The Student Room Group

Going to the Uni Open Day at the end of year 11

Hi guys! I do realise I might be posting this in a wrong place, but I was only wondering if year 11 students are allowed to go to the University Open Days in Summer? Are year 11 students welcome as well?
Reply 1
Why would you need to?

But yes, I assume you could go.
Reply 2
I used to see a few Y11 students when I did the Durham campus tours. I can't see universities having too much of a problem with it. Is there a particular reason you're wanting to go so early?
Original post by Memphis93
Hi guys! I do realise I might be posting this in a wrong place, but I was only wondering if year 11 students are allowed to go to the University Open Days in Summer? Are year 11 students welcome as well?

no years 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 ,13 are welcome but year 11 are strictly forbidden, its best to forget about what you just posted and all move on
Reply 4
I should think so. I think my brother came on an open day with me and he would have been in year 11 (the beginning of) and went off on his own to look at departments he might be interested in. It allows you to get an idea of the uni. It's good to be thinking in advance :smile:
Yeah, of course you can go. They are open to everyone. In fact, I would advise you see as may universities as possible before you go. I made the wrong decision of going to a university I hadn't visited, and have since regretted it.
Reply 6
Cheers for the quick responses guys! Yeah I've already chosen universities I want to visit in summer! I'm really keen to see what Oxford and Cambridge are like :wink:
A friend of mine in Year 13 visited some unis when she finished her GCSEs and said it was really helpful for her - I was planning on visiting a few this summer, and to be fair it's only one year early :rolleyes:
Dear ****

Open Days are for Year 12 students. One reason is that the Admissions Process and procedures can change, albeit slightly, from year to year. Course structures are constantly reviewed and can change. Prospective applicants can change their mind about the course they wish to study.
Best wishes

Janet (Clare College, Cambridge).
I've already contacted Trinity College Cambridge as well. Have fidelity that I've tried my utmost and with conspicuous determination have endeavoured to distort the Cambridge paradigms regarding whether or not Year 11's should be entitled to view the colleges on Open Day. The least I can say is that you should go and espy the colleges and just roam around.

If this was tl;dr:

Oxbridge, the London Universities and a multi-variety of British Universities are resplendent and gorgeous. Even without attending an assembly or agglomerate of sixth formers to be informed about the subject you patently are educated on a lot more. Sometimes, just to look but not hear is enough. Remit the maxim; "A picture, (or a building) says a thousand words".
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
I went to most of my open days in year 11 and the beginning of year 12 it really helped when making my decisions :smile:
Of course!! universities invite lots of year 11's to days where they put on activities for them so they can get an idea of what to do after A-levels
Original post by Memphis93

They host summer schools for a reason. theres a cambridge one specially for yr 11s as well, sign up now before it closes very soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending