The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

What's Physics at Warwick like?

Can any current Physics students give me an insight into what it's like to study at Warwick, I'm having a tough time deciding whether to firm Warwick or not.
Reply 1
Bumping, I'm in the same situation.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
I'm a first year studying the Maths and Physics joint course, so i had much more mathematical background than most of the pure Physicists I know. The impression I get from them is that without Further Maths at A level, it's pretty heavy going. Then again, I'm sure that's the same anywhere where you need high grades to get onto the course.

Personally I've really enjoyed it, and apart from the occasional issue (specifically the guy who did Quantum Mechanics this year) the lecturers are good at explaining things and seem to really enjoy their subject.

The system is, for each module you go to about three lectures a week and get an assignment sheet a week as well as an online assignment on MasteringPhysics.com. People might tell you that at uni you work much less hard than you did at A level. If you want to get a 1st in Physics, they're very wrong.

In addition to that you meet up with your Tutor, who is usually in a pretty senior role like Professor, once a week to discuss anything you need to.

I don't know if that's the sort of information you were looking for? Anything more specific you want to know?
Reply 3
Original post by Schlemmons
I'm a first year studying the Maths and Physics joint course, so i had much more mathematical background than most of the pure Physicists I know. The impression I get from them is that without Further Maths at A level, it's pretty heavy going. Then again, I'm sure that's the same anywhere where you need high grades to get onto the course.

Personally I've really enjoyed it, and apart from the occasional issue (specifically the guy who did Quantum Mechanics this year) the lecturers are good at explaining things and seem to really enjoy their subject.

The system is, for each module you go to about three lectures a week and get an assignment sheet a week as well as an online assignment on MasteringPhysics.com. People might tell you that at uni you work much less hard than you did at A level. If you want to get a 1st in Physics, they're very wrong.

In addition to that you meet up with your Tutor, who is usually in a pretty senior role like Professor, once a week to discuss anything you need to.

I don't know if that's the sort of information you were looking for? Anything more specific you want to know?

In comparison to your timetable at A-level, do you have more or less free time? If it wouldn't be a terrible inconvenience could you post your timetable I'd love to see it! Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending