The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

really need to do student finance... when's the deadline?
Reply 1781
Original post by seanfromtheblock
really need to do student finance... when's the deadline?

End of May for me. Not sure if it's different for you.
I need to do student finance.

Original post by thurin
[scroll]Don't forget to vote![/scroll]
[scrollr]:deal:[/scrollr]

Not registered at this address. Don't trust someone else to send your registration paper.

first time I have not participated in democracy when able too.
Voting accomplished, complete with ill-advised Sainsburys run. Hurraaaah. Time to crack on with sleep/avoiding revision. :tongue:

Original post by dbmag9
Otters

I saw this and thought of you, I'm afraid - my mind now links you to the slightest mention of the creatures :h: http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Sea_otter

Oh Liam, you are adorable/amazing. Also you are in Reading, which is near Oxford... :ninja:

What is this? More temptation to visit Oxford?

Original post by Revd. Mike
I regret nothing.

Thank you for that picture. It made me happy :colone:

I've just spent the last 45 minutes looking at pictures of russel tovey, and will probably continue for a good while. You've ruined my revision for the night :mad:
You clearly need to sort out your priorities. Looking at pictures of attractive men is always more important that revision. :fyi:

Original post by Liam_G
I surprised Tom, and managed to keep my plans secret :proud:
His surprised face is hilarious.

PRSOM. You should come down south more - call it preparation for university life :biggrin:
Reply 1784
Hey gays.

I've just spent the last 45 minutes looking at pictures of russel tovey, and will probably continue for a good while. You've ruined my revision for the night :mad:

:awesome:

Original post by Undulipodia
I saw this and thought of you, I'm afraid - my mind now links you to the slightest mention of the creatures :h: http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Sea_otter

What is this? More temptation to visit Oxford?

PRSOM. You should come down south more

I have no problem with being informed every time an otter is cute on the internet. :h:

And yes, you are definitely required to come and visit soon. Going to a better university can only count as revision for you, anyway.

And hur hur hur. :p:
Original post by Lacus
I can't decide! It's down to location really.

I have actually done all of the SF, I just need to send evidence but I don't know anyone who can fill out the other part of it. The one who has to have known you for two years.

I'm also sending off evidence - no passport so I'm going for birth certificate. I already sent it once with my sixth-form administrator's signature, but it came back. Apparently, following the phone call I made, an administrator could be anyone. For this fastidious demand, I must take the form to an actual teacher. I'll probably take mine to my biology teacher of seven years.

How about a dentist or GP? If you've been with the same one for more than two years, he/she would do fine.
Reply 1786
Original post by CraigKirk
I'm also sending off evidence - no passport so I'm going for birth certificate. I already sent it once with my sixth-form administrator's signature, but it came back. Apparently, following the phone call I made, an administrator could be anyone. For this fastidious demand, I must take the form to an actual teacher. I'll probably take mine to my biology teacher of seven years.

How about a dentist or GP? If you've been with the same one for more than two years, he/she would do fine.

Yeah, I asked my GP last week. He said he would check with the practice manager and get back to me to see if it was something he could do. He didn't seem very willing and I haven't heard anything.
Original post by Lacus
Yeah, I asked my GP last week. He said he would check with the practice manager and get back to me to see if it was something he could do. He didn't seem very willing and I haven't heard anything.

Hah, when I had to fill in my health questionnaire (medical school) and have it signed and stamped by the surgery, rather than going via phone calls and being tedious, I just booked a medical appointment. There was no point in him refusing the sign and date it at that point, considering that he'd have all my medical records etc. in front of him. Maybe you should do something similar? Oh, but you'd need to somehow get him to bring his passport...
Reply 1788
Hah, when I had to fill in my health questionnaire (medical school) and have it signed and stamped by the surgery, rather than going via phone calls and being tedious, I just booked a medical appointment. There was no point in him refusing the sign and date it at that point, considering that he'd have all my medical records etc. in front of him. Maybe you should do something similar? Oh, but you'd need to somehow get him to bring his passport...

That's what I did :tongue: I actually needed to see him anyway but I asked then and mentioned that it requires his passport number - he didn't seem enthusiastic.
Reply 1789
Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well :biggrin:

tumblr_lkmgwzMhFT1qc2oljo1_400.jpg

I feel a bit guilty for saying this because I know they're not meaning any harm, but when people post images like the one above constantly on facebook I'm just like... :doh:
I end up hiding that person from my feed :redface:

So, my question for today is... what's your pet peeve?
Original post by L.O.V.E.

I feel a bit guilty for saying this because I know they're not meaning any harm, but when people post images like the one above constantly on facebook I'm just like... :doh:

State funded cyber criminals.

Keeps me in a lucrative career, however.
Original post by L.O.V.E.

Pet peeve are people on FB who put a really cryptic status like: I can deal with this right now..... THEN never tell the story and are just after sympathy!
AND
people who are depressed for no reason. you live once, enjoy it!
Pet Peeve = poor manners. No pleases, thank yous or not excusing yourself really irritates me sometimes. More the pleases and thank yous though as that just shows how much you respect other people.

Original post by Lacus

Just so you know, most GP practices have a policy of not signing these forms any more, or if they do, they'll charge for it as non-NHS work. The best advice (for future reference) is to call the practice manager and ask first.

Oh future doctor >< If there's nothing wrong with you, you really shouldn't book a medical appointment. The GPs are stretched enough as it is with time wasters with the sniffles etc., and it's hard enough for genuinely sick people to get an appointment, the doctor and the practice will really not appreciate it. Most practices have a special after-hours clinic for doing occupational health stuff etc.
Justin Bieber got hot. :sexface:

Please don't hold it against me.
:rant: RANT TIME:

:holmes: You're probably wondering how things with me and the said person are going. Well she said that at a particular meeting she was going to ask me out. So I said that if she had of asked me, I would have said yes. I even told her that I would have asked her out, but I didn't realise that she split up with her ex-boyfriend until she got with her current girlfriend. She thanked me and seemed to be pleased that I told her. We're still friends. :awesome: I care about her so much. A part of me wants to stay friends with her, because I couldn't bear losing her. I feel like a terrible person for even allowing myself to be in a position in which I'm hurting myself and could potentially hurt her. I could have torn her relationship and destroyed her happiness. I didn't, but where does that leave me? I'm still hurting like mad, what do I do? :sad:

I still wake up every morning feeling sick. I thought it would get better after having my exam yesterday but it's only gotten worse. I have my PBL work and group to worry about, her, her girlfriend, my lgbt soc (which I stupidly got elected to help out with campaigns and now have withdrawn due to the fact it would make my life 100 times more complicated than it already is), my family and perhaps most importantly my emotional, physical and mental health. Everyone wants a piece of me at the moment and I can't cope. I really feel as if I've let everyone down. :cry:

As an introvert all of this stimulus isn't good for me. I can go for days without seeing anyone and it doesn't even affect me in the slightest. I can't help but think I need to do this: "When you get bit by a snake, you have to suck out all the poison, that's what I had to do, suck all the poison out of my life."

I really need to do more little rants everyday instead of letting them all build up into one mental-breakdown sized rant :rant:

Apologies for being a constant downer recently, to make up for it, please accept the gift of lolcats =^_^=

Spoiler

Best start cracking on the PBL work, they want it in today... :teehee: like **** that's going to happen. Pathophysiology of CRF here I come!

Edit: Just found out that there was a fire in her shared kitchen yesterday :frown: It's right next to her room. If I had split them up when I had the chance and she hadn't had gone back to her girlfriends house last night and the fire was worse she could have died... :sad: I was out with her up town then, so inadvertently, I stopped her from getting hurt... feels better now :awesome:
(edited 11 years ago)
Ugh, left school a year ago today, and I now only have a week left of youth. Going to need a walking stick soon :shakecane:
Ugh, left school a year ago today, and I now only have a week left of youth. Going to need a walking stick soon :shakecane:

I take it you're turning 20??
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
I take it you're turning 20??

nope, turning 19. When I turn 20, I'll be hysterical.
nope, turning 19. When I turn 20, I'll be hysterical.

Man up :P!!
Some of us are older than hysterical!!

Latest