The Student Room Group

Is it me, or is the time flying by VERY QUICKLY? :( :( :(

Scroll to see replies

Get to Uni, and it flies like an arrow..I can't believe I'm almost done with first year!!!
Reply 21
Original post by ummm
I was wondering, I'm doing AS at the moment, but would it be alright if I just spent the rest of the Easter holidays mastering the content in the exams I'm taking (8) and do most of the maths past papers, then just focus on exam papers after easter? Does that give me enough time to do them all? Thanks. :smile:

Yh. Try and finish the actual content for most of your subjects. Then start doing past papers from the first day back onwards.

For example, for Maths, I'm just doing the worked examples in the book and doing the mixed exercises. I am also doing the 'Review Exercises' so that I know that when doing a past paper I am confident with all the questions.

In the January C3 paper, there was a trig proof which they had just taken from a worked example.

So yh, try and finish all the content.
Reply 22
Original post by ummm
That's what I was thinking of doing... I might try and do most of the maths past papers (two of my exams), but just focus on the theory for the rest of Easter, then hit the exam papers. I'm not sure if that gives us enough time though? Ahh, time goes too quickly! I only did about 2 hours yesterday because I had a 'headache' so I used it as an excuse to do basically nothing all day. :smile:

Its good that you are trying to finish all the content.

The good thing with maths unlike other subjects, there isn't really anything to 'revise' for.

Its one of those subjects where practise makes perfect.

Just do all the mixed exercises and worked examples in the book before attempting Solomon, Elmwood Press & Edexcel past papers.

I think doing a paper a day after the holidays should give you enough time.
Reply 23
Original post by exam2k10
Its good that you are trying to finish all the content.

The good thing with maths unlike other subjects, there isn't really anything to 'revise' for.

Its one of those subjects where practise makes perfect.

Just do all the mixed exercises and worked examples in the book before attempting Solomon, Elmwood Press & Edexcel past papers.

I think doing a paper a day after the holidays should give you enough time.

Hey! Sorry, haha, I didn't realise I had messaged you twice! I thought your posts were by two different people! :tongue: But yeah, I really like maths in that sense! So I'm going to focus on doing maths exercises and AQA papers until the end of Easter, then do Solomon, then re-do some of the AQA papers in the few days before the exams. :smile:

Now for a day of chemistry... yay... :s-smilie:

Thanks for the help. :biggrin:
Reply 24
A Levels do go really quickly, especially seen as I saw it as a stepping stone to Uni. But then I'm surprised how my first year of uni has gone really quickly, even quicker than A levels.

Good luck all of you!
Reply 25
Time still flies...

Guys, how has your holidays been so far in terms of both revision and having fun?

Have done a fair amount of revision. Nearly finished most of the module content for the upcoming exams.

Plan on doing past papers next week. What do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest