The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 1
There is a bike shop in the uplands called "Wheelies" ...I dont know how cheap or expensive their bikes are though. Argos for a new one? If you want a really cheap one try looking in the Evening Post, Admag, notice boards etc (the one outside the post office in the uplands has loads of stuff on it)
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Wouldn't you be scared of having your bike stolen?
Reply 3
History Rocks
Wouldn't you be scared of having your bike stolen?

Um, no....
Mousickle
Um, no....

Oh I would be :frown:

I read another thread where a boy was found to have stolen all the bikes held at the Student Village, I want to take my bike but obviously see no point in taking it if it's going to get stolen.
Reply 5
History Rocks
Oh I would be :frown:

I read another thread where a boy was found to have stolen all the bikes held at the Student Village, I want to take my bike but obviously see no point in taking it if it's going to get stolen.

Well I'd just keep it inside!
Mousickle
Well I'd just keep it inside!

The universities bike racks are outside though...
Reply 7
History Rocks
The universities bike racks are outside though...

Yeah, but my house has an inside! and its has a huge huge huge hallway porch type area you could fit about 50 bikes in, a few big storagey cupords you could fit a bike it AND totaly enough space to fit it inmy room.
Mousickle
Yeah, but my house has an inside! and its has a huge huge huge hallway porch type area you could fit about 50 bikes in, a few big storagey cupords you could fit a bike it AND totaly enough space to fit it inmy room.

Yes, but what about when you ride it to university or the local shops etc...

It's open to exposure for anyone to take, after all I assume your not going to take your bike to keep it locked away in your 'huge huge huge hallway'.
Reply 9
History Rocks
Yes, but what about when you ride it to university or the local shops etc...

It's open to exposure for anyone to take, after all I assume your not going to take your bike to keep it locked away in your 'huge huge huge hallway'.

Yeah but, you know, swansea is not the ghetto! Get a good lock and you are set.
I dont see why you feel there is any more of a chance of it being stolen in swanse than anywhere else. Unless you feel you should never have a bike incase it gets stolen. In whch case you should probably not have a car incase it gets hi jacked. and furthermore you should not leave your house incase it gets robbed!
Mousickle
Yeah but, you know, swansea is not the ghetto! Get a good lock and you are set.

Well that's not the case for many Swansea students in the village, they all had a lock set on each bike in a huge huge shed probably the same size as your huge huge hallway and they where all STOLEN

I never said Swansea was 'the ghetto' I'm just simply pointing out the fact that many student bikes have been stolen in the area, just like many other places throughout Britain.
Reply 11
History Rocks
Well that's not the case for many Swansea students in the village, they all had a lock set on each bike in a huge huge shed probably the same size as your huge huge hallway and they where all STOLEN

I never said Swansea was 'the ghetto' I'm just simply pointing out the fact that many student bikes have been stolen in the area, just like many other places throughout Britain.

well yeah there is always going to be some chance of bikes being nicked everywhere, hence another reason i would rather have a cheap one that i wouldnt care about all that much!