The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Mature Students Accommodation Choices 2012

I'll be 23 when I start my degree at Manchester and I'm worried about what to do for my accommodation. In offence to nobody, my younger brother is 18 and we're worlds apart in terms of attitudes etc. So the idea of living with someone his age is a tad worrying for me. Are any of you going into halls or renting your own accom? In all honesty this is so new to me I'm completely out of my depth in deciding. I'm not that sure of my options So any advice would be most welcome.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
I have asked UoM to consider me for housing in post-graduate halls although they won't be able to guarantee it. It might be a viable option.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
I was 27 when starting and have lived in Lambert Halls which is undergrad accommodation. It's definitely been the right option. Brilliant location and much quieter than Fallowfield (though the option to go down to Fallowfield for the occasional night-out is available). There are two problems though, first is that it's very expensive, the second is that you're living over from a railway bridge and a nursery so if you'd ever like to sleep in, there's no chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending