The Student Room Group

Where do you all go socially?!

I've lived in Cambridge all my life but on nights out etc I've never met a Cambridge uni student, only Anglia Ruskin! Don't get me wrong, I hardly talk to masses of people when I'm out but just interested to know where your student nights are etc? I tend to go to Revs most the time, and occassionally Fez...but I've heard rumours there's a "posh" club somewhere that only lets you in if you wear tuxedos and posh, silk dresses, I'm praying this is true. Just to stare as people walk in like a peasant.

Anyways where's the local watering hole for all you clever people?
I used to go to The Free Press and The Elm, down Mill Road, to the Emperor and the Empress. Our college had the only tolerable bar because it was student-run and the music was strictly governed by the barman, no jukebox toss. Clubs, in my honest opinion, were garbage. Kambar was best and it was fairly subhuman.
Reply 2
All student nights out are on Sunday-Thursday. The city centre is dominated by townies on Friday and Saturday.
Reply 3
I presume you're thinking of the Pitt Club, but that's very, very exclusive - most Cambridge students don't go there. Generally, people go to Cindies (Ballare), Fez and Revs, but as tommm says, generally they go in the week, and on the weekend are to be found in college bars.

Quick Reply