The Student Room Group

Kissing platonic friends on the cheek?

I know its just a fun thing, but I never really know what to do. Like when you're posing for the camera do you just get your lips close enough to show that you've kissed or do you do a normal, non sexual peck?

And whats the best way to pose when you're the one being kissed other than looking away and pouting (I can't pull it off) ?

# over analyzation
Reply 1
I mean about friends of the opposite sex
Reply 2
Normal, non-sexual peck sometimes if there's no problem with it - if they're also feeling playful, they give one back; I don't think anyone minds too much if it's not passionate
(edited 11 years ago)
Over analysing very much I think.

This post misused the anon function. Before posting anonymously, please read the H&R guidelines -http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...ips_Guidelines
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Krish4791
Normal, non-sexual peck sometimes if there's no problem with it - if they're also feeling playful, they give one back; I don't think anyone minds too much if it's not passionate

So what about other times? and does that mean that some may have a problem with it? also do guys usually initiate it or girls? I, as a guy would have no interest in something like that unless I was quite drunk.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
So what about other times? and does that mean that some may have a problem with it? also do guys usually initiate it or girls? I, as a guy would have no interest in something like that unless I was quite drunk.

Ok just to clarify I meant "most of the time" rather than "sometimes", and sure of course some girls may have a problem with it and misinterpret it as you liking them. Thirdly, I suppose girls do it more than guys - my girl friends gave me couple of pecks and I responded for a photo so I suppose guys tend not to initiate that sort of thing. Other thing is, if you're going to give someone a platonic kiss, make sure they are feeling in a good mood. If they're not, then this could once again be open to misinterpretation.
Reply 6
Original post by Krish4791
Ok just to clarify I meant "most of the time" rather than "sometimes", and sure of course some girls may have a problem with it and misinterpret it as you liking them. Thirdly, I suppose girls do it more than guys - my girl friends gave me couple of pecks and I responded for a photo so I suppose guys tend not to initiate that sort of thing. Other thing is, if you're going to give someone a platonic kiss, make sure they are feeling in a good mood. If they're not, then this could once again be open to misinterpretation.

By responded you mean you kissed them back, or posed for the photo ?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
By responded you mean you kissed them back, or posed for the photo ?

I mean I kissed them back
Reply 8
It's very common with some people, some give big kisses, some fake it, generally you only do it with someone you're close to but I've had strangers do it for photo's many times.. generally it's only girls that initiate the photo cheek kiss.. I can only think of once that a guy initiated it, and he was a housemate with platonic feelings only. It's very friendly, done by confident people.. I wouldn't read too much into it unless it lingers, and obviously so.
In Europe, friends greet/depart in this way all the time I've noticed, especially the French and Spanish students. They will always greet each other with a peck on each cheek.
British people expressing emotion in public? The start of the downfall of civilisation in this country. Whatever next, we'll be dressing appropriately in hot weather and speaking the local language when on holiday abroad!
Reply 11
Original post by barnetlad
British people expressing emotion in public? The start of the downfall of civilisation in this country. Whatever next, we'll be dressing appropriately in hot weather and speaking the local language when on holiday abroad!

Don't be a fool! A fool I say!
Threads like this never cease to amaze me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending