The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

10 Old Square claim to be holding first rounds on the 9th - has anyone heard from them yet?
Original post by Chilbaldi

A scholarship from the Inn helps, no one is denying that. Definitely apply and do your best to get one. But it is not a death knell for someone's pupillage hunt.

I have never said that. I certainly don't want to give the impression that it should be so. I apologise if that is how my post came across.

Of course they help. If you don't get one, all I'm saying is that it should prompt a review to see if there are areas of your CV/interview technique that could be improved. I see nothing wrong with that.

Secondly, please don't descend to personal insults. I may well be a bore - but if someone is helped by my boring posts, then isn't it worth it?

Good luck for the season ahead Chilbaldi!
Reply 122
Just stayed up most of the night doing the damn FRU exam - hope I pass, and that it's worth it.
Reply 123
24 Old Buildings invites are apparently out, though I haven't gotten one yet.
Original post by Neo
Just stayed up most of the night doing the damn FRU exam - hope I pass, and that it's worth it.

FRU can be irksome and the last thing you need when doing the bar course, but I really think that it is worth it for interviews, applications and practical drafting, advocacy and ethical experience.

There was not an interview where it was not directly asked about or I could not include it, and I do believe that it contributed to my stats which markedly improved and led to a couple of offers.

My experience was that getting a case can be the hardest part, especially as pupillage applications near. My understanding is that they process post on Tuesdays and Thursday, and that the best time to go is after lunch on these days.

Good luck y'all.

HTP
Original post by vh123

Original post by vh123
Yeah so surely they will not be interviewing that many?
Any idea what the interview consists of?

Sorry for the late response. I'm not sure how many they're interviewing, with there being 2 rounds they could have a lot of short interviews (East Anglian interviewed 28 first rounds). Still not sure what the interview consists of. Have you found out anymore?
Original post by sanf
24 Old Buildings invites are apparently out, though I haven't gotten one yet.

Me neither - thinking that's not a good sign!
Reply 127
Good afternoon all. Has anyone heard from Erskine Chambers? According to their website applicants will be contacted "by" 7 February 2012 to arrange interviews.
Original post by Barnickle
Good afternoon all. Has anyone heard from Erskine Chambers? According to their website applicants will be contacted "by" 7 February 2012 to arrange interviews.

Nothing my end, checking email every few minutes though.
Reply 129
It's somehow reassuring to know there may be other neurotics out there too :redface:)

Bon chance!
I just did a mini there which I thought went well, so if they won't interview me I will have a pretty good indication of how the rest of my applications are going to go!
Reply 131
10 Old Sq. rejections are out by e-mail. :frown:
Original post by sanf
10 Old Sq. rejections are out by e-mail. :frown:

Yes they are...had a first round there last year and they must have really not enjoyed the experience.
Reply 133
5 o' clock has come and gone with no word from Erskine... I fear that might not be good news... have you heard anything Isherwood100?
Nothing my end either, it would not be unheard of for a chambers to miss their self-imposed deadline though so shall hold out hold for tomorrow. News on XXIV Old Buildings from anyone? I think last year they sent out rejection letters by post.
Reply 135
XXIV Old Buildings invites went out yesterday.
Reply 136
Good luck everyone! I will be constantly checking this for when I apply in the years to come! :smile:
XXIV Old Buildings rejections out by email.
Any FTB/ 18SJS applicants here yet?? I've heard nothing
Original post by outofthefryingpan
Any FTB/ 18SJS applicants here yet?? I've heard nothing

I'm waiting to hear from them too, I didn't even get an acknowledgement from them :/

Fingers crossed though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending