongue:
Original post by DoubleNegative
Ooh where for? I actually got my third offer for Hull!! I'm so happy!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
It's scary, but at least they've not done it for anyone. They are offering for psych though, there's people on the applicants thread with offers. It's killing me! Haha
Wow. That's quite an achievement for them! Apart from me, there' now three others with offers, and two oxbridge interviews, one nurse with three interviews and a dentist with an interview at Newcastle. She's just happy she has an interview somewhere! Haha
She got the email for the interview on Wednesday, and the interview itself is this Wednesday! It's a bit short notice, so she's cramming for it this weekend. :tongue:

Well I got my first from Heriot-Watt but I got one from Liverpool yesterday.... :biggrin:
Yeah that is true....I wouldn't like to be the odd one out!!!
:eek:
Original post by Tathrim
Compsoc social, sorry. :frown:

Any other suggestions then?

Wednesday Week 7? I believe some sports societies have their socials then, though.

I could *maybe* get us free entry to Elements on friday if required. Would have to pull a couple of favours though.
Reply 546
Any other suggestions then?

Wednesday Week 7? I believe some sports societies have their socials then, though.

I could *maybe* get us free entry to Elements on friday if required. Would have to pull a couple of favours though.

Depends on how feasible that'll be. Damned me being everywhere. Go ahead with it on the Thursday if people can go, I'll give them a miss.
Original post by Tathrim
Depends on how feasible that'll be. Damned me being everywhere. Go ahead with it on the Thursday if people can go, I'll give them a miss.

Nobody else has really expressed any interest in any date I've proposed so for now assume nothing is happening. Will need more people to say they will be there in principle.
Just had a quick chat with someone and it would seem that free entry to elements is unlikely due to me having other commitments on the next two fridays.
(edited 12 years ago)
Seems like I'll have to use my secret ways to convince people to come to the thingy. :colone:
Reply 549
Nobody else has really expressed any interest in any date I've proposed so for now assume nothing is happening. Will need more people to say they will be there in principle.
Just had a quick chat with someone and it would seem that free entry to elements is unlikely due to me having other commitments on the next two fridays.

May be able to make Thurs, compsoc social sec hasn't thought of anything. I'll keep you posted.
I think I'm still good for thursday, however we'd need to get more people on board.
Well I got my first from Heriot-Watt but I got one from Liverpool yesterday.... :biggrin:
Yeah that is true....I wouldn't like to be the odd one out!!!
:eek:

Well done!! Is Lancaster your first choice? Or somewhere else? Have you heard from anywhere else? :smile:
Well done!! Is Lancaster your first choice? Or somewhere else? Have you heard from anywhere else? :smile:

I love lancaster as a university but going on courses/overall package i'd say leeds is my favourite.......
No not heard from anywhere else :frown:
What about you?
I love lancaster as a university but going on courses/overall package i'd say leeds is my favourite.......
No not heard from anywhere else :frown:
What about you?

Same for me. Hull has the best course, but I love Lancaster. Saying that, I really really like the Hull campus. Ah, they're both brilliant. :smile:
Yeah actually, I got my Lancaster offer on Friday. :smile: You?
Same for me. Hull has the best course, but I love Lancaster. Saying that, I really really like the Hull campus. Ah, they're both brilliant. :smile:
Yeah actually, I got my Lancaster offer on Friday. :smile: You?

I know lancaster is great. But out of all 5 of my courses i've chosen thats probably the worst :frown:
Agghhhhhh
:eek: i've still only got my 2 offers :/
Reply 555
Hi guys! I'm looking to apply next year and just want to know what the sport facilitys are like on campus? Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Claped
Hi guys! I'm looking to apply next year and just want to know what the sport facilitys are like on campus? Thanks :biggrin:

Brand new sports centre, opened just this September. :smile:
I know lancaster is great. But out of all 5 of my courses i've chosen thats probably the worst :frown:
Agghhhhhh
:eek: i've still only got my 2 offers :/

Ooh that's unlucky! But I'm actually in a similar position. Lancaster is possibly the worst (economical) place for work experience. I need mental health issues in a DEPRIVED area. Somehow, I don't think Lancaster is deprived. :tongue:
Lancaster and where else? I have an awful memory, sorry! :s-smilie:
Ooh that's unlucky! But I'm actually in a similar position. Lancaster is possibly the worst (economical) place for work experience. I need mental health issues in a DEPRIVED area. Somehow, I don't think Lancaster is deprived. :tongue:

Mental health issues in a deprived area?! Erm, trust me, Lancaster has some pretty deprived areas [eg, brownie groups who haven't put up the charges in literally 10 years because the parents struggle to pay them as they are, despite their fees being a lot lower than other local groups] and quite a lot of care in the community residents... You might be surprised, but I'd imagine you would find quite a lot on the topic either in Lancaster or in the local area. :redface:
Reply 559

Lancaster certainly has a lot of pretty deprived areas.

Quick Reply

Latest