The Student Room Group

University College Utrecht

Scroll to see replies

I haven't even sent my application yet, but thanks, same to you.
You do realize that the deadline was approximately a month ago. Or is this for deferred entry? :smile:

Thank you
*points at signature* it's for 2009.
:smile:
Oh okay, good luck with your application!
Thanks, which ones are you applying to? UCM, UCU and RA?
Just UCU :smile:, I really enjoyed the city when I visited it in the summer. Especially the designer stores hehe :biggrin:, I am quite a shopaholic. Hence, also London!
Which in London? Maastricht shopping is really good too!!! Have you been there? I don't think Middelburg has many shops lol, haven't been there though but you know how people seem to think of Zeeland :p:
London School of Economics :smile: And yes I have been to Maastricht but only briefly, perhaps I should take a closer look :biggrin: :biggrin:! Hehe, I have never been to Zeeland! But I can't imagine it being too happening either :p:! But if worst comes to worst, I can always fly to Paris or Milan and shop there :biggrin:! I spend way too much money on clothes hehe! Do you like shopping :smile:?
essygal1990
London School of Economics :smile: And yes I have been to Maastricht but only briefly, perhaps I should take a closer look :biggrin: :biggrin:! Hehe, I have never been to Zeeland! But I can't imagine it being too happening either :p:! But if worst comes to worst, I can always fly to Paris or Milan and shop there :biggrin:! I spend way too much money on clothes hehe! Do you like shopping :smile:?

Haha YES! (Who doesn't?!?) lol. But Maastricht is a really nice city, I just don't like that you can't live on campus, since there is none. :frown:
I think for first years Campus would be better to get used to everything, so I'll probably go with UCU or RA.
margsch
Haha YES! (Who doesn't?!?) lol. But Maastricht is a really nice city, I just don't like that you can't live on campus, since there is none. :frown:
I think for first years Campus would be better to get used to everything, so I'll probably go with UCU or RA.

I think both have their advantages and disadvantages, but I really like UCU. Especially because of the courses they offer :smile:
Reply 30
essygal1990
Anyways, mbrakel it does seem rather off! :biggrin: I applied for Management at LSE :smile:. All we can do is hope, but hopefully we will not have to wait till the 30th of March!

No indeed!

essygal1990
And yes I have been to Maastricht but only briefly, perhaps I should take a closer look !

Hm, lots of old people in Maastricht (!). And its quite small as well. It does have this international feel to it though...

Middelburg. Well. Thats in Zeeland... :frown:
Has anyone received an invitation for an interview yet? They said that they should be coming through in late January :smile:
I have this feeling I know you mbrakel. You are a guy right? :P:
Awesome, a UCU thread! :biggrin:

I intend to apply next year, but I'm not sure whether I should apply to UCU or RA. Is it possible to apply to both? :P I went to visit UCU and it looked a bit... sterile and plain to me. I'm sure it's a very fun place, but it didn't come across to me like that *shrugs* On the other hand, it's supposed to be superior to RA and UCM in terms of teaching, etc. So, like I said, still trying to decide ^^
Hipparchia
Awesome, a UCU thread! :biggrin:

I intend to apply next year, but I'm not sure whether I should apply to UCU or RA. Is it possible to apply to both? :P I went to visit UCU and it looked a bit... sterile and plain to me. I'm sure it's a very fun place, but it didn't come across to me like that *shrugs* On the other hand, it's supposed to be superior to RA and UCM in terms of teaching, etc. So, like I said, still trying to decide ^^

Well I would say go visit RA :smile:. And, correct me if I am wrong, I think that it is more than possible to apply to all three honor programs. I am not too helpful in this respect though, because I haven't visited any of the universities :p:. I have heard that UCU is superior in most respects.
Reply 35
essygal1990
I have this feeling I know you mbrakel. You are a guy right? :P:

Jup, I am a guy. My first name is Mark. Who are you?

And, it is indeed possible to apply to all three. UCU is often deemed superior because of its location and because its the oldest. However, RA got best student satisfaction results of all unis in NL.
essygal1990
Well I would say go visit RA

I'm going to visit UCM on the 25th and RA is next on my list!

mbrakel
And, it is indeed possible to apply to all three.

Awesome! It can't harm to apply to all three of them, niet geschoten is altijd mis!

How did you guys hear about Liberal Arts and Sciences? I had heard about it from a classmate whose brother goes to UCU, but I didn't understand diddly-squat about the courses, etc. When I was in Utrecht to visit the UU open day, I saw a Roosevelt Acamedy stand and I absolutely fell in love with it!
'diddly-squat' hahahha. that's funny :smile:
Reply 38
Im a third year UCU, biomedical/premed/Science major, and went abroad to California (at Berkeley) last year, and well, stumbled upon this thread because I was looking for some info on London unis for my master.

As for the difference between UCM, RA and UCU.. There's an education-philosophy/style difference between UCM and RA/UCU. RA/UCU are basically similar, with most of the courses offered at both colleges (with an exception for information tech which isnt here at UCU). UCM is more problem-based and it seems more an integral part of the University of Maastricht without additional accomodation arranged etc. But well, never visited Maastricht, and I only applied for UCU.

UCU and RA are mainly different in facilities they offer: UCU has a campus and dining hall, wheras RA students live in the city (I think) and do not have a campus-style scenery. An important difference are the cities of course. UCU is in Utrecht, one of the better (and Im sure this is partly my biased opinion) student-cities, with the largest Uni (the UU, where you can take courses if you need to, another plus) and a large professional school, so that there's a good student life.

Middelburg on the other hand doesnt have a professional school or university and is much smaller than Utrecht.

But, if you're from the UK I guess it makes most sense to just come by and have a look/tour around the UCU campus or RA.
Has somebody already received an answer from UCU?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending