The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

ANY bath applicants or bath students???

I am choosing between bath and lancaster, bath sounds to be a better choice coz it is of better reputation and stuffs. it gives me an offer as early as october after i hv sent my application for a few days....
can bath applicants or bath students tell me more about the accomodation fee or business courses, as well as rankings of bath???
talking about rankings, i hv searched for like a million times, and i feel like"wt?!" when bath is like one hunred and sth on the world uni ranking....so yea can anyone tell me more:s-smilie::s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey im new to this union.. but i have also received an offer from Bath for Bsc. Management starting this year ..... Personally i would not recommend u go by the rankings as they vary drastically time to time and cant give you a good picture at all .... Although i was also looking for some info on the managment course so if anybody can help us out!!!
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Nikstar95
Hey im new to this union.. but i have also received an offer from Bath for Bsc. Management starting this year ..... Personally i would not recommend u go by the rankings as they vary drastically time to time and cant give you a good picture at all .... Although i was also looking for some info on the managment course so if anybody can help us out!!!

What other unis have u applied???:biggrin:
Have a look on the University of Bath site because there is loads of information on there about accommodation costs and living costs in Bath. There is also a lot of information about what is available in the City.

DD considered Bath and Lancaster and loved both campuses. Bath wanted higher grades though - in the end Bath was first choice because she felt she liked the City better than Lancaster and it was also easier to get to London, Birmingham and Southampton for flights.

Lancaster offers accommodation throughout your course I believe, whereas in Bath you have to move out into a house/flat.

You really need to have a good look around the sites - don't focus on prestige - focus on course content and select on that basis.
Reply 4
Original post by Someone's mum
Have a look on the University of Bath site because there is loads of information on there about accommodation costs and living costs in Bath. There is also a lot of information about what is available in the City.

DD considered Bath and Lancaster and loved both campuses. Bath wanted higher grades though - in the end Bath was first choice because she felt she liked the City better than Lancaster and it was also easier to get to London, Birmingham and Southampton for flights.

Lancaster offers accommodation throughout your course I believe, whereas in Bath you have to move out into a house/flat.

You really need to have a good look around the sites - don't focus on prestige - focus on course content and select on that basis.

I get wt you mean, but the problem is that i am from HK....i cant simply go to these unis LOL plus i will hv accomodation no matter wt coz i am international student i guess????
hmmm idk
Reply 5
Original post by centregirl

:s-smilie:
Ive got offers from :

Lancaster
Exeter
Durham
Bath
Warwick

Although im not keen on goin to the first 3 ... my main aim is either bath or warwick n ive got unconditional offers from both so now its jus really my call!!:biggrin:

Ive spoken to alot of local counsellors n they jus keep sayin that bath and warwick are the same in all aspects!!!
Reply 6

:s-smilie:
Ive got offers from :

Lancaster
Exeter
Durham
Bath
Warwick

Although im not keen on goin to the first 3 ... my main aim is either bath or warwick n ive got unconditional offers from both so now its jus really my call!!:biggrin:

Ive spoken to alot of local counsellors n they jus keep sayin that bath and warwick are the same in all aspects!!!
Reply 7
I get wt you mean, but the problem is that i am from HK....i cant simply go to these unis LOL plus i will hv accomodation no matter wt coz i am international student i guess????
hmmm idk

I also have a similar case... Im from India n ive never even seen these colleges before so i need some good advise before i make a decision!!
Reply 8
I also have a similar case... Im from India n ive never even seen these colleges before so i need some good advise before i make a decision!!

hahaha u really have persuaded me to choose bathhhhhh
idk but the reason why i like bath more than warwick is because of its tuition fee......and the placement of course.
warwick is better in terms of reputation tho....
pray for my public exam please wanna be unimates in bathhhh!
Reply 9
hahaha u really have persuaded me to choose bathhhhhh
idk but the reason why i like bath more than warwick is because of its tuition fee......and the placement of course.
warwick is better in terms of reputation tho....
pray for my public exam please wanna be unimates in bathhhh!

LOL sure :smile:.. I'll add your exams to my prayer list!!

Thats exactly wer im stuck up bcoz i love the placement year and bath by itself but the fact that warwick has better reputation out here willl really help me out in my future.....:eek:

But all in all I hav a gut feeling Bath will be a much better place n I'm prettty sure i will firm it by the end of the week.... Hope to see u there... unimate :P !!
Reply 10
Thats exactly wer im stuck up bcoz i love the placement year and bath by itself but the fact that warwick has better reputation out here willl really help me out in my future.....:eek:

I think you're more likely to do better in your studies if you love where you study rather than studying somewhere due to its reputation. That extra reputation of Warwick will only go so far to help your future.
Reply 11
Original post by Angelus
I think you're more likely to do better in your studies if you love where you study rather than studying somewhere due to its reputation. That extra reputation of Warwick will only go so far to help your future.

Thankz for the advice :smile: ... I guess that almost seals my decision of going to Bath!!

By the way do u know of any management students at Bath??

Thankz again!!
Reply 12
By the way do u know of any management students at Bath??

Not in particular, no. Perhaps a management student will see your post. I shall hope so.
Enjoy Bath. :h:
Reply 13
my exam should be ON TOP of ur list!!!!!!!!!!
i am still thinking of which uni to put as my firm and insurance, will that make a difference??
i guess bath is good in terms of business, tgt with the placement part, ur future should be of no worries :P
arghhhhh i really wanna get into bathhhhh!!!!!!!! get rid of hong kong at least.....

LOL sure :smile:.. I'll add your exams to my prayer list!!

But all in all I hav a gut feeling Bath will be a much better place n I'm prettty sure i will firm it by the end of the week.... Hope to see u there... unimate :P !!
Reply 14
Original post by Angelus
Not in particular, no. Perhaps a management student will see your post. I shall hope so.
Enjoy Bath. :h:

Thankz a lot !!! :biggrin:

Yeh ... evn i hope some management student will magically appear n help me out.... LOL!! :smile:

Thankz again for help!!! :smile:
Reply 15
my exam should be ON TOP of ur list!!!!!!!!!!
i am still thinking of which uni to put as my firm and insurance, will that make a difference??
i guess bath is good in terms of business, tgt with the placement part, ur future should be of no worries :P
arghhhhh i really wanna get into bathhhhh!!!!!!!! get rid of hong kong at least.....

Dont worry I'll manage to squeeze it in the top 3 !!! :tongue:

Yeh it will make a alot of difference!!.. because den if ur firm accepts u your insurance will be automatically rejected!!! So choose wisely!!! :cool:

Yeh the placement is the reason why i chose Bath!!! :smile:

LOL... study hard looking forward to meeting u at Bath!!!

Wich course hav u applied for at Bath??
Reply 16
thankkkkkks hahaha if we really can be unimates u gotta celebrate my success in public exam by buying me a nice dinner or sth :P
i will say i am not confident with the warwick conditions, but the course offered by warwick is basically one of the best courses on earth i will say, so what should i do srsly:s-smilie: bath is also good of course, but i am merely taking BBA which isnt as prestigious as the warwick one.......help me

u taking business as well??

Dont worry I'll manage to squeeze it in the top 3 !!! :tongue:

Yeh it will make a alot of difference!!.. because den if ur firm accepts u your insurance will be automatically rejected!!! So choose wisely!!! :cool:

Yeh the placement is the reason why i chose Bath!!! :smile:

LOL... study hard looking forward to meeting u at Bath!!!

Wich course hav u applied for at Bath??
Reply 17
thankkkkkks hahaha if we really can be unimates u gotta celebrate my success in public exam by buying me a nice dinner or sth :P
i will say i am not confident with the warwick conditions, but the course offered by warwick is basically one of the best courses on earth i will say, so what should i do srsly:s-smilie: bath is also good of course, but i am merely taking BBA which isnt as prestigious as the warwick one.......help me

u taking business as well??

LOL... surely will do.... We will celebrate in style :cool: ... My treat!!!:biggrin:

Yep ... i also have applied for the BBA at Bath and Bsc. managemnt at Warwick!!!

Hmmm we both are riding in the same boat... i too hav the same confusion as u.... i guess its better if u dont take any decisions now ... wen will u get ur results for the public exam..... if u can wait .... den u can see if u hav fuflfilled ur conditions for warwick n den take a decision....

I'm goin to meet a counsellor in a few hours n will be bak in like 4-5 hours.... I'll post all the details of our conversation over here .. maybe that mite help u!!! :smile:

Yeh prestige wise warwick is better but the placement year will really boost ur job prospects in the future as a n employer would really chek the skills u hav gained and not the prestige of your uni!!! :redface:
Reply 18
my warwick course is international management, so its even harder to get in....
so i am really in a dilemmaaaaaa
why dun you inbox me??? will inbox u my email address and we can talk in emails ok???:biggrin:
i will get my results in july

LOL... surely will do.... We will celebrate in style :cool: ... My treat!!!:biggrin:

Yep ... i also have applied for the BBA at Bath and Bsc. managemnt at Warwick!!!

Hmmm we both are riding in the same boat... i too hav the same confusion as u.... i guess its better if u dont take any decisions now ... wen will u get ur results for the public exam..... if u can wait .... den u can see if u hav fuflfilled ur conditions for warwick n den take a decision....

I'm goin to meet a counsellor in a few hours n will be bak in like 4-5 hours.... I'll post all the details of our conversation over here .. maybe that mite help u!!! :smile:

Yeh prestige wise warwick is better but the placement year will really boost ur job prospects in the future as a n employer would really chek the skills u hav gained and not the prestige of your uni!!! :redface:
Reply 19
my warwick course is international management, so its even harder to get in....
so i am really in a dilemmaaaaaa
why dun you inbox me??? will inbox u my email address and we can talk in emails ok???:biggrin:
i will get my results in july

Okay I' ll do that.... I got you message so will chat through e-mail now...

OHH international management thats a good course but isn't necessary to take up a language in the second year???

July is quite far away!!!! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending