The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5720
Original post by kopite493
hes 18 that could easily become 14-16

Sadly I got sacked in the game :frown: And now into my first season at Feyenoord my record in the league is DDLLL :frown:
Reply 5721
Original post by Angry cucumber
Other than Keita I've signed youth, Niang and Sanogo are a pretty damn beasty partnership for the reserves atm (both scored a hattrick against burnely reserves :colondollar: ) Shelvey is pretty useful, coming off the bench against the lower down the league teams as is Flanno, Kelly and Coates! :biggrin:

Just need a young left winger then my future looks great (Raheem Stirling on the right wing deffo for the future! :smile: )

As I said I got Afellay in place of Keita, but Niang and Sanogo were my other two signings as well. Except I've been using them in my first team regularly and they put in more of a shift than the senior players. I'm also starting Shelvey more often after he was moaning about not starting games, don't want to lose him so thought I would. Been giving Suso a run out from the subs bench too. Hoping to push my decent youth through early on. Signed a few good youngsters too who are in my U18's/reserves.
Original post by Stirlo
As I said I got Afellay in place of Keita, but Niang and Sanogo were my other two signings as well. Except I've been using them in my first team regularly and they put in more of a shift than the senior players. I'm also starting Shelvey more often after he was moaning about not starting games, don't want to lose him so thought I would. Been giving Suso a run out from the subs bench too. Hoping to push my decent youth through early on. Signed a few good youngsters too who are in my U18's/reserves.

Out of interest do you play Suso, CM or Attacking Midfield centre?

I've tried him at CM (Advanced playmaker) and he did ok but nothing more :smile:

The thing that frustrates me with Niang, is that his finishing is only 10 (he's only 16 as well but I'm fussy :colondollar: ) Which means he takes a lot of shots for his goals. Which means I'm reluctant, for the minute, at giving him a long run in the team.

I've tried him at CM (Advanced playmaker) and he did ok but nothing more :smile:

The thing that frustrates me with Niang, is that his finishing is only 10 (he's only 16 as well but I'm fussy :colondollar: ) Which means he takes a lot of shots for his goals. Which means I'm reluctant, for the minute, at giving him a long run in the team.

Loan niang off. Or use him in the second half or something.
Reply 5724

AMC, he's got quite a few assists for me when he's played, just set to the default role.

Well I expect I'll be sacked if things keep going the way they are. Lost to Wigan 2-1, and threw away a 3-1 lead over 10 men Tottenham. My attempted morale building team meeting failed and half of the first team now has abysmal morale :/
Reply 5725
As said earlier, my Oxford side have been on an absolutely storming run. I set my stall out at the start of the season to just avoid defeats, and anticipated a lower mid-table finish. :colone:

However, things have been going a lot better than anticipated!

League Table.png

Being second in the table has mainly been down to the bigger sides inconsistency and the fact I just went on a rather large unbeaten run (until I annoyingly got trounced 4-1 at Chesterfield :angry:)

Oxford Fixtures.png

Targets for the remainder of the season:
- Retain JP Trophy! (In the final at Walsall)
- Finish in playoffs or higher (Lots of games against bigger sides still to come)
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Rooney back from a broken foot, after being out for 4-5 months. Ease him gently to an FA Cup match against Blackburn (up 6-0 :cool:) in the 75th/80th minute....... gets injured... broken toe out for 2 months. Are you kidding me?! The guy has equalled the league goals record for Man United and won't be able to overtake it until next season now. :indiff:

---
In other news, it's March and I could be on to win all the competitions I entered this season - already won the Community Shield, League Cup, Club World Championship and Euro. Super Cup.... just need to win the Prem (way out ahead), FA Cup (6th round vs a weak Newcastle and if I get through, my main threat is Spurs..) and currently in Champs League quarter final (not yet drawn). Interesting. :holmes:
Also, Muamba signed for West Ham a couple of seasons back. I just played them and very unexpectedly lost 3-2, which was annoying - but Muamba got 2 assists. I got over the loss quickly :h:
6 injuries over one international break.....
Suarez - torn calf
Gerrard - broken ankle
Johnson (not glen, a talented youngster) - torn hamstring
Enrique - broken wrist
Agger - groin stain
Rodriguez - torn hamstring - had just come back from a cruciate injury a few days before and they take him and throw him straight into the team when his condition was like 65% with no match fitness <.<

mfw :facepalm2:
The injuries have really taken it out of Pato. :sad:

He's now 3 star, 25 years old, has 17 finishing, 17 dribbling, 15 acceleration, 17 pace, worth £28m. He's still scoring and is a threat, but he's definitely not the same player, im undecided if I want to sell as I don't think I could buy anyway as good as him without having to develop them for a few years. I have Damiao and Muniain as back up, what would you guys do? :dontknow:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by CB91

He's now 3 star, 25 years old, has 17 finishing, 17 dribbling, 15 acceleration, 17 pace, worth £28m. He's still scoring and is a threat, but he's definitely not the same player, im undecided if I want to sell as I don't think I could buy anyway as good as him without having to develop them for a few years. I have Damiao and Muniain as back up, what would you guys do? :dontknow:

I know that feel bro. He's out for 3 months on my main save and will inevitably pick up more injuries. I'll probably sell at the end of the season and go big on Cavani.
Oh ****. The septuplet is off. Out of the Champions League to Lyon in the quarters :emo:

Doesn't help Hazard, Cavani and Rooney are all out injured. :indiff:
Original post by Mr.Messy
I know that feel bro. He's out for 3 months on my main save and will inevitably pick up more injuries. I'll probably sell at the end of the season and go big on Cavani.

It's so frustrating. In the last 2 seasons he's only made 43 appearances, yet has scored 40 goals. :unimpressed:
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Oh ****. The septuplet is off. Out of the Champions League to Lyon in the quarters :emo:

Doesn't help Hazard, Cavani and Rooney are all out injured. :indiff:

My CL campaign last season was so bi-polar. Topped a group that had Barca in it after beating them 3-1 at the San Siro (whilst limiting them to 3 shots throughout the whole game) and drew at the Nou Camp. Lost 5-1 to Lyon in the first leg of the last 16, then in the second leg I was 2-0 up in 7 minutes and in with a real chance of pulling off the comeback (needed to win 4-0) until my team just couldn't finish to save their lives and the game finished 2-0 though. :facepalm2:
Reply 5734
Just put myself into self-imposed FM exile in an attempt to get some revision done before Uni exams begin :ashamed2:. I wonder whether I'll even manage to make it past midnight.
Original post by CB91

damiao > muniain > pato i cant believe his is even beig debated offload pato and use one of them
For all of Chelsea's money and players, Lampard made 30 apps in the EPL last season at 36 years old. :lolwut:
Reply 5737
I have started 3 different games now and towards the end of August regardless of the team I keep getting a run time error, even if I holiday past the first season. Game is basically broken for me :sigh:
Original post by kopite493
damiao > muniain > pato i cant believe his is even beig debated offload pato and use one of them

Nah, on form its Pato>Damiao>Muniain, but im not sure if its worth putting up with his injuries.
Original post by CB91
Nah, on form its Pato>Damiao>Muniain, but im not sure if its worth putting up with his injuries.

pato 30 goals a season for me

damaio 30 goals plus 20 assists i think your using him wrong :/

Latest