The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bullet Knuckle
the question is .. why did she decline him sex.. can some up clear this up for me

Because she was tired/drunk/ill/just wasn't horny. Why is that so hard to imagine.
Original post by newts2k
what....is he trying to be a white knight? lol

no mate, im often told i am feminine in my approach to some things, but i put it to having 5 sisters and being brought up with women.

im not gay either by the way. You think just because I defend this woman and women who are raped I must be a 'white knight'? you must have been brought up by some misogynists. I have been reading through and the majority of people agree the guy is a disgrace and that it doesnt matter who it is and what situation you are in with them you do not rape them. he raped her whilst she was pregnant and recovering from a cesarean, he obviously doesnt care about hurting her.

yet the usual suspects as I said before are defending him :cool:
Original post by tweeeed
tbh, i would feel rather hard done by if i didn't have sex on my wedding night.

maybe, still doesnt give you an excuse to rape your wife.
Every thread I see aspiringlawstudent posting in he talks like a knob. Can you imagine having him as your solicitor lol.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Every thread I see aspiringlawstudent posting in he talks like a knob. Can you imagine having him as your solicitor lol.

I'm always stopping myself from replying to him lol. This time I couldn't help myself. Though normally the other decent people around start telling him why he's wrong anyway :smile:
Original post by S-man10
Oh get off your high horses. Witch hunts aren't being organised here. As already mentioned, the application of the ideology will be defended if one were to end up in a jury box, but the fact of the matter is that the accused man's actions disgusting and unethical.

Who knows, as you say, he could be proven innocent, but hey, he was simply "proven" innocent... on the other hand, is he really?

You're never proven innocent, you're simply proven guilty or not. Innocence is the default state. I could accuse you of all kinds of slanderous things, but the fact of the matter is that they wouldn't be your actions unless I provided some evidence. That's how civilised society works, and in my opinion it's something worth getting on a high horse about.
Name and shame this ****er.
Oh for goodness sake the idiots on the thread make me fear for humanity. He raped her because he wanted to control like most rapists. Like others have pointed out if he was that desperate he could have gone to a prostitute or masturbated and he would have got more sex overall anyway if he'd simply waited.

He obviously manipulated and brainwashed her to get her to stay. That is the nature of abuse! There is never any excuse for rape. It's just wrong end of.
Original post by Moiraclaire
Those are reasons to get over a person's personality, but surely you could not marry someone who you don't want to have sex with ? That would benefit no one.

Wanting sex =/= love. I know plenty of people who have sex with people they only met hours ago. Conversely, I'm a romantic asexual, ie, I do develop romantic feelings for people but have no desire for sexual relations - should I never have a relationship because I won't want to have sex with them?

Even in a loving, sexual marriage, I can't imagine the two parties are up for it all the time, whatever the situation? For example, following major surgery... :erm:
Original post by badcheesecrispy
maybe, still doesnt give you an excuse to rape your wife.

He never said he would rape his wife though, he would probably feel a little annoyed as most people do have sex on their wedding night :yy:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Phalanges
You're never proven innocent, you're simply proven guilty or not. Innocence is the default state. I could accuse you of all kinds of slanderous things, but the fact of the matter is that they wouldn't be your actions unless I provided some evidence. That's how civilised society works, and in my opinion it's something worth getting on a high horse about.

Yeah but, this is just a forum where people are just discussing how the supposed actions are terrible. We have no power over the case. We don't know what evidence there is. There's no point us saying, 'this might have happened, this might not have happened' ... we don't even know their names. Nothing's going to happen from this discussion for the man and woman involved in this case.
None of us have any idea whether the man did these things or not. The article doesn't tell us what evidence has been presented. I'm surprised how people are prepared to assume that everything the woman says is true.

I would want to see the evidence before reaching a conclusion. However my gut reaction is that some of the allegations are untrue or exaggurated. On the one hand, she claims she was so drunk that she passed out during sex. On the other hand, she claims she explained to him "just because I am married I still have the right to say no" and remembers this two years later. To me this sounds unlikely. People don't normally make reasoned statements about their rights while passing in and out of consciousness.
(edited 11 years ago)
Whilst I find it odd that she refused sex from her husband, his actions are disgusting and hopefully he will be brought to justice.
Original post by Multitalented me
He never said he would rape his wife though, he would probably feel a little annoyed as most people do have sex on their wedding night :yy:

how do you know this, have you spent many a night in a newly wedded couples closet?
Original post by jacketpotato
None of us have any idea whether the man did these things or not. The article doesn't tell us what evidence has been presented. I'm surprised how people are prepared to assume that everything the woman says is true.

I would want to see the evidence before reaching a conclusion, but my gut reaction is that the woman is massively exaggurating. On the one hand, the woman claims she was so drunk on her wedding night that she passed out during sex. On the other hand, she claims she explained to him that "just because I am married I still have the right to say no" and remembers this two years later. I find it difficult to believe that she made a reasoned statement about her rights while passing in and out of consciousness. It also sounds very unlikely that the man raped her whilst she had stiches following having a baby just because he had a sense of "entitlement".

im assuming your pretty young because two years is not long for an adult relationship, let alone marriage

its likely and seems the abuse got worse as she was married, and after a very little time of 2 years she is in court. not forgetting it often takes many months for a trial especially one such as this to get to court.

think before you post please
Sometimes I really think our hormones fcuks us over... :sigh:

I also agree, if I were the guy I would ask, ask again, if she says no then just walk away and do something else, the last thing I want is to hurt someone I love.
im assuming your pretty young because two years is not long for an adult relationship, let alone marriage

its likely and seems the abuse got worse as she was married, and after a very little time of 2 years she is in court. not forgetting it often takes many months for a trial especially one such as this to get to court.

think before you post please

"its likely"? How can you possibly know that. Everything she says might be true, it could be grossly exaggurated, it could be slightly exaggurated or it could be made up to help her win sole custody of the kid. We don't know.
Original post by takethyfacehence
Yeah but, this is just a forum where people are just discussing how the supposed actions are terrible. We have no power over the case. We don't know what evidence there is. There's no point us saying, 'this might have happened, this might not have happened' ... we don't even know their names. Nothing's going to happen from this discussion for the man and woman involved in this case.

There is a point in exercising restraint. The first page of this thread is filled with people convinced of the man's guilt, without a single post suggesting his innocence based on the fact that he didn't do it. The very title of this thread is conclusive. This isn't critical thinking or even discussion, this is mindless mob mentality.
how do you know this, have you spent many a night in a newly wedded couples closet?

Why do u think just cos the guy pointed out that the perpetrator was probs a little annoyed means that he is somehow justifying this act :rolleyes: And I don't know 100% I'm just going by what I've heard lots of people say. Everyone always seems to agree with the majority these days anyway :yy:
Original post by jacketpotato

I would want to see the evidence before reaching a conclusion. However my gut reaction is that some of the allegations are untrue or exaggurated. On the one hand, she claims she was so drunk that she passed out during sex. On the other hand, she claims she explained to him "just because I am married I still have the right to say no" and remembers this two years later. To me this sounds unlikely. People don't normally make reasoned statements about their rights while passing in and out of consciousness.

Actually i know a few girls who are drunk when people try it on, and they do say things like this. Also we cant really judge how drunk she is, when you are drunk you can remember the oddest things and as that probably would have been a particularly scary moment for her, thinking the man she loved and trusted was about to force his dick in her when she didnt want it, is it really any suprise she remembered it?

Latest

Trending

Trending