The Student Room Group

A level choices advice

HEY guys,
I'm the process of choosing my A levels and I've hit a brick wall. Here are the possibilities:
1. Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry
2. Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Geography
3. Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Geography

At uni I wanna do Physics/Geophysics/NatSciences/Physics&Philosophy (kinda vague, I know).
I have been advised that Further Maths is important for those and I find Geography really interesting, but at my school we can only do 4 subjects.
What do you guys think?

CHEERS :biggrin:
Reply 1
Further maths isn't really important for Physics based courses. It can help your application, and you'll be a bit ahead for parts of the course, but overall, it won't disadvantage you if you don't have it, as a lot of schools don't even offer further maths, and all the extra content you will have learnt will be covered in the degree anyway. Chemistry is supposed to be a big advantage for Physics degrees, and if you really enjoy geography, I'd pick those two over further maths. But it's up to you and what you find most interesting and think you will do better at.
Reply 2
If you're willing to put extremely hard work in can't you ask to do all 5?
I did maths, further maths, physics and chemistry and just completely cracked under the pressure of all 4. I ended up with AABD respectively at AS. I found chemistry really difficult to process at the same time as learning the other 3. I would suggest Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Geography.

Quick Reply

Latest