The Student Room Group

Edexcel core 4 exam replaced? BBC news

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just seen it :biggrin: shouldn't affect us. Just a different paper :biggrin:
Hope it isn't harder lol
Doesnt this mean they have to reprint and mail new packets to all the schools in a week...
Reply 4
Just saw this. Interesting. I'll never know if it would have been a better or worse paper!
Reply 5
Original post by blacklistmember
Doesnt this mean they have to reprint and mail new packets to all the schools in a week...

Looks like it :/ hope it doesn't mess anything up...
Reply 6
Typical edexcel, not surprised.

Hope the new paper isn't filled with errors.
Reply 7
Original post by raheem94
Typical edexcel, not surprised.

Hope the new paper isn't filled with errors.

It was the British Council who posted the paper in a pack of old past papers to some school in Egypt. Nothing to do with Edexcel.
Just to say, when the Bucks County Council made a mess up with one year's 11+ paper, the 'new paper' was actually the one they'd used the year before. Unfortunately we did Jan 2012 as a mock and I failed, so I hope that doesn't happen xD
Reply 9
Original post by RibenaRockstar
Just to say, when the Bucks County Council made a mess up with one year's 11+ paper, the 'new paper' was actually the one they'd used the year before. Unfortunately we did Jan 2012 as a mock and I failed, so I hope that doesn't happen xD

I'm not quite sure we can compare Edexcel worldwide C4 A-level exams with the Bucks County 11+ :tongue:
Original post by icedragon
I'm not quite sure we can compare Edexcel worldwide C4 A-level exams with the Bucks County 11+ :tongue:

In my life they're equally important. The one got me into the grammar school and the other will get me into uni :wink:
(But it would be a totally Edexcel thing to do)
Reply 11
Where does it say the paper was C4? Isn't S3 on the same day as C4? :confused:
Reply 12
Original post by Judder01
Where does it say the paper was C4? Isn't S3 on the same day as C4? :confused:

It could be S3, but much much more likely to be C4 as it was a packet mass-mailed to schools. Hardly anyone does S3 in comparison with C4.
Reply 13
Edexcel were being criticsed for having predictable papers each year. I assume they always have a backup for each sitting, however, if they decide to use the January 2013 paper it'll be difficult, whereas, if they use an older paper as a back up it'll be the same preditcable questions that have come up year on year.

Just a guess.
Original post by isp
Edexcel were being criticsed for having predictable papers each year. I assume they always have a backup for each sitting, however, if they decide to use the January 2013 paper it'll be difficult, whereas, if they use an older paper as a back up it'll be the same preditcable questions that have come up year on year.

Just a guess.

I actually know a bit about this from talking to a chief examiner. Apparently they make the papers a couple of years in advance, and they always make back ups in case of a security breach. The back ups are never released however under ordinary circumstances.

What I know for certain is they will not use the would be Jan 13 paper.
Reply 15
is it C4 paper that is replaced?!?!
Reply 16
Original post by DonJuan
It could be S3, but much much more likely to be C4 as it was a packet mass-mailed to schools. Hardly anyone does S3 in comparison with C4.

It is C4 that's being replaced.

Schools were emailed today and new papers will be winging their way everywhere as we speak!
:ahee: just over a week to go as well!!
SOME students will be sitting the original one according to Edexcel
Reply 19
Original post by sabre2th1
SOME students will be sitting the original one according to Edexcel

Where does it say this? Surely that would be unfair having people sit different papers, how would they standardise?

Quick Reply

Latest