The Student Room Group

Should I send my IB psychology results for remarking?

I got a 4!!!

Urgh, I was predicted a 6 and even thought the exam was fairly reasonable. I felt that I could at least scrape a 5. Do you think I should send it for remarking?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mysterieux26
I got a 4!!!

Urgh, I was predicted a 6 and even thought the exam was fairly reasonable. I felt that I could at least scrape a 5. Do you think I should send it for remarking?

The best thing to do is to wait until you get a break down of your score. That way you can see the grades you got on each paper and hopefully identify the problem - for example, you may have done well on one paper but completely bombed the other.

You can see how close you were to the grade boundaries; if you were close, a remark is probably worth it. Good luck! I'm in the same position. I was predicted a 7 for ITGS but only got a 5... I was hoping for a 6 at least! I'm hoping I was near the grade boundary. :redface:
Reply 2
+1
Reply 3
arghh. i'm considering getting a remark for psych as well, just waiting until my IBDC sends me the break down...
Reply 4
How can you do badly in psychology? its a doss subject anyway...
Original post by OLawyer
How can you do badly in psychology? its a doss subject anyway...

Did you even do the IB? It's not considered a doss subject at all.
Reply 6
Original post by GlibByNature
Did you even do the IB? It's not considered a doss subject at all.

I did the EB, European Baccalaureate which is very tough. And judging from friends studying psychology at university, they do little work and party and still get 2.1's or 1sts...
Original post by OLawyer
I did the EB, European Baccalaureate which is very tough. And judging from friends studying psychology at university, they do little work and party and still get 2.1's or 1sts...

EB=/=IB
Reply 8
Original post by AspiringGenius
EB=/=IB

When did I say the EB was the same thing as the IB?
Original post by OLawyer

So's the IB. Nice source you got there by the way, your uni friends doing psychology shows that IB psychology is a doss.
Original post by OLawyer
When did I say the EB was the same thing as the IB?

Er, when you called IB Physcology a doss subject and said you did the EB implying the EB and IB are similar.

If not, you have no experience so should shut up really.
Reply 11
lol that makes no sense whatsoever. I called it a doss subject because at uni, everyone does really well in it whilst doing very little work. I dont see the link between that and the EB/IB being similar.
Reply 12
So's the IB. Nice source you got there by the way, your uni friends doing psychology shows that IB psychology is a doss.

Ok sorry its obvious the IB psychology is harder than university psychology, your absolutely right.
Original post by OLawyer
Ok sorry its obvious the IB psychology is harder than university psychology, your absolutely right.

:facepalm2: What a stupid comparison, it's all relative isn't it? You can't compare uni level work and school level work in such a simplistic way. Also, heard of context? At uni you're there studying Psychology full-time, while with the IB you're juggling that with 5 different subjects.

You haven't done the IB so you have no idea of the course content; you can't base your argument on a couple of uni friends.
Reply 14
:facepalm2: What a stupid comparison, it's all relative isn't it? You can't compare uni level work and school level work in such a simplistic way. Also, heard of context? At uni you're there studying Psychology full-time, while with the IB you're juggling that with 5 different subjects.

You haven't done the IB so you have no idea of the course content; you can't base your argument on a couple of uni friends.

5 different subjects...you wanna know how many subjects I had in my last year of EB? 13 subjects, so really the IB cant be that hard. I had final exams in Philosophy, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Latin, French, English, Spanish, Economics, Geography, History, Greek.
Original post by OLawyer
5 different subjects...you wanna know how many subjects I had in my last year of EB? 13 subjects, so really the IB cant be that hard. I had final exams in Philosophy, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Latin, French, English, Spanish, Economics, Geography, History, Greek.

I don't know enough about the EB (but at least I don't pretend to), however I doubt you study each subject to the same extent as A-levels or IB. Kinda unrelated though, since you still know nothing about IB or psychology.
Reply 16
I don't know enough about the EB (but at least I don't pretend to), however I doubt you study each subject to the same extent as A-levels or IB. Kinda unrelated though, since you still know nothing about IB or psychology.

I know how the IB works as well as the grading system.
Original post by OLawyer

Surely yuh don't study any of those subjects to a large extent? To be honest they must be so general they are only advanced GCSEs.
Reply 18
Original post by AspiringGenius
Surely yuh don't study any of those subjects to a large extent? To be honest they must be so general they are only advanced GCSEs.

Not even GCSE, they're the equivalent of wwat you do in primary.
Original post by OLawyer
Not even GCSE, they're the equivalent of wwat you do in primary.

You said the EB was tough?

Quick Reply

Latest