The Student Room Group

screwing up my final year exams...

i had averaged low firsts in my essays (74%)... All this is now gone to waste. I was hoping for a first, but I can put a cross on it now. :frown: I am so angry at my recent performance: went back home to check my notes and realised I did not mention so many crucial points. I had panicked so much I just wrote something meaningless and unstructured.
How can I wait till results day? Everyday is horrible :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by itzme
i had averaged low firsts in my essays (74%)... All this is now gone to waste. I was hoping for a first, but I can put a cross on it now. :frown: I am so angry at my recent performance: went back home to check my notes and realised I did not mention so many crucial points. I had panicked so much I just wrote something meaningless and unstructured.
How can I wait till results day? Everyday is horrible :frown:

Errr why does getting a low first mean that you have screwed up? A 74% is still a first so i can't see where the problem is?
Reply 2
Original post by dreamer247
Errr why does getting a low first mean that you have screwed up? A 74% is still a first so i can't see where the problem is?

this is what I got for my essays. As the exams are worth roughly 50%, they are going to bring my overall grade so down!
Reply 3
Original post by dreamer247

No the OP is saying they were getting low firsts in their essays, but they think they did badly in their exams.

Don't worry about it, you can't change the past and you have done your best. If you did that well on your essays then you must be a good student, so it's unlikely you have done that badly.

Plus, I know it would be upsetting for you to miss getting a first over all, but you can put your module marks on your CV which will impress employers. Your overall mark doesn't really matter much at all. You should be proud of yourself for doing so well, don't focus on negatives, focus on the positives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending