The Student Room Group

HYMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by questionandanswer
Having read through their interview structure , it seems like they don't actually ask anything about your personal statement, and that the whole interview is based on their 8 predefined questions. Is this true?

Yes - neither of the interviewers read your personal statement.
Original post by chats4england
Interview, Thursday 15 December.

It's at Hull.

yay, I have an interview on the 15th at Hull is yours from 12 to 4:30?
Reply 282
interview on the 7th December!!! i'm so so nervous; its too soon! well done to all those who also got interviews :smile: does anyone know if everyone gets asked the same 8 questions?
Original post by sms21
interview on the 7th December!!! i'm so so nervous; its too soon! well done to all those who also got interviews :smile: does anyone know if everyone gets asked the same 8 questions?

No, you don't. But everyone will be asked 7 questions from the same 7 topic areas.
GOT AN INTERVIEWWWW ON 14TH JANUARY weird considering my UKCAT was only 4/10 according to their scale! I'm super thrilled...but the only issue is my mocks r running that week and it will be very difficult for me to travel during that week! Is there any way I can reschedule the interview to february where I will most likely have other interviews, if I get them that is! I'm international from Tanzania btw so its quite a while away to travel twice or possibly thrice! Thank you for your help!
Reply 285
Got an interview at York 7th December, I'm really pleased :smile: Just wondering though I've been sent a letter but no email (when the acknowledgement email said everyone gets an email first) also how do people know the time of their interview cos mine just says the time the whole day's programme starts and ends at?
I think your interview could be anytime during those hours, I imagine they will guide us to the right place when it is our turn for interview
Hi all

I have an interview on the 7th and I'm really stuck on one question:
How pbl at HYMS differs from pbl at other courses? Any help would be much appreciated! :smile:
Rescheduled interview for 15th December! God now need to prepare, anyone got any helpful sources?
Original post by superdude10
Hi all

I have an interview on the 7th and I'm really stuck on one question:
How pbl at HYMS differs from pbl at other courses? Any help would be much appreciated! :smile:

HYMS use a guided discovery model of PBL which means there are set outcomes that we have to eventually try and reach ourself, rather than the student making up their own objectives. You are essentially guided to these outcomes by your tutor. The PBL is supplemented by lectures and is thus integrated rather than solely PBL.

hope that helps.
Original post by LewDacris
HYMS use a guided discovery model of PBL which means there are set outcomes that we have to eventually try and reach ourself, rather than the student making up their own objectives. You are essentially guided to these outcomes by your tutor. The PBL is supplemented by lectures and is thus integrated rather than solely PBL.

hope that helps.

Heyyy, PBL going well is it? :tongue:
Original post by LewDacris

hope that helps.

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 292
Aaargh, today, they send me an email, that I did not confirm my attendace at the interview IN 2 DAYS! But the funny/not so funny thing is that I have not recieved anything from them (no invitation) and I do not live in UK so I cant be there in 2 days. Fortunately, they gave me another date for the interview in january, as it was not my fault I haven´t recieved the letter - but still. From now on, I dont trust my email and my ordinary mail!! Freaky!
Reply 293
:smile: i've got an interview on the 14th of january i know it seems a while away but im nervous now, not sure how i'll react to some of the random questions they'll ask! has anyone had an interview yet? how was it? hope it went well!
Reply 294
Original post by sophiell
:smile: i've got an interview on the 14th of january i know it seems a while away but im nervous now, not sure how i'll react to some of the random questions they'll ask! has anyone had an interview yet? how was it? hope it went well!

From my experience a couple of years back, generally the questions don't sway too far from the sample questions online. Make sure you can answer all of those at least..
Original post by sophiell

I've got an interview tomorrow! And I'm freaking out!!! lol
Reply 296

I've got an interview tomorrow! And I'm freaking out!!! lol

aw im sure you'll be fine let me know how it goes:smile:
Reply 297
Original post by 2klthor

Original post by 2klthor
From my experience a couple of years back, generally the questions don't sway too far from the sample questions online. Make sure you can answer all of those at least..

thank you:biggrin:
Reply 298
Original post by MAMDS1993

Original post by MAMDS1993
GOT AN INTERVIEWWWW ON 14TH JANUARY weird considering my UKCAT was only 4/10 according to their scale! I'm super thrilled...but the only issue is my mocks r running that week and it will be very difficult for me to travel during that week! Is there any way I can reschedule the interview to february where I will most likely have other interviews, if I get them that is! I'm international from Tanzania btw so its quite a while away to travel twice or possibly thrice! Thank you for your help!

me tooo:biggrin:
Our school's old headmistress interviews for HYMS, she came in to talk to us. She said on one interview day, the applicants are all asked the same eight questions- the first of which is about the article that you've read just before you go in, asking you to surmise it, and your opinion on it.

Original post by dragonfly647
No, you don't. But everyone will be asked 7 questions from the same 7 topic areas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending