The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham University Business school ?

Anybody going 2012?...Anybody already there? whats your view? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I should hopefully be going in September to study business management =)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by ammad26
I should hopefully be going in September to study business management =)

Ah cool...good luck...Im doing A+F next year...what did you think of it?
Are thier many people firming the Business school, when I went on the open day There wern't that many people lol
Reply 3
The business school itself is a bit out the way from the other buildings, but i dont think their is a lecture room there, ive only ever been there for classes.

The lecturers ive had from the business school (mostly from A+F course) have all been really good though.
Reply 4
Original post by josh_v
The business school itself is a bit out the way from the other buildings, but i dont think their is a lecture room there, ive only ever been there for classes.

The lecturers ive had from the business school (mostly from A+F course) have all been really good though.

There is one lecture theatre in the Business School - G12

Its a rather large LT and so only used for big compulsory modules or guest speakers where they open it up to staff and other students from the Business School (such as George Davies - creator of Per Una and George @ Asda).
Reply 5
Original post by josh_v

Cool thanks sounds good.....Were there many people doing A+F in your year or the years below, Just asking because when I went to the applicant open day in Febuary there wernt that many people there which isnt necessarily a bad thing was just wondering...Ive notcied alot of people do Business managemant lol
Reply 6
Original post by Jeeves_90
Cool thanks sounds good.....Were there many people doing A+F in your year or the years below, Just asking because when I went to the applicant open day in Febuary there wernt that many people there which isnt necessarily a bad thing was just wondering...Ive notcied alot of people do Business managemant lol

Hard to know exactly because all the lectures i had with the a+f course was combined with people from my course. Although i would say there was 80-100. But as more than one course takes each module, you'll likely have more than that in some of your lectures, so maybe 120.
Reply 7
Original post by josh_v
Hard to know exactly because all the lectures i had with the a+f course was combined with people from my course. Although i would say there was 80-100. But as more than one course takes each module, you'll likely have more than that in some of your lectures, so maybe 120.

Wow 120 I guess that what happens at uni....
Thanks alot....Just waitin till september now....just 1 more question
I hear alot about the careers and employability centre is it really that helpful?
Reply 8
I just firmed for accounting and finance :biggrin:
Reply 9
Wow 120 I guess that what happens at uni....
Thanks alot....Just waitin till september now....just 1 more question
I hear alot about the careers and employability centre is it really that helpful?

TBH ive not really used it so dont know too much about it. And my degree is part of the Economics programme, so i dont really know what A+F offer their students.

However, PWC are heavily involved at Birmingham, they sponsor the Economics society. And this year there have been a few career fairs where a few of the big accounting firms have been in along with lots of the smaller ones. Theres loads on offer if you look out for it.
Reply 10
Original post by sukhys
I just firmed for accounting and finance :biggrin:

Why did someone neg this post? :/.....Anyway good luck dude hope to cya next year....Just wondering why Bham
Reply 11
Original post by josh_v
TBH ive not really used it so dont know too much about it. And my degree is part of the Economics programme, so i dont really know what A+F offer their students.

However, PWC are heavily involved at Birmingham, they sponsor the Economics society. And this year there have been a few career fairs where a few of the big accounting firms have been in along with lots of the smaller ones. Theres loads on offer if you look out for it.

All of the Big Four are on campus a lot - Deloitte, PwC, KPMG and Ernst & Young. Either through sponsorship of societies and sports team etc but also through campus recruitment events and competitions etc.

Just keep your eyes out for them.
Reply 12
Ah cool...good luck...Im doing A+F next year...what did you think of it?
Are thier many people firming the Business school, when I went on the open day There wern't that many people lol

Well i didnt go to the applicant day :/ but i did go to a general open day and I absolutely love the campus and everything about it.
erm i do know of a few people who i met at the a2b student shadow day who have firmed business school.I also spoke to someone who went to the applicant day and she said that there were loads of people!! :smile:
im so looking forward to it all :smile:
Reply 13
B4 recruit good grads from all over the place from ex polys right to Oxbridge.

That they come to Bham is no big deal AT all, pretty de rigeour and expected.

The business school looks good but it is what is inside that counts
Reply 14
Id love to know some recent graduate destinations from the business school cant seem to find them on the website lol
Reply 15
Destinations of Business, Management and Finance home ug 2009-10.pdfDestinations of Business, Management and Finance home ug 2009-10.pdf

Got this sent to me from admin....but its for 2010...seems they havent done a servey since 2010 :/...woulda liked a recent 1....but it dosnt tell me the type of graduate destinations
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
They do do them every year. I have just filled in this years but I don't know where you can get the information from.
Reply 17
Original post by Hatterfan
They do do them every year. I have just filled in this years but I don't know where you can get the information from.

The main admin lady at bham business school shiv manku....could u send me any new info about grad destinations please
I would be joining in 2012, rather mine is a 21 months MBA starting from Jan 2013.
Reply 19
Original post by Bhargava R K
I would be joining in 2012, rather mine is a 21 months MBA starting from Jan 2013.

Ah cool...well congrats for getting into birmingham....MBA so I guess your looking to progress to an executive level or have I got it wrong lol

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my X10i

Quick Reply