The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6840
Bezzler
I'm sorry, I'm in Italy for the summer so have very limited internet access! Sorry for doing something productive with my life.

I'm back in Ox next Sunday to plan freshers' week for Mertonians! Woo! Also to do all that vac reading I haven't started.

a.k.a. 'the longest pub library crawl in the western world'
cpchem

:rofl:
The_Lonely_Goatherd

Remember that this year is as much (if not more so) about you enjoying your last year at Woosta as it is about Finals :yes:

I know - that makes it worse coz if I'd gotten on top of my work I could enjoy this year, and I feel like I really haven't made the most of it so I really want to. So I am even more frustrated with myself for being so ****
dinkymints
I know - that makes it worse coz if I'd gotten on top of my work I could enjoy this year, and I feel like I really haven't made the most of it so I really want to. So I am even more frustrated with myself for being so ****

Well it can be extremely hard to self-motivate even when you're there, let alone when you're outta the pressure cooker! Just try not to beat yourself up too much, or go nuts. You don't wanna be the next me, after all :nah:
I've failed at posting this summer too... :sad:

I'm back next Tuesday though! Back early for pre season death camp
i can't go back until 0th, which is frustrating because i have two vac essays and i find it much harder to work at home than in oxford.

i had some weird dream last night that i went to cambridge to get some work done and that cambridge was much less friendly, everybody stood in huddles talking and excluded me. hahaha
Reply 6846
Well, I'm in Kathmandu and I have no collections. I think I win this thread.
laeti
Well, I'm in Kathmandu and I have no collections. I think I win this thread.

:woo: :yep: :woo:
Reply 6848
cpchem

Hmph. :sigh:

There was already a comment about our bops in the Cherwell, in the freshers' glossary thing. I wasn't impressed.
Reply 6849
Can one go over that bridge behind Wolfson.
Reply 6850
Athena
As far as I know, sure. I have.

Did you have to go through Wolfson to get to it. I have only seen it from Google Maps.
Bloody Tamburlaine. Am not finding it easy to work today :frown:
Just noticed that Magdalen are top of the Norrington for the first time ever. Merton down to 3rd, maybe our reputation as being over-academic will diminish a little! :wink:
Reply 6853
Athena

Yes, I just walked into the college (easy college to crash ever), out onto the river bank, and then over the bridge. There's a nature reserve on the other side.

This sounds fun. I might do this since I have the week off and very little planned.
1300ish words in French feels sooooo long. I haven't written in French since A-levels and that was like 300-odd words max. And it was literature so there was stuff to write about. I'm on 152 and I neeeed to get this out of the way so I can attempt to make some sort of notes on texts I haven't looked at for 2 years in order to not totally fail my collection and annoy my lovely tutor. And then next week when I get back to Oxford I have to somehow write a lit essay from scratch (no reading or anything done before) in 3 days. Then in Freshers' week try to revise the (not enough) notes I have managed to make for my collection.

Eeeeek. I have such good intentions to be a good student and work hard this year rather than wasting all my time putting off doing work and therefore not having any fun either, but I just cannot sit down and work for more than about 15 minutes without losing concentration. Any tips????
Reply 6855
Athena
I sometimes unplug my ethernet cable for that. Or come up with a playlist on iTunes that I won't flick through or sing along to.

Another trick is to work at really antisocial hours so that nobody is awake to distract you.
cpchem
Another trick is to work at really antisocial hours so that nobody is awake to distract you.

Yeah but then often I end up just getting tired and going to sleep lol. And Athena I do give my ethernet cable to a friend/work in the kitchen in Oxford sometimes which does help a bit but now I have an iphone and also I'm still at home atm which means wifi... basically I am just rubbish at disciplining myself and let myself off far too easily! Once I finally get down to it I'm not too bad for the whole 10 or 15 minutes it takes to lose concentration but then I'm right back to square one. I've had exams most years of my life since the age of 11 and I STILL haven't worked out how to make myself work. Although I'm sure I was better when I was younger... definitely got that one the wrong way around!!

*edit* maybe I need hypnotherapy...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6857
Moving in to student house on Saturday. Can't believe summer has ended, it seems like an age since I finished prelims.
80% in Organic resit!!!!!!!! :woo: :woo: Oh my days, I actually got a 1st in something!! I can finally look forward to Freshers' Week properly. :biggrin: Of course, not having looked at Inorganic or Physical all summer is going to make the quantum mechanics tute in for Tuesday of 1st week interesting...
Reply 6859
Jeykayem
80% in Organic resit!!!!!!!! :woo: :woo: Oh my days, I actually got a 1st in something!! I can finally look forward to Freshers' Week properly. :biggrin: Of course, not having looked at Inorganic or Physical all summer is going to make the quantum mechanics tute in for Tuesday of 1st week interesting...

Congratulations!

The quantum will be fiiiiine... don't worry!

Latest

Trending

Trending