The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DoubleNegative
Ooh that's unlucky! But I'm actually in a similar position. Lancaster is possibly the worst (economical) place for work experience. I need mental health issues in a DEPRIVED area. Somehow, I don't think Lancaster is deprived. :tongue:
Lancaster and where else? I have an awful memory, sorry! :s-smilie:

Well i love the uni...its probably in the top 2 for location but i just dont really like the course :frown:
Oh haha :/ You never know!
I applied to heriot-watt, liverpool, lancaster, leeds and sheffield and only have offers so far from the first two....although i got a letter in the post from lancaster yesterday saying they were considering me so... :smile:
How about you? What offers/other places have you got/applied to?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Same, it's absolutely gorgeous. I'm going back in Feb for the open day, can't wait!! :biggrin:
I got one from them before I got my email, so you might be in luck! :biggrin:
Nothing from Dundee yet, but offers from the other four. :smile: I feel so much calmer about uni now it's insane. XD Where's your top choice? :smile:
Reply 562
Ooh that's unlucky! But I'm actually in a similar position. Lancaster is possibly the worst (economical) place for work experience. I need mental health issues in a DEPRIVED area. Somehow, I don't think Lancaster is deprived. :tongue:
Lancaster and where else? I have an awful memory, sorry! :s-smilie:

Lancashire as a whole has a lot of deprived areas. Only 30 minutes down the road you have preston which has some really bad parts and not that far away is morecombe.
Same, it's absolutely gorgeous. I'm going back in Feb for the open day, can't wait!! :biggrin:
I got one from them before I got my email, so you might be in luck! :biggrin:
Nothing from Dundee yet, but offers from the other four. :smile: I feel so much calmer about uni now it's insane. XD Where's your top choice? :smile:

I went to an open day in august but am going again for a post-applicant subject course day thingy in march i think :smile:
Ooh exciting times!!
Wow! 4 offers! I have 2 :frown: Leeds i think is my top choice purely due to the whole package of course, campus and location but lancaster is definately top for campus!
Original post by BeccaCath94
I went to an open day in august but am going again for a post-applicant subject course day thingy in march i think :smile:
Ooh exciting times!!
Wow! 4 offers! I have 2 :frown: Leeds i think is my top choice purely due to the whole package of course, campus and location but lancaster is definately top for campus!

Ooh sounds good. I've got a couple in February, I'm not going to UEA, but I might go to the other three. Maybe Dundee too if I get an offer.
Same for me. But best to go for the package deal in my opinion. :smile:
Ooh sounds good. I've got a couple in February, I'm not going to UEA, but I might go to the other three. Maybe Dundee too if I get an offer.
Same for me. But best to go for the package deal in my opinion. :smile:

Ahh cool :biggrin: I was offered to go to one from Liverpool seen as though i got a conditional from there, but wont be going as fingers crossed i'll get offers from my two favourites :biggrin:
Yeah the package deal is better but agghhh i dont know i really want to go to lancaster!!!!!
Ahh cool :biggrin: I was offered to go to one from Liverpool seen as though i got a conditional from there, but wont be going as fingers crossed i'll get offers from my two favourites :biggrin:
Yeah the package deal is better but agghhh i dont know i really want to go to lancaster!!!!!

Yeah, definitely! At least they give you ages to reply. :smile: I just found out I can't go to my Manchester one because I'm in France, so it'll be a bit difficult. :P
One of my friends has five offers, it's ridiculous! XD
Lancaster's amazing, which is why I'm going again, to make sure I'm not making the wrong choice with Hull. :smile:
Yeah, definitely! At least they give you ages to reply. :smile: I just found out I can't go to my Manchester one because I'm in France, so it'll be a bit difficult. :P
One of my friends has five offers, it's ridiculous! XD
Lancaster's amazing, which is why I'm going again, to make sure I'm not making the wrong choice with Hull. :smile:

They do yeah :biggrin: Oh dear!! haha That will be quite difficult....is there only one though? For lancaster theres like 7!!!
:eek: i'm so jealous!
Hahaha yeah i think i am too....and am going to look at the surrounding area like lancaster town to see what its like :smile: I've been to open days at all 5 unis i've applied to and for all except lancaster i spent like 2-3 hrs there but for lancaster i was there the full day!! hehe
They do yeah :biggrin: Oh dear!! haha That will be quite difficult....is there only one though? For lancaster theres like 7!!!
:eek: i'm so jealous!
Hahaha yeah i think i am too....and am going to look at the surrounding area like lancaster town to see what its like :smile: I've been to open days at all 5 unis i've applied to and for all except lancaster i spent like 2-3 hrs there but for lancaster i was there the full day!! hehe

I was only given the option for one day for both Manchester and Lancaster. :s-smilie: I'll have to check that out. :smile:
Lol I know! She kept it really quiet too! I had no idea until she said she had five. XD
Yeah, I need to look at the town too, I didn't get a chance to see it at all, even though I was there quite a long time. :tongue: I looked around them all about the same amount, but it depended on how long my feet could hold up! XD I was absolutely knackered for the Leeds one, so I had to leave early and get an earlier train. I slept for about 15 hours when I got back, I was really tired! :tongue:
I was only given the option for one day for both Manchester and Lancaster. :s-smilie: I'll have to check that out. :smile:
Lol I know! She kept it really quiet too! I had no idea until she said she had five. XD
Yeah, I need to look at the town too, I didn't get a chance to see it at all, even though I was there quite a long time. :tongue: I looked around them all about the same amount, but it depended on how long my feet could hold up! XD I was absolutely knackered for the Leeds one, so I had to leave early and get an earlier train. I slept for about 15 hours when I got back, I was really tired! :tongue:

Oh. I was given quite a few for Lancaster (don't know about Manchester!!)...but then I was only given one for Sheffield so......
Well good luck to her!! :biggrin:
Yeah I think we're going to go back sometime......
For Leeds and Liverpool I had to go somewhere in the afternoon so we were only there a few hours :/ hehe
God!!
Oh. I was given quite a few for Lancaster (don't know about Manchester!!)...but then I was only given one for Sheffield so......
Well good luck to her!! :biggrin:
Yeah I think we're going to go back sometime......
For Leeds and Liverpool I had to go somewhere in the afternoon so we were only there a few hours :/ hehe
God!!

I really need to reply, it's not good, I keep forgetting that I haven't said I'm going. :s-smilie:
Well done on Sheffield if I haven't already said it! :biggrin:
That sucks. :/ At least you'll get the chance for a whole day if you get an offer! :biggrin:
Yeah lol, I'm good at sleeping for ages. XD 19 (or 22 - I can't remember) is my most. I tend to get really tired after shows and stuff. :tongue:
I really need to reply, it's not good, I keep forgetting that I haven't said I'm going. :s-smilie:
Well done on Sheffield if I haven't already said it! :biggrin:
That sucks. :/ At least you'll get the chance for a whole day if you get an offer! :biggrin:
Yeah lol, I'm good at sleeping for ages. XD 19 (or 22 - I can't remember) is my most. I tend to get really tired after shows and stuff. :tongue:

Hahaha i dont think i've said im going to the lancaster one yet either...hmm....i better do so!!
Sheffield isnt actually an offer yet...i have to go to the open day first so i wont get an offer until march :frown: But you couldve said no i dont want to go and they'd give you your offer (which i wish i'd done now!!)
Yeah true :smile:
OMG!!! I never sleep for any more than 10 hours :/

I got an offer from Lancaster yesterday :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Hahaha i dont think i've said im going to the lancaster one yet either...hmm....i better do so!!
Sheffield isnt actually an offer yet...i have to go to the open day first so i wont get an offer until march :frown: But you couldve said no i dont want to go and they'd give you your offer (which i wish i'd done now!!)
Yeah true :smile:
OMG!!! I never sleep for any more than 10 hours :/

I got an offer from Lancaster yesterday :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I still haven't booked them. It's been a busy few days! XD
That sucks! But at least you'll get a chance to look at it. :smile: I don't get anything from Dundee til then either. :/
Haha lol, switch with me an you will. :P
Sorry I haven't replied for a while btw, I've been at my Grandma's. :smile:

WOOOO WELL DONE!! :biggrin: What is it?
I still haven't booked them. It's been a busy few days! XD
That sucks! But at least you'll get a chance to look at it. :smile: I don't get anything from Dundee til then either. :/
Haha lol, switch with me an you will. :P
Sorry I haven't replied for a while btw, I've been at my Grandma's. :smile:

WOOOO WELL DONE!! :biggrin: What is it?

Haha same :/
Yeah thats true. I'll get to look at bits i didnt see first time around like accomodation.... :smile:
Nah i'm ok.....hehehe :tongue:
Ahh thats fine :smile:
I know!! :biggrin: Thank you :biggrin: Its ABB!!!! I was very shocked as its a top 10 uni but lower than most of my others!! Because of this i'll have to put it as my insurance if i get AAB offer from Leeds....
Haha same :/
Yeah thats true. I'll get to look at bits i didnt see first time around like accomodation.... :smile:
Nah i'm ok.....hehehe :tongue:
Ahh thats fine :smile:
I know!! :biggrin: Thank you :biggrin: Its ABB!!!! I was very shocked as its a top 10 uni but lower than most of my others!! Because of this i'll have to put it as my insurance if i get AAB offer from Leeds....

Yeah, the only accommodation I got to see was Hull. I liked it. :biggrin:
ABB? That's surprising!! And really good. Is there not another one you could get with a lower offer? :s You don't have to accept two offers if you really want to go to Lancaster. :smile: I dunno though, you could always talk to someone at school about it. :smile:
Yeah, the only accommodation I got to see was Hull. I liked it. :biggrin:
ABB? That's surprising!! And really good. Is there not another one you could get with a lower offer? :s You don't have to accept two offers if you really want to go to Lancaster. :smile: I dunno though, you could always talk to someone at school about it. :smile:

The only accomodation i've seen is lancaster and i love it!! :biggrin:
I know!!! I was very surprised due to its stature but im not complaining!!! :tongue: The only other one with a lower offer is BBB and i dont want to go there.... I am more likely to get ABB than AAB though so its not all bad.... :smile:
Yeah. I'll have a think :smile: At the moment anyway I dont even have the offer from leeds so!!
The only accomodation i've seen is lancaster and i love it!! :biggrin:
I know!!! I was very surprised due to its stature but im not complaining!!! :tongue: The only other one with a lower offer is BBB and i dont want to go there.... I am more likely to get ABB than AAB though so its not all bad.... :smile:
Yeah. I'll have a think :smile: At the moment anyway I dont even have the offer from leeds so!!

Haha smiles all round then! :biggrin:
So are you just putting Lanc down or Lanc and the other one? I have no idea what I'm doing, it all depends on Dundee. :P
Is Leeds one that waits until January or not?
Haha smiles all round then! :biggrin:
So are you just putting Lanc down or Lanc and the other one? I have no idea what I'm doing, it all depends on Dundee. :P
Is Leeds one that waits until January or not?

Yeah :biggrin:
No i'll put another down as well. Lancaster will be my insurance (Sadly) and leeds my firm if i get an offer, or sheffield if not (but then i dont even have an offer from there yet so!!) I can't really say until i have all my offers.... :smile:
Yeah i think so. Not many people have an offer from leeds for maths yet so...
Reply 578
I'm still eagerly waiting for an offer from Lancaster..I'm so nervous that I won't get one! It was my favorite uni choice for me and I'm scared that because I haven't got an offer yet (I submitted my UCAS on the 5th of December aha..Late compared to some people but not my fault..Getting my teachers to cooperate was hell) that I won't get one at all.

Do I need to worry that it's taking ages for them to get back to me?
Original post by Roloo
I'm still eagerly waiting for an offer from Lancaster..I'm so nervous that I won't get one! It was my favorite uni choice for me and I'm scared that because I haven't got an offer yet (I submitted my UCAS on the 5th of December aha..Late compared to some people but not my fault..Getting my teachers to cooperate was hell) that I won't get one at all.

Do I need to worry that it's taking ages for them to get back to me?

No no dont worry!
Most unis will have closed over the christmas period and only just re-opened and they may not even have seen your application yet due to the time you sent it off.
I sent mine off at the beginning of november and got an offer only a couple of weeks ago so... theres plenty of time!
What did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest