The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by thefunktopus69
At least it's not £3.2k...

True, true. when your premium is due just up the parents mileage and you'll be like...OMG I just saved a grand. Time to party.:colone:
Reply 61
Original post by Doctor.
Be truthful when it tells you to put in the main drivers mileage. For example I put my dads mileage to 15k. Now I get my insurance for £1000 :wink:

-The higher the cheaper :P

Really? Why is that?:confused:
Reply 62
Original post by Akmeeda
Really? Why is that?:confused:

The insurance company sees it like this: Older person probably in the mid 30s to 40s driving A LOT= More experienced, so less likely to crash. However if both the younger driver and older driver are driving 1000 miles a year....hmmh they're either lying or the younger driver will be driving more.

That's what I think anyway, it gives cheaper quotes so I am happy lol :biggrin:
Original post by Doctor.
True, true. when your premium is due just up the parents mileage and you'll be like...OMG I just saved a grand. Time to party.:colone:

Yeah If I said my parents were doing lots of miles it did go down to about £2k, but it would be an outright lie and would be something they could use to wriggle out of paying.

It would probably be easier if I told my parents that I'd give them £500 to drive to the south of france and back, just to do the mileage!
Reply 64
Original post by thefunktopus69
Yeah If I said my parents were doing lots of miles it did go down to about £2k, but it would be an outright lie and would be something they could use to wriggle out of paying.

It would probably be easier if I told my parents that I'd give them £500 to drive to the south of france and back, just to do the mileage!

Their terms says nothing about how much mileage the drivers will be doing during the policy so you're perfectly fine even if you didn't. I put down my parents did a lot of miles last year. Doesn't mean they'll be doing it this year at all :colone:.
Original post by Doctor.
Their terms says nothing about how much mileage the drivers will be doing during the policy so you're perfectly fine even if you didn't. I put down my parents did a lot of miles last year. Doesn't mean they'll be doing it this year at all :colone:.

Oh! Dammit!
Reply 66
I want to sign up with them quote was 1500 for Peugeot 206 1.4 Entice.

Mum main driver 9years NCB what proof will they actually need and what info does the engineer request?

Reply Asap please guyss :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by IvanGray
I want to sign up with them quote was 1500 for Peugeot 206 1.4 Entice.

Mum main driver 9years NCB what proof will they actually need and what info does the engineer request?

Reply Asap please guyss :smile:

Driving licences of all on the policy (the written part more than the cards) and V5 Registration document.
Reply 68
Original post by Doctor.

Original post by Doctor.
Driving licences of all on the policy (the written part more than the cards) and V5 Registration document.

My mum can't find hers? So they won't insure because of that?
And my uncle lives all the way in manchester will drive it when hes down... im in london. He wont travel all the way here...
Reply 69
My mum can't find hers? So they won't insure because of that?
And my uncle lives all the way in manchester will drive it when hes down... im in london. He wont travel all the way here...

The location where the engineer meets you doesn't have to be a home address it can be anywhere.
Your mum will have to probably order a a copy of the license from DVLA, if she has the paper counterpart it's fine....If not, you'll have to order one :frown:
Reply 70
Original post by Doctor.

Original post by Doctor.
The location where the engineer meets you doesn't have to be a home address it can be anywhere.
Your mum will have to probably order a a copy of the license from DVLA, if she has the paper counterpart it's fine....If not, you'll have to order one :frown:

ahh :frown:
can you Pm me how you did yours who was main driver etc what they requested?

If you included NCB?
Reply 71
ahh :frown:
can you Pm me how you did yours who was main driver etc what they requested?

If you included NCB?

PMed :-
Reply 72
Original post by Doctor.
PMed :-

Thanks to Doctor!

I got a quote for 538 hahahaha im laughing omg sooooo happyyy!!!!!!!!!!!:colondollar::cool:
Reply 73
Thanks to Doctor!

I got a quote for 538 hahahaha im laughing omg sooooo happyyy!!!!!!!!!!!:colondollar::cool:

No problem cutie :smile: Told youu it'll work :biggrin:. Must say that price is amazing, mines 1000 :frown: my dad has 4 years ncb

Also I believe I saved you thousands :redface: go me lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by Doctor.
No problem cutie :smile: Told youu it'll work :biggrin:. Must say that price is amazing, mines 1000 :frown: my dad has 4 years ncb

Also I believe I saved you thousands :redface: go me lol.

I did what you said, but with me as a main driver i never included any NCB

Will they insure me even though all i have changed is the allows?
Reply 75
I did what you said, but with me as a main driver i never included any NCB

Will they insure me even though all i have changed is the allows?

That sounds fine, I would check out the V5 registration thing though!

Other than that that's an amazing quote lol
Reply 76
I've got Black alloy wheels right, is that a modification that changes the car specss.. And performance?

Because I don't know whether to put it has modifications because if I do they won't insure me :frown:

Does the engineer check all that out?
Reply 77
I've got Black alloy wheels right, is that a modification that changes the car specss.. And performance?

Because I don't know whether to put it has modifications because if I do they won't insure me :frown:

Does the engineer check all that out?

i thought it has a list that says what is a modification or not :s-smilie: Not too sure :frown:
can someone PM me with tips on doing this and getting a good price. seems too good to be true!
Reply 79
Can somebody PM me with tips on how to reduce the insurance price other than to increase the main drivers mileage. I've got a quote for £1300 so far