The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Sociology Unit 4 20th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hogwartz
my schools doing unit 4 now and its useless, because no1 has any resources for me.

I was pretty lucky had a really good teacher for sociology. You can get past papers and the mark scheme off AQA website. I also bought the AQA student book from WH smiths which was really helpful. Was about 20 quid but well worth it if you want to do well in your exam. I'd have never have got my A* without it! unfortunately I don't have any of my notes any more or I could have emailed them you
Good luck anyway
I have unit 3 revision notes if anyone wants me to email them? I'm at university now, but I remember doing this unit and I self-taught myself so my notes are pretty much the same as the book, but it saves you from typing it all up. Let me know! xx
Original post by laurajones24
I was pretty lucky had a really good teacher for sociology. You can get past papers and the mark scheme off AQA website. I also bought the AQA student book from WH smiths which was really helpful. Was about 20 quid but well worth it if you want to do well in your exam. I'd have never have got my A* without it! unfortunately I don't have any of my notes any more or I could have emailed them you
Good luck anyway

WOW I need an A* too, what is this book called?!?!!?!?!?!?!! :smile: thank you
Original post by ToyosiBaby
WOW I need an A* too, what is this book called?!?!!?!?!?!?!! :smile: thank you

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=9780748798322

It's the AQA A2 sociology published by nelson thornes
Original post by laurajones24

Thanks!! I reckon I'd have one at school..I'll have a look :smile:
hey can anyone help me with the unit 4 question evaluate the realist approaches to crime and deviance
im not sure whats AO1 AND ao2
I've just updated my website if anyone wants a list of topics/sociologists for Beliefs (paper 3) or Crime and Deviance (paper 4):
www.socialsciencetutor.co.uk
does anyone have any note on social action theory or have a model answer
Reply 1688
hi guys!!

i knw it may be a stupid question but does any1 have any hunch's on what may come up!!
because on the jan 2012 thread - what people predicted tended to came up (particularly one person who was bang on) so i thought we too may get lucky and have the same luck!!

Thanks in advance

Husn
Reply 1689
If anybody is doing Stratification and Differentiation help me! LOL No body seems to be doing that! GRR
Reply 1690
how's everybody coping with the revision for Unit 4 for june 19th?
My teacher stated postmodernity,modernity and globalisation or sociology as a science for the 33 markers
for crime and deviance bit my teacher stated control and punishment or suicide
can someone help me with the question assess strengths and limitations of using interviews to investigate cooperate crime
Reply 1693
Does anyone have the summary answers to the AQA textbook? Been looking everywhere! Anyone pleaaaaase!!!
Original post by JaiP
My teachers been really drilling in PET! i find the methods in context the hardest part of the paper, i need a good structure i think

hi sorry I just wondered if you found a good structure, if so could you let me know? :smile:
Original post by x-sweety-x
hi sorry I just wondered if you found a good structure, if so could you let me know? :smile:

I find it good to start with a clear definition of the research method, a discussion of the method in context. You then start with the strengths, always CLEARLY state how it links back to the question and why your telling the examiner it, then use an example, usually linked to the case study. Then criticise it!
Reply 1696
Original post by TallulahStaple
Hi

I thought I'd start a thread for this upcoming exam - I'm starting to step up the revision already!
How are you finding it so far??

The g674 paper on Inequality right? Do u have any ideas on what might come up? I haven't started my revision *_*

Quick Reply

Latest