The Student Room Group

The Non League Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

Aylesbury look bloody awful right now, lost 1-0 at "home" to Stourbridge, barely even mustered a shot all game. Really terrible match
Superb win for Bedford town away to Eastbourne beating them 3-0
Todays conference Results

Aldershot 0-0 Altrincham

Forest Green 2-1 Stafford Rangers

Gravesend 0-0 Dag & Red

Grays Athletic 0-1 Morecambe

Kidderminster 0-1 Crawley Town

Oxford Utd 2-0 York

Rushden & D'monds 1-2 Burton Albion

Southport 0-1 Exeter

Stevenage 2-1 Halifax

Tamworth 0-1 Cambridge Utd

Weymouth 2-1 St Albans

Also the 2nd Qualifying round of the FA Cup was today
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/results/default.stm
Imagine the Metropolitan Police team reaching the first round of the FA Cup and beating a team like Bradford :biggrin:
Reply 44
The Brewers are up to 3rd in the Conference now after 5 straight wins. :biggrin: I would still be happy with a top 8 finish, and hopefully we'll be in division 3 within 5 years, but not just yet.
Car Expert
Imagine the Metropolitan Police team reaching the first round of the FA Cup and beating a team like Bradford :biggrin:

If Chasetown could do i'm sure the Met Police could lol
lol... yes! Let's see if they can beat Molesey in the FA Trophy...

Crawley Town are off the bottom of the Conference table for the first time this season, after a 4-0 thrashing of Morecambe.
Thats great for Crawley to be off the bottom finally, just hope they survive, because last i heard their owners were not so keen to sell to a group who wants to take them over.

Bedford draw at home to Dorchester today 1-1.

Oxford gave Forest Green a good hammering away from home 5-1, surely no one will stop them.
Carl1982
Oxford gave Forest Green a good hammering away from home 5-1, surely no one will stop them.
Yep, probably not...

Dagenhan & Redbridge look good at the moment... imagine them in the Football League :p:
Reply 49
Car Expert
Dagenhan & Redbridge look good at the moment... imagine them in the Football League :p:

Well, they should be...damn Steve Evans. :mad:

I've got fond memories of Dagenham, touching Duane Darby's head! Those were the days, but now we're (Diamonds) back. To be honest, never really liked the Football league anyway! :p: Non-league's so much better!
Dagenham were cheated out of that by Boston, they should have thrown Boston straight out.
Reply 51
Hey Archduke. Were you at the diamonds match against the mighty brewers last saturday?
Reply 52
stale88
Hey Archduke. Were you at the diamonds match against the mighty brewers last saturday?

No, I wasn't. :frown: It was the day I had to move up to Uni, so I missed it. Saw a Brewers' camper-van though; complete with blow-up doll! I'm going to miss a lot of games this season :frown: :mad: Stupid Education!
Oxford couldn't beat 10-man Kidderminster. It's now 4 points between them and Dagenham.
They didn't lose though but Dagenham look quite good this year, good win in front of the sky camera's for Woking last night.
Reply 55
Diamonds lose again; it's now 1 point from a possible 18. Not looking good.
I can tell you now that Kings Lynn will be southern premier league champions this year. After seeing them demolish us (Hemel) 5-1 last week they are a cut above the rest.
I would just like to give a huge big-up to my local non-league side, Bromley FC, who are riding high at the top of the Ryman Premier with 24 points, four points clear of second, and 7 clear of AFC Wimbledon.
No not good for Rushden, its a shame because they ain't that far from here and it was nice when they got all the way up to League One, but what did them was when they lost all that financial backing they had.

On Chewitt's post i have to say i quite fancied Kings Lynn at the start of the season they are looking strong and they are well supported.

On Bushboy's comment it is nice to see a team from Kent doing well.

Tomorrow we got the 3rd Qualifying round of the FA Cup, Bedford are home to Moor Green, my loyalities are divided on this one as Bedford is my local team but Moor Green is near where i was born.
Met Police to beat Fisher tonight :p:

Quick Reply

Latest