The Student Room Group
Reply 2
I was looking for something exactly this. The problem with the pens is that you still need standard paper - I was hoping to be able to input directly on to a screen. I don't seem to be able to find anything like this though.
Asus EEE?
Reply 5
By wanting a screen you increase your cost. You can take notes with a pda like an ipaq but the screen is rather small. I can take notes on my tablet pc, but this is towards the expensive end of the spectrum.

TBH I just wrote my notes in biro and stapled them together. And I did computer science :biggrin:.
Reply 6

now *that* is a pretty badass invention. something tells me it wont play nice with linux however :frown:

i think maybe i will just go pen and paper after all....
Reply 7
Psion Series 5?
Reply 8
Choad
now *that* is a pretty badass invention. something tells me it wont play nice with linux however :frown:

i think maybe i will just go pen and paper after all....

"All files generated by the ZPEN can be viewed on MAC OS X and several versions of Linux (see section INK PEN & VIEWER on this FAQ), but there is no conversion software available today for these systems."
Reply 9
Budgety PDA and a fold-out bluetooth keyboard?.. PDAs tend to have a better battery life than laptops when just note-taking, and most of them come with a copy of word. And you can choose to save it in Office 2003 .doc format (along with .rtf and .txt I believe), so no nasty .docx to hinder you Linux experience :tongue:
Reply 10
I like the look of this, personally:

A mighty 64mb ram, and a 400mhz processor! (also has touch screen)
Reply 11
Rob801
"All files generated by the ZPEN can be viewed on MAC OS X and several versions of Linux (see section INK PEN & VIEWER on this FAQ), but there is no conversion software available today for these systems."

iiiinteresting...
Reply 12
A PDA probably is the best way to go, unless you need to jot down formulae and exotic symbols.

Latest

Trending

Trending